Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

Post by guille1434 »

Unless it is a very large file, you can just compress it with WinRar or Winzip and upload it here...
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Here are some rough sound files for the Panzer Grenadiers... Two versions of a troop marching sound with an engine vehicle sound background...
Attachments
PzGren Sounds.rar
(436.57 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

guille1434 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:54 pm Here are some rough sound files for the Panzer Grenadiers... Two versions of a troop marching sound with an engine vehicle sound background...
Good work, made with Audacity ?
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

No, I could not install Audacity in my PC because it kept saying that there was one .dll file missing... I made those sound effects with good, old, trusty Oceanaudio... :-)
maguro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by maguro »

guille1434 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm No, I could not install Audacity in my PC because it kept saying that there was one .dll file missing... I made those sound effects with good, old, trusty Oceanaudio... :-)
I completely forgot about just zipping the file and posting it directly. Anyway, great work on the sound file! Now I may have to add this unit.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hello guys, I present you two forgotten warriors: the tank destroyers Sturer Emil and Dicker Max.

Sturer Emil
Skins and masks:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kfnc9xkl ... l.rar/file

Dicker Max
Skins and masks:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/450ubbzn ... x.rar/file

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Akkula!

Nice to see you here again, and thanks for sharing those nice icons...

Now that you came around I would like to ask you a question, may be you can help me... If I am not mistaken, I read that in the Modern Conflicts mod there are air units with weapon range bigger than 0. I even remember to have seen a screenshot of a F-16 fighter "pointing" its weapons to another air unit which was placed two hexes away...

How could you do that? I looked in your mod eqp file but I could not find any clue. I am trying to give air units with big guns range = 1 to make them able to fire on targets and escaping from taking damage from return fire. For example, I think that a Hs-129 with its 7,5 cm gun should be able to fire on tanks from outside the range of said tanks AA machine guns, so avoiding taking damage from the target tank unit, but not from specialized AA units protecting them. Could you give me some advice on how to achieve that? I tried many ways, but I could not get an air unit with a firing range superior to zero.
Thanks in advance!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

guille1434 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm No, I could not install Audacity in my PC because it kept saying that there was one .dll file missing... I made those sound effects with good, old, trusty Oceanaudio... :-)
I did not know this software that I will test occasionally (Ocenaudio not Oceanaudio :wink: ). As description, we can read: "Ocenaudio is a free audio editor that combines good features and simplicity of use, something rather rare in the field. Admittedly less complete than the Audacity unmissable, this solution allows to edit audio files thanks to several effects and advanced options."
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Ocenaudio it is, in fact... Obviously, I never got to use Audacity, because I could no install it. But from what I learned in its home page and some forums, Ocenaudio has less features than Audacity, nevertheless, what I could do with this simpler program was enough for my needs and skills...
Last edited by guille1434 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Base icon, mask and SE version for the Sdkfz 10/4 big unit portrait... 8)
Attachments
Sdkfz_10-4 Big Unit Pack.rar
(64.17 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
SE_SdKfz_10-4.png
SE_SdKfz_10-4.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 4279 times
SdKfz_10-4.png
SdKfz_10-4.png (25.55 KiB) Viewed 4279 times
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

guille1434 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 am Hello Akkula!

Nice to see you here again, and thanks for sharing those nice icons...

Now that you came around I would like to ask you a question, may be you can help me... If I am not mistaken, I read that in the Modern Conflicts mod there are air units with weapon range bigger than 0. I even remember to have seen a screenshot of a F-16 fighter "pointing" its weapons to another air unit which was placed two hexes away...

How could you do that? I looked in your mod eqp file but I could not find any clue. I am trying to give air units with big guns range = 1 to make them able to fire on targets and escaping from taking damage from return fire. For example, I think that a Hs-129 with its 7,5 cm gun should be able to fire on tanks from outside the range of said tanks AA machine guns, so avoiding taking damage from the target tank unit, but not from specialized AA units protecting them. Could you give me some advice on how to achieve that? I tried many ways, but I could not get an air unit with a firing range superior to zero.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Guille,
What I did with the Su-57, MiG-31, F-22 and F-35 is jut add range 2, this allow them to attack with "artillery range" withouth risk of retaliation. That affects ground and air units, that of course it is realistic for modern aircrafts but in the case of the Hs-129 I think it wouldnt work as the unit has to be above the same hex of the ground unit losing that "no retaliation" advantage. Maybe you could add lots of air and ground defence points??.
Regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Akkula: Yes, I dis just that when doing my tests... I gave the Hs-129 range 1, even changed its unit class as artillery, but to no avail... So, you think that for an air unit to be able to attack a ground unit it should only be positioned just on top of the target ground unit (in the same hex)? I think this should be the reason, then. If this is the case, at least, we can have, for example, a Me-262 with 5 cm gun firing from outside the range of a bomber defensive machine guns... :-)

Its a pity that an air unit cannot make a ranged attack on a surface unit (like, for example, torpedo planes in Pacific General) because it would be "historically realistic" to be able to attack warships with a dive bomber from above and a torpedo plane from the side in the same turn...

Thanks friend for the answer... By the way, did you test what happened when, for example, a F-35 attacked a Mig-31 (both units with range 2)? Did the attacked unit fire back?

May be a new .exe version??? :-)
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

For anyone interested, the Kettendradshutzen (Kettenkrad based infantry, similar to the Kradshuzten). Its based on the already existing Sdkfz 2 icon, mixed with bits from the Kradshutzen. I gave it identical stats to the Kradshutzen (and all variants) but with the halftrack movement type and speed of seven. I use the normal Sdkfz 2 icon for the transport version.
Kettenkradshutzen.png
Kettenkradshutzen.png (30.84 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello. Here are some new versions of the Kettenkrad icon, with some variants... Besides the unit pack included here, which contains the basic icons and masks, I will make a set of templates for the ones who likes to show crewmen on their vehicle icons...
Attachments
Kettenkrad-Trailer.png
Kettenkrad-Trailer.png (17.29 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
SS_Kettenkrad.png
SS_Kettenkrad.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
Kettenkrad Unit Pack.rar
(123.76 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

The "regular desert" icons, which were missing in the previous pack...
Attachments
Kettenkrad-Trailer-desert.png
Kettenkrad-Trailer-desert.png (18.41 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
Kettenkrad-desert.png
Kettenkrad-desert.png (14.23 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Using the crew templates I previously mentioned, here is a "switchable" Kettenkrad unit: recon - harassing (with an machine gun armed infantryman) roles... Enjoy!! 8)
Attachments
Kettenkrad-MG.png
Kettenkrad-MG.png (16.2 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
Kettenkrad-Recon.png
Kettenkrad-Recon.png (16.35 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

...And last, but not least, here is a custom animation fire for the MG armed Sdkfz.2, which I tested with the DCS software and seems to work fine.
Attachments
Kettenkrad-MG34.png
Kettenkrad-MG34.png (190.86 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Big units for the Panzerjager I, in regular and SE/SS versions...
Attachments
SS_Panzerjager_IB.png
SS_Panzerjager_IB.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Panzerjager_IB.png
Panzerjager_IB.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by cw58 »

Thanks for the big units' pics, Guille. You're filling in some of the holes in my roster. :)
lennis29
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by lennis29 »

cw58 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:06 pm Thanks for the big units' pics, Guille. You're filling in some of the holes in my roster. :)
@cw58
Greetings, you can share your Mod.
Thank you,
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”