Palm trees in Winter War

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Palm trees in Winter War

Post by terminator »

In Winter War, there are still some palm trees in decoration that resist the cold :shock:

It is not really a bug but something that could be corrected :roll:

:arrow: Original screenshot wit Palm trees in decorations :

Palmtrees(1).jpg
Palmtrees(1).jpg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

:arrow: Corrected screenshot without Palm trees in decorations :

Palmtrees(2).jpg
Palmtrees(2).jpg (134.15 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

:arrow: Very strange, Farmland appears (this is a real graphical bug I will talk about in another topic) :o

Palmtrees(3).jpg
Palmtrees(3).jpg (132.19 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
PS: pictures taken from scenario = 3_Suomussalmi
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Palm trees in Winter War

Post by bebro »

Edit: ahh, just saw it. Thx for the hint.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 am In Winter War, there are still some palm trees in decoration that resist the cold :shock:
bebro wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am Thx for the hint.
Yeah, noticed minor decorational stuff like this, too.
But I was unsure if it makes sense reporting those. And I still am, to be honest. Some were addressed in the patches/updates, some weren't. Like roads not ending at the edges right, or some remnant supply locations or deploy hexes or... BUT usually with little to no gameplay consequence.

You're really willing to correct all these little things?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:55 pm
terminator wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 am In Winter War, there are still some palm trees in decoration that resist the cold :shock:
bebro wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am Thx for the hint.
Yeah, noticed minor decorational stuff like this, too.
But I was unsure if it makes sense reporting those. And I still am, to be honest. Some were addressed in the patches/updates, some weren't. Like roads not ending at the edges right, or some remnant supply locations or deploy hexes or... BUT usually with little to no gameplay consequence.

It's not complicated and there is a graphical bug with these asian villages decorations (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=90902)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:55 pm But I was unsure if it makes sense reporting those. And I still am, to be honest. Some were addressed in the patches/updates, some weren't. Like roads not ending at the edges right, or some remnant supply locations or deploy hexes or... BUT usually with little to no gameplay consequence.

Depends :)

Purely cosmetic stuff isn't getting high priority, but IMO something like palms in Finland looks just wrong, even when there's no gameplay impact.

Some other things like road ends on the edges are sometimes normal (the editor refuses to connect to edge hexes under certain conditions, not always). Thing is this does never occur if you created a larger map first, then cut it into a smaller ones, which probably creates the perception of "mistakes" on maps that are just created normally (where said issue can occur on diagonal lines).

So bottom line: if we work on stuff anyway and see the chance to quickly add/change things we can just do it, but if there is no actual problem then it will go down the list.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”