Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.6

Post by Igor1941 »

June 1943 - Right June 1942
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shiroronin »

BLITZKRIEG first scenario 1939 - there is an auxillary unit of German Engineers '40 ?! Why in 1939 ?!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

shiroronin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:33 pm BLITZKRIEG first scenario 1939 - there is an auxillary unit of German Engineers '40 ?! Why in 1939 ?!
And we can only purchase German Engineers '37 !

Screenshot 1349.jpg
Screenshot 1349.jpg (811.14 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

1. German Alphabet ü,ö,ä will still not be accepted !!! Why you do that ? The german market is your biggest sale !
2. Its again not possible to set own campaigns with the editor - the specialization date will not be shown !
3. Medical Jeep is again unusable !!! Please set him to heal without take any resources !
4. Again - No soviet Infantry model typs !
Last edited by AndreyBacerage on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:59 pm And we can only purchase German Engineers '37 !
Yeah, no faction has any '38 infantry-class version, BTW.
It's always '37 -> '39.

AndreyBacerage wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:19 pm 1. German Alphabet ü,ö,ä will still not be accepted !!!
Like where?
I can clearly see the "FallschirmjÄger" unit in the screenshot one post above yours, for example. :roll:
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

Like where?
I can clearly see the "FallschirmjÄger" unit in the screenshot one post above yours, for example.
Yes in the Vanilla version - but if you have a mod text - than no more ä.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:32 pm
Like where?
I can clearly see the "FallschirmjÄger" unit in the screenshot one post above yours, for example.
Yes in the Vanilla version - but if you have a mod text - than no more ä.
You mean in a mod like this? Works for me.

Screenshot 901.jpg
Screenshot 901.jpg (386.49 KiB) Viewed 4061 times

You'll have to be more specific if you think you found a bug. Did you update to v7.1.6? Or maybe you need some German language pack for your Windows version...
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

You'll have to be more specific if you think you found a bug. Did you update to v7.1.6? Or maybe you need some German language pack for your Windows version...
I have the german languages pack ! The problem is - that you show me your english version with ä,ö,ä - but please start it also in a german version.
What is the name of your mod text file and where you copy them ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

:?: In the \language folder.

Screenshot 902.jpg
Screenshot 902.jpg (386.82 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

In the \language folder.
Inside the mod language folder ?
Name is german_mod.txt ?
Oleksandr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Oleksandr »

Is anybody experiencing a graphic bug when there are clearly outlined areas on the screen which have different color temperature - similar to a dirty lens effect? They stay static relative to the screen when moving screen around and do not depend on scenarios. Are easily visible when moving screen around. Borders of some areas shown by arrows/red lines.

https://imgur.com/a/gUheTlz

After switching to 3d tactical map the bug above disappears, however another bug appears - static triangles, as shown:

https://imgur.com/a/Msh2dZM
Igor1941
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Igor1941 »

Order of Battle: Rising Sun 7.1.6
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shiroronin »

Have been playing Burma Road since 7.1.6 patch and:
Grants are definetly overpowered. Honeys will be enough.
Same with Typhoons. As I know Typhoons never fought over Burma, weren't they?
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

shiroronin wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:47 pm Have been playing Burma Road since 7.1.6 patch and:
Grants are definetly overpowered. Honeys will be enough.
Same with Typhoons. As I know Typhoons never fought over Burma, weren't they?
Yes, you're 100 percent right
I plan to correct this (and much more) in my Burma Road Historical Mod
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

shiroronin wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:47 pm [...] overpowered. [...] Same with Typhoons.
Agree. Did this unit come with the Sandstorm/Endsieg DLCs or was it always there in BurmaRoad?
(Just posting it here, though I don't think this is a "real" bug)
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:37 am
shiroronin wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:47 pm [...] overpowered. [...] Same with Typhoons.
Agree. Did this unit come with the Sandstorm/Endsieg DLCs or was it always there in BurmaRoad?
(Just posting it here, though I don't think this is a "real" bug)
The "real" bug is the equipment file of the OoB which is a joke. :x For such a good game it is incredibly bad. Btw., is that the reason for the Gabe-Mod®?

Typhoon was not in the original release of Burma Road.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

CoolDTA wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am The "real" bug is the equipment file of the OoB which is a joke. :x For such a good game it is incredibly bad. Btw., is that the reason for the Gabe-Mod®?

Typhoon was not in the original release of Burma Road.
Okay, thanks for the info.
Yeah, updating the units file with new units unbalances the older DLCs. Even the new "portee" units were too much IMO. I'm paying way more attention to this then before, and I see now how incredibly difficult - or rather: extremely time-consuming - balancing stats becomes with new DLSs, new mechanics and new units. It's easier with the German DLCs as the timeframe gradually increases, but e.g. the Brit units just "appear" somewhere in the middle of the Burma Road campaign.
I've just played "Kawkareik Pass" and the Jap planes lost about half of their HP with every attack of my Typhoons. And those had no commander and no experience (single scen play). And the ground attack stats are the same as the Fairey Battle tact. bombers'!!!

But I may dissappoint you regarding my mod, because it rather adds new (or more) units and fixes real errors (IMO) in the units file. I did not rebalance the game as such - that was NEVER the intention of my mod (but there are others who have done that... :shock:...I hope he's coming back... :cry: ). Yes, I've changed some overpowered arty units and changed some stats, but on the other hand added more features. And although the AI benefits from the changes as well, like arty firing on (transport) ships and the switch options and changed costs, I think the changes will overall benefit the player more. I give the player more choices in my mod, not necessarily making it harder and not more historical. It's mainly meant for casual players, like myself. Sorry. :wink:

But Kondi's working on such mods. One for each DLC sounds like a good plan to me, actually. :D
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:57 am It's mainly meant for casual players, like myself. Sorry. :wink:

But Kondi's working on such mods. One for each DLC sounds like a good plan to me, actually. :D
I'd call myself a casual player, too, rather than an equipment expert. :) But that's why idiotic errors annoy me i.e. being errors even I can easily see. One that you mentioned in another thread is the movement of Bren (Universal Carrier). It is absurd to give it 10 MPs. Since OoB is an evolution of PzC (and that from PG and that from Daisenryaku), I again ask why not take advantage of it instead of using rng for the equipment file. Not to mention for example the StuG clownery or putting Fw 190F/G to fighter class with silly values instead of tac bomber which would be the correct one using the classes the game has.

Notwithstanding, I can play and almost always play with the vanilla versions. If OoB had a powerful artillery unit throwing Mein Kampfs causing good damage to the enemy I would buy it. And the duck. :D Imo the game just deserves a decent equipment file, which then could be developed with new stuff like Gabe-Mod® or up the difficulty like with Kondi's Historical&Demanding Mod.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

@CoolDTA
Originally, I just wanted to change the dates in German GC (battles and units availability), but when I started doing it I came to the conclusion that here we need a separate Mod for each DLC
I started with Sandstorm, then there will be Burma Road next (the developers have made historical seppuku here :twisted: ), so I stopped working on German GC at this moment, but I have a lot of ideas and I will probably make Fw 190 F/G and Me 262 A-2a Sturmvogel as tac bombers and many other changes
I think I was able to rework Sandstorm substantially at this stage, after 2 weeks of work

EDIT. I think I'm one of the better players in OoB, so I test much faster the modified content and it's easier to balance it properly for me :wink:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”