[Gameplay Bug][Mines][New]

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

[Gameplay Bug][Mines][New]

Post by Erik2 »

Neutral mines' 'ownership' is visible during the deployment phase. The surprise element is thus lost...
Screenshot is from one of my custom scenarios.
I think this is a new issue in 7.1.6
mines.jpg
mines.jpg (425.12 KiB) Viewed 958 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: [Gameplay Bug][Mines][New]

Post by terminator »

I think it is not a bug, have you try to change the "Hex Ownership" of the mines with the Editor after having placed the mines ?

Screenshot 438.jpg
Screenshot 438.jpg (246.37 KiB) Viewed 954 times

Screenshot 439.jpg
Screenshot 439.jpg (228.8 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Why should you be required to change the ownership after you've placed a neutral mine?
This is either a bug or poor implementation. Mines should have no ownership trait, similar to recon.
The mines work fine (are invisible) as soon as the game starts. They should be invisible in the deployment phase as well.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:51 am Neutral mines' 'ownership' is visible during the deployment phase. The surprise element is thus lost...
Screenshot is from one of my custom scenarios.
In a short editor test I did not get neutral hex ownership when just placing neutral mines on the map (in foreign territory).

Did you modify the scn, esp. alliance settings? This can unset hex ownership in some cases. In that case it should be visible in the editor, and can just be corrected there by normally "re-painting" the correct territory owner onto those hexes..
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Aha, I see. i may have changed alliances somewhere along the line before I started play-testing this campaign.
It's an easy fix and I'm happy I do not have to check every mine-infested scenario I've created...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 pm Aha, I see. i may have changed alliances somewhere along the line before I started play-testing this campaign.
It's an easy fix and I'm happy I do not have to check every mine-infested scenario I've created...
Sometimes to test a scenario, I change sides (playing the AI side) to see the "los" and the possibilities of movements for the enemy units at the beginning of the scenario.

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”