unit availability dates

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

unit availability dates

Post by kondi754 »

I have a question: is "equipment.pzeqp"(panzercorps/data/...) the only file in the game where all units are located?
Are these just the units that were available in the primary/original version of the game?
If so, where to look for the others?
I'm asking because I'm going to change the dates of equipment and troops availability in accordance with historical truth.
First, I want to change the US Campaign in this way
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: unit availability dates

Post by cw58 »

The equipment file is indeed the file where all the units in-game are located. There are also associated files like the efx file in the graphics folders as well as some others for sound and animations. But to change dates of availability, all you need is the equipment file. Note that any changes to the equipment file will only take place when you start a new scenario, not in the middle of it.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

kondi754 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 pm I have a question: is "equipment.pzeqp"(panzercorps/data/...) the only file in the game where all units are located?
There is one "equipment.pzeqp" file
However if you are playing a mod or DLC, one can place a modified "equipment.pzeqp" file in the local 'Data' folder and it will supersede the main equip file.
This allows testing equip mods without messing with your main installed Data folder.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Thanks a lot, friends
Where can I find a manual about creating a mod for the game? I'm looking for and I can't find anything on this topic
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

kondi754 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:56 pm Where can I find a manual about creating a mod for the game? I'm looking for and I can't find anything on this topic
There are no manuals for Modding. :cry:

There is a manual for the Scenario Editor, it is very basic and limited. It comes with the PC version of the game.

If you go to the Stickies section above, there are guides which give some help, start there.
People have been working on mods for years, and are still learning.

Once you have a better idea of whats going on, you can ask specific questions here in the Scenario Forum.
Vague questions tend to get vague answers, if any.
Very specific questions usually get specific answers.
Sometimes the answer is no.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”