Crashing after about 25 minutes with Streaming software turned on

Tech Support
Cocolito
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Crashing after about 25 minutes with Streaming software turned on

Post by Cocolito »

I have done this with three different software so far. Whenever I play with either Streamline OBS, Xsplit, or Geforce Experience Broadcast turned on, the game always crashes around the 25 minute mark (give or take a few minutes). One time it crashed after 5 minutes.

This occurs regardless of actually broadcasting the game on my Twitch channel. Simply having one of these turned on will result in this crash.

I have done this with and without mods installed in my games. I have done this mainly in Single Player matches. Without any of these applications, I can typically play for about 1 - 2 hours before getting a random crash.

Any insight to this?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Crashing after about 25 minutes with Streaming software turned on

Post by zakblood »

seems them something in the software your using does't work to well with the game, if it works fine without any of these loaded Streamline OBS, Xsplit, or Geforce Experience Broadcast

do you have plenty of ram?

cpu not overly taxed?

good enough VGA with loads of room to spare, as you do need quite a high end pc to do this sort of thing?

a report would say,

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just zip the file then attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then not permitted to attach to the forum, where as a zip file is.

but unless someone else with those programs knows, i haven't a clue tbh
Cocolito

Post by Cocolito »

I'll get you the file later today (currently at work).
As for my specs, my graphics card is an Nvidia 1080 with 8gb ram. I have 16 gb memory ram, and while testing this, I have my Task manager performance opened, showing up to 9 gb being used at most. I also had several other programs opened (Discord, Chrome, Notepad++ and a few folders). I have streamed other games to see if this happened to them as well but I never crashed with those. In the past, I streamed this game without issues, but got a new PC recently. So the issue may be with the set up of my new PC, although it is more powerful than the last one.
Hopefully later today I'll get you the file and we can figure this out.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

for me i'd switch off as much as you can and have the bare minimum running and see if it's something else which is conflicting with the game
Cocolito

Post by Cocolito »

Last edited by Cocolito on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

spec wise the pc is more than enough for the game and programs,

you have different sized screens resolutions set, on the dual display, minor and shouldn't cause anything to speak of, so it's down to apps and programs running, as the game hangs, or so says the logs and errors etc, for me it could be a permissions issue, so something to check,

Also besides running the game as admin, you might also have to run Steam client.

How to Run Steam as Administrator:

- Navigate your Steam installation file (By default, it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
- Right-click the Steam executable.
- Follow the above steps to set it to Run as Administrator.
- Restart Steam.

if it's a none steam game, uninstall it, making sure all folders are empty and removed and reinstall, but reinstall as admin, run as admin on the installer and also once installed and updated, run the game as right click run as admin, or alter the shortcut to always run the game as admin and see if that makes it last any longer or stops it from crashing / hanging etc, check firewall and antivirus logs as there time stamped also to check if either of them have stopped or been doing something at the same time, installing and running as admin defaults both to not running tbh in windows 10
Cocolito

Post by Cocolito »

I have uninstalled the game and removed all of the folders. I have the game on GoG, so I use GoG Galaxy to install. I turn off the Galaxy app and then I find the autorun app in the proper folders. I run it as an Admin. The crash still occurs.
Anti Virus logs don't show anything occurring during the crash either
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

as there's no information to go on, i'm sorry to say what ever app or program is conflicting, will stay a mystery then, other than change to a different streaming program, there's not a lot i can do, as the game works fine without, so unless the developers care to comment, which will be hard as without the same software installed, it could be anything tbh i'm sorry to say.

this is how i recommend to use Nvidia software,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4491486

for the least amount of issues with games

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”