TT Mod version 1.5.3 (NOW REPLACED BY v1.5.18 - see separate thread)

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.3 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by lapdog666 »

TT mod : Image

versus Vanilla : Image

do you notice the difference in colors

its like they have some shadow or a glitch or dirt
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Thanks lapdog,

The explanation is simple, there is nothing wrong with the textures themselves, but the extra texture sets do not have the associated Normal and Spec files included. The problem does not show up in the editor for some reason. I will include the required missing files in the next update.

Thanks for spotting that.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Paul59 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am Thanks lapdog,

The explanation is simple, there is nothing wrong with the textures themselves, but the extra texture sets do not have the associated Normal and Spec files included. The problem does not show up in the editor for some reason. I will include the required missing files in the next update.

You can fix this yourself, it is quite easy:

Just copy the Spanish_Scutarii_Normal.dds and Spanish_Scutarii_Spec.dds files from the vanilla game's texture1 folder.

Then paste them into the TT Mods texture2 and texture3 folders.

This screenshot might help find those folder locations:

This is an easy mistake to make when adding extra textures, so I had better check the mod for any other missing Normal and Spec files.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Where exactly is the Campaigns Folder I am meant to be looking for as per the above screenshot? I don't see a TT Mod in the Slitherine FG2 CAMPAIGNS folder I can see - so where is it? I assume the left-hand side of the screen shot is a red herring.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

julianbarker wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:49 pm Where exactly is the Campaigns Folder I am meant to be looking for as per the above screenshot? I don't see a TT Mod in the Slitherine FG2 CAMPAIGNS folder I can see - so where is it? I assume the left-hand side of the screen shot is a red herring.
The folder on the left hand side shows the main game installation, unless of course you are using the STEAM version in which case it will be in your Steam/steamapps/common folder. I showed this folder because it is where you copy the Normal and Spec files from.

Unfortunately the full path of the destination folder is not showing, there is not enough room for it. You should be able to find the TT Mod in C:\My Documents\My Games\FieldofGlory2\CAMPAIGNS.

The path might be slightly different depending on your version of Windows.

I explained a bit more about how mods work, and where they go, in this thread:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=89879

But you don't need to worry about copying and pasting those files, it is only to fix the shadows on the textures of the cool side Iberian Scutarii, hardly a major deal unless you are playing with them a lot.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Thanks. I wasn't expecting mods to be in My Docs.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

Is there still an issue with the banner display? A lot of commanders!
Screen_00000018.jpg
Screen_00000018.jpg (268.79 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
When I mouse over the units it gets better!
Screen_00000019.jpg
Screen_00000019.jpg (278.67 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Thanks Morbio,

By the look of the second screenshot, all the banners turned normal, probably after you moused over them.

I have actually found a final fix for this annoying problem. I posted about it on 4th March:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=80

So the banner problem will be fixed for good in the next update. There is no need to tell me about more banner issues, it is all due to the same cause.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Think there may be an issue with the Axumite list as the Guard foot is cheaper than ordinary foot?

Cheers

Adam
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

cromlechi wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:43 pm Think there may be an issue with the Axumite list as the Guard foot is cheaper than ordinary foot?

Cheers

Adam
I am out of the country, so can't check this for a few days. But the explanation might be that the Axumite Foot are a 720 man unit, while the guard are only 480 men. As I explained elsewhere, the Axumite Foot are slightly over costed, as I forgot to apply the 8% points discount for deep foot when that was introduced to the game in a recent patch.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:16 am
vakarr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 am I love the imagery in this mod, (it's beautiful!) but disagree with some aspects of your Thracian lists. Can I make some suggestions or would you mind if I make my own mod of the Thracian lists (assuming that's done the normal wayjust by editing a few files and there's no additional code)?
Hi vakarr,

Please send me a pm with your suggestions. I don't mind if you modify the TT mod for private use, but don't want multiple versions of the TT mod available. It would get very confusing.
Hi, you will find my preferences in the Mercenaries & Allies mod, and I have had a request that the TT mod and my mod be combined - if you are a beta tester I need say no more.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

vakarr wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 pm Hi, you will find my preferences in the Mercenaries & Allies mod, and I have had a request that the TT mod and my mod be combined - if you are a beta tester I need say no more.
It's already done.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:11 pm
cromlechi wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:43 pm Think there may be an issue with the Axumite list as the Guard foot is cheaper than ordinary foot?

Cheers

Adam
I am out of the country, so can't check this for a few days. But the explanation might be that the Axumite Foot are a 720 man unit, while the guard are only 480 men. As I explained elsewhere, the Axumite Foot are slightly over costed, as I forgot to apply the 8% points discount for deep foot when that was introduced to the game in a recent patch.
Thanks Adam,

I have now been able to check this. The Axumite Guard are correctly costed at the moment (54 points). But they will be affected by an upcoming change to the official points system, and so will be increased to 60 in the next update. The Average Axumite Foot were correct at 63 points when they were added to the TT Mod, but should have been reduced to 58 points when the official points cost was reduced. I noticed this up a few weeks ago, along with a few other units that I had missed, so they will be reduced in the next update.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

I'm confusing myself trying to work it out but the game and the editor find a models textures in different ways. One finds them via the names baked into the s4f at the time its created, the other finds them based on the models name. But that would suggest one of them only shows original textures, and the other only modded. Which doesn't explian your original (and highly offensive :lol: ) screen shots.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm confusing myself trying to work it out but the game and the editor find a models textures in different ways. One finds them via the names baked into the s4f at the time its created, the other finds them based on the models name. But that would suggest one of them only shows original textures, and the other only modded. Which doesn't explian your original (and highly offensive :lol: ) screen shots.
If I remember correctly, the shadowy textures that lapdog noticed were the cool side TT Mod Spanish Scutarii. I had added two new texture sets for these, so that the warm side were main texture folder and the texture1 folder, and the cool side were texture2 and 3 folders.

I had forgotten to add the Normal and Spec files to texture2 and 3 folders. I had not changed the s4f file at all, there was no need, as all I was doing was adding extra texture sets.

So the warm side textures were fine, as the game was reading the Normal and Spec files from the main game's texture folders. But as I had forgotten to add the Normal and Spec files to the TT Mod's texture2 and 3 folders, there were shadows on the model in game for the cool side textures.

These shadows were not appearing in the Editor.

It can't be anything to do with the names in the s4f file or the model name, because these are the same as vanilla.

The only possible explanation that makes sense to me, is that the Editor might only read the Normal and Spec files from the main texture folder, and not the numbered texture folders. If that is the case, then the lack of Normal and Spec files in the numbered texture folders does not cause a problem. This is only a guess though, I have not tested this theory!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Hey Paul! Loving the mod as always.

Any plans for the new update? That new allies feature sounds pretty amazing. Think it will have any applications to TT's already sterling roster list?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

antiochosvii wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 pm Hey Paul! Loving the mod as always.

Any plans for the new update? That new allies feature sounds pretty amazing. Think it will have any applications to TT's already sterling roster list?
I will update the TT Mod sometime after the next DLC and official patch are released. But it will be quite sometime after I am afraid. For various reasons, I have not really started work on the armies from the new DLC yet, and won't until after it is released.

I always try to include any official changes to the army lists into the TT mod. So yes, the new allies feature will be included. The existing army lists already include some allies, as they are used in the random campaigns. The new allied army feature adds them to custom battles as well, and Richard has greatly expanded the number of allies for some armies, so all I have to do is make sure those new allied armies are added to the TT Mod armies. Compared to the other work that I put into the TT mod it is very straightforward.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Very cool, glad to hear it. I'll look forward to it.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 pm The TT mod has now been updated to cover the "Rise of Persia" DLC.
Hi Paul

Just a heads up. I noticed that some of the troop costs in your mod are not compatible with the latest changes eg. superior armoured bow cavalry are still 72 points and Thorakitae 54 points. We are using your mod for the Biblical FDL section but I'm not sure if it affects any troops in that period.

Cheers
Martin
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Cunningcairn wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 am
Paul59 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 pm The TT mod has now been updated to cover the "Rise of Persia" DLC.
Hi Paul

Just a heads up. I noticed that some of the troop costs in your mod are not compatible with the latest changes eg. superior armoured bow cavalry are still 72 points and Thorakitae 54 points. We are using your mod for the Biblical FDL section but I'm not sure if it affects any troops in that period.

Cheers
Martin
Hi Martin,

Obviously, as TT Mod 1.5.3 was released in December 2018 it does not contain any of the unit points changes that were made in the last official patch.

I am currently working on updating the TT Mod to include WATG and all the new main game changes, but it will take some time. It would also cause problems if I release the new TT Mod while the current Digital League season is underway. Some of the units in the Biblical armies will have their points cost changed, and it would cause problems if some people were still using the old version of the TT Mod, and others the new.

Stockwellpete has already discussed this with me, and I have agreed to only release the new version of the TT Mod after the fifth season of the Digital League ends.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”