terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Air supply bug

Post by terminator »

There is a bug for the calculation of the Air Supply on the AI side (v7.1.6):

AirSupply.jpg
AirSupply.jpg (243.44 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

The number indicated for the calculation of the Air Supply on the AI side is the number of the Human side :!:
Not very practical for scenario creation :(
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Air supply bug

Post by Erik2 »

I can confirm this. Calculation of airfield supply doesn't account for terrain ownership.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Did a quick test, and while I get similar in the editor, it looks fine in the game for me:
air_supply.jpg
air_supply.jpg (348.64 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
(the map has two more AI airfields further north, but it correctly shows the player-owned air supply only).
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bebro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:33 pm Did a quick test, and while I get similar in the editor, it looks fine in the game for me:
(the map has two more AI airfields further north, but it correctly shows the player-owned air supply only).
The problem is not for the player-owned side, the problem is for the AI side. Why the AI side is showing the player-owned side Air supply and not the AI side Air supply ? When I am making a scenario, I do not know if I gave enough Air supply for the AI side.

Another example :

Screenshot 1402.jpg
Screenshot 1402.jpg (115.83 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
We have the impression that the Ai does not have enough Air supply (-2) :!:

Another example :

Screenshot 1403.jpg
Screenshot 1403.jpg (301.51 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

:arrow: The correct Air supply for the AI should be 50-11x3 = +17 :!:

PS: I think it’s just a variable problem, it’s not the right variable that is displayed (?)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Well in the editor we can just take the number of AI planes*3 supply each (unless modded) and compare it to the air supply available to the AI.

The question is, does this issue affect anything in the game. Like, do the AI planes show low supply icons when the player has low supply or is AI air supply completely wrong resulting from this.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bebro wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:41 pm Well in the editor we can just take the number of AI planes*3 supply each (unless modded) and compare it to the air supply available to the AI.

The question is, does this issue affect anything in the game. Like, do the AI planes show low supply icons when the player has low supply or is AI air supply completely wrong resulting from this.
For me it is a graphical problem, it is not the right variable that would be displayed without consequence on the game itself but embarrassing for the scenario creator. Difficult to test :?

Screenshot 1406.jpg
Screenshot 1406.jpg (336.48 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Screenshot 1405.jpg
Screenshot 1405.jpg (583.59 KiB) Viewed 994 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Finally, the only interest I have found in Air supply aircraft and the possibility of deploying or not deploying new aircrafts for the human player :

Screenshot 1407.jpg
Screenshot 1407.jpg (503.33 KiB) Viewed 989 times

I did a test with Air Supply = 0 for each camp, I saw no change other than the impossibility of deploying new planes for the human.
At the end of the day, I have the impression that the Air Supply has no impact on the AI player (spawn plane possible for AI).
:arrow: this explains why it is the value of the human player Air Supply that is always displayed :!:

:arrow: :arrow: Finally, I don’t think it’s a bug but rather a curiosity :?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”