Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Come and talk with the devs on the Discord server of Fantasy General II

Post by AlbertoC »

Great news, people.

As we get ready to show you more and more of the game, we'd like to establish a more direct relationship between the development team of Owned By Gravity and all you fans who are waiting for Fantasy General II.

For that reason we are opening a new Fantasy General II Discord server! The devs are in it, and we will be notifying you anytime we post anything about the game. It'll be the perfect place to speak with the devs and with the community.

We will also be running some contests, and in the Discord server you'll be the first to know! By winning, you will be part of Fantasy General II's future, but let's not speak of that, yet.

Fantasy General II Social media:
- Discord
- Facebook
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Come and talk with the devs on the Discord server of Fantasy General II

Post by Retributarr »

I am unable to get into this website.

I see the Discord server highlighted,...I click on that...a page pops up with...'Accept invite'...I then click on that ... another page pops up with the header: "The webpage cannot be displayed"?. Was ist Los?. I canna' gaet in?.

Where am I going awry?.
------------------------------
Edited Addition:
You can download the 'Discord-App' right here!.
https://discordapp.com/download
Last edited by Retributarr on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

first you need to have download the app / program for discord, and have a free account to except the invite,

without it will just sit there, as if your not a member already, how can you join when no account is ported to the new server.

if your already a member and have the app running, then no idea

worked fine for me
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Why do we need Discord? Why don't we just use this beautiful Slitherine forum?
Warning- I used to post Armed Assault tutorials and screenshots etc in the excellent Code4Gaming forum, but then the Admins opened a Discord forum and a lot of C4G members went to Discord, and the C4G forum is now almost deserted, so there's no point posting there any more.
I tried following them to Discord myself but couldn't log in after several attempts at registering, and I hear other people had the same trouble.
My point is that this Slitherine forum will suffer the same abandoned fate as C4G if people jump ship to go to Discord.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

well we read both, discord is just quicker for short questions or comments
Making Fantasy General 2
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

OBG_primetide wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm well we read both, discord is just quicker for short questions or comments
Thanks, but what exactly IS Discord, a voice-only chatroom or a proper forum with screenshots and stuff, or what?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm
OBG_primetide wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm well we read both, discord is just quicker for short questions or comments
Thanks, but what exactly IS Discord, a voice-only chatroom or a proper forum with screenshots and stuff, or what?
Exactly!...I've got the same anxious anxiety as 'PoorOldSpike' I went there and saw nothing that I could relate to. Can anyone give us "Grass-Hoppers" a careful description of how to get to the proper site (I may have not?)...as well as to how to function there.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm [Thanks, but what exactly IS Discord, a voice-only chatroom or a proper forum with screenshots and stuff, or what?
Yeah, from what I've seen so far, about 20 years ago we would've called this a "chat room". Twitter 2.0 :lol:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 am Yeah, from what I've seen so far, about 20 years ago we would've called this a "chat room". Twitter 2.0 :lol:
Chat rooms are fine for lightweight chat, but not for serious gamers because if somebody asks a question in a chatroom and gets a reply, it scrolls off into cyberspace soon afterwards and a lot of people will miss seeing it, but with proper forums the reply stays visible (including screenshots and charts and tutorials etc) as a permanent fixed reference point for many years...:)
“I am constant as the Northern Star, of whose true fixed and resting quality there is no fellow in the firmament.”
-Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 am
PoorOldSpike wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm [Thanks, but what exactly IS Discord, a voice-only chatroom or a proper forum with screenshots and stuff, or what?
Yeah, from what I've seen so far, about 20 years ago we would've called this a "chat room". Twitter 2.0 :lol:
35 years ago it would have been called “party line”, or “phone a friend” haha.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Anyway out of curiosity I've just spent 20 minutes trying to register at Discord but couldn't get in, I kept getting messages saying my email address and password weren't recognised, no matter how many times I kept resetting them.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 pm
GabeKnight wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 am
35 years ago it would have been called “party line”, or “phone a friend” haha.
I didn't know it yet but I am also not sure I will ever need it either...

Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:20 pm I didn't know it yet but I am also not sure I will ever need it either...
Thanks for sharing the vid, but the dude is completely unable to explain facts and circumstances. Someone even says it in the first comment: "This does nothing to explain Discord to a person who is completely new to the platform."

... but it's a fun watch. :lol: :lol:
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:20 pm I didn't know it yet but I am also not sure I will ever need it either...
Thanks for sharing the vid, but the dude is completely unable to explain facts and circumstances. Someone even says it in the first comment: "This does nothing to explain Discord to a person who is completely new to the platform."

If you can’t explain it to a five year old…

Haha, yeah I know... (and sorry by the way), I actually had watched several just out of curiosity, this one here might be better in explaining what it is but you don't see much of the thing actually… and I don't see a use case for myself... :mrgreen:

Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

Let's just say that it is a multifunction Chatroom and if you want to give us feedback the forum is a great place for that.
Making Fantasy General 2
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:20 pm

If you can’t explain it to a five year old…

Haha, yeah I know... (and sorry by the way), I actually had watched several just out of curiosity, this one here might be better in explaining what it is but you don't see much of the thing actually… and I don't see a use case for myself... :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------
Which brings to mind a short Quip that I once ran across....

Napoleon' Bonaparte desperately needed to relay battlefield action instructions to his Generals...so he called into his command tent...his 'Idiot Messanger'!.

He carefully explained the instructions to the Idiot Messenger, then...sent him off on his way. When the Messenger returned...Napoleon in disgust scolded the Messenger for failing to relay the messages to his General's...as he could see that his 'Orders' were not being carried out!.

With a re-worked different approach in his explanation of his battlefield 'Orders', he...again explained the instructions to his Idiot Messanger...and...so...sent him off again to his General's.

This time Napoleon could see that his instructions were being carried out!.

Conclusion: When finally the 'Idiot' could understand Napoleons Instructions, then...his 'Generals' would also be able to understand their instructions.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:07 pm Conclusion: When finally the 'Idiot' could understand Napoleons Instructions, then...his 'Generals' would also be able to understand their instructions.
About right. The problem is that some people could conclude that it's the generals who are at "idiot"-level, while it's the other way around.
Doing a good job explaining something to somebody is not always easy - and you'll have to know what level of knowledge that person's already at.
I hope the in-game tutorials will do a better job than that dude... :wink: :D
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

We have no intention whatsoever to neglect the Fantasy General II forum on Slitherine.

We will post here and reply, just as we do on Discord.

It's just two different media: one is a forum, the other is a chat, so they will be used in a different manner.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

AlbertoC wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am We have no intention whatsoever to neglect the Fantasy General II forum on Slitherine.
It's just two different media: one is a forum, the other is a chat, so they will be used in a different manner.
Thanks, and just to digress slightly, can anybody tell me what the difference is between the Matrix forum and the Slitherine forum?
Why are there two forums?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

AlbertoC wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am We have no intention whatsoever to neglect the Fantasy General II forum on Slitherine.

Ok!...great stuff!, now... before "I/we-all" can come up with any possible suggestions...or game idea's...or critiques...we would need to have more "Input' dealing with the details of the game story (where/ & what are the limits/extent or boundaries of whatever paths/directions one can take ).

Game-character attribute limits need to be clearly understood/ known, such as for an example in "PanzerCorps"...we know the explicit functionality/capability of each and every unit on the unit roster. In other words...we know exactly how they will function...in regard's to what they can,,,or cannot do.

Just...for an example'...can some types of ground unit's have the capability to be 'Air-Transported' by 'Dragons'?. So!, such detailed particular specializations or attributes are also in the 'Need to Know' basis...not hidden away from us in some 'Known/Un-Known' category.

Finally...to sum up!,...I/we need to know where we stand...before we can step forward...and walk!.

Edited Edition:

http://www.slitherine.com/news/2819/Fan ... announced!
Excerpts from Web-Page:

Each unit comes with their specific abilities, arms and armour, and they can be equipped with magic artefacts you find during battle and upgraded with gold and resources that you need to plunder from your enemy.

their fertile river valleys and deep woods where witches and monsters still roam free; from the Sunken Land, submerged through a great Cataclysm and filled with treacherous swamp and Lizardfolk, to the refined and temperate Empire to the South, home to wondrous cities and built upon undead labour
----------------------------------
What capabities do witches have?, Monsters, "Lounge"-Lizards, & Undead Labour?.

Return to “News & Announcements”