The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: The "Gabe-Mod" (v7.1.5 / beta testing)

Post by terminator »

Hi GabeKnight,

You have done the Italian Semovente M43 da 105/25 AT version :

Screenshot 645.jpg
Screenshot 645.jpg (518.18 KiB) Viewed 3413 times

:arrow: Will you do the same thing with the German captured version of the Semovente M43 da 105/25 (StuG M43 mit 105/25 853 (i)) :?:

CapturedSemovente.JPG
CapturedSemovente.JPG (50.25 KiB) Viewed 3413 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 am :arrow: Will you do the same thing with the German captured version of the Semovente M43 da 105/25 (StuG M43 mit 105/25 853 (i)) :?:
Good idea, Mr. T, completely forgot about that unit. Yeah, sure, I'm gonna do it, and as it's using the same model, I'll basically just have to switch the textures and mod the unit pic a bit.
Done!

Screenshot 885.jpg
Screenshot 885.jpg (718.58 KiB) Viewed 3375 times

I've also fixed/assigned the animations of all the new models and ran final tests on them. Everything's working and looking just fine. :D
All that's left now are some final adjustments, tweaks and stat tests to do, then it's finally ready. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can't wait to begin playing Eriks campaigns with it... :twisted:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

The new units so far:

Overview.jpg
Overview.jpg (932.4 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi GabeKnight,

2 questions :

- Have you read this topic for PanzerCorps : viewtopic.php?f=147&t=90178 ?
I think that it could be a good idea to make a switching model of the Panzer IIIN , an artillery model with short range (=2-3) for artillery support (not sure that it is a good idea for the Panzer IVD in OoB WW2).

- If it is simple to change the Texture, have you think about making more Captured Units by modifying slightly the Texture ? In PanzerCorps there are many captured units that are often bonuses for hidden objectives.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 pm - If it is simple to change the Texture, have you think about making more Captured Units by modifying slightly the Texture ? In PanzerCorps there are many captured units that are often bonuses for hidden objectives.
With the above model it was "easy", because I had the model already exported with the Italians. Different/additional models would have to be rebuild in MAX (like all the others).
Do you have some specific units in mind? But those would have to be useful for the player, as no upgrades would be possible. I really don't need another weak Beutepanzer. And too many choices, with too many basically similar units, are inefficient, too.
terminator wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 pm - Have you read this topic for PanzerCorps : http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=90178 ?
I think that it could be a good idea to make a switching model of the Panzer IIIN , an artillery model with short range (=2-3) for artillery support (not sure that it is a good idea for the Panzer IVD in OoB WW2).
I did the switch modes primarily for models that are (kind of) useless in their current state - in my opinion. Like AA units after there's no more enemy air. Or too weak arty units to purchase them otherwise. And to fill some gaps with infantry and rail units.
For me, the Pz IIIN is a very powerful anti-infantry tank in its current state, and I know I wouldn't ever use the switching ability. Same with the Sturmpanzer/-tiger: never used the arty setting there. Switching a weapon on a powerful direct-fire unit is a waste of 1-2 turns without firing IMO.

Maybe I'll add some units later, but for now, I'm concentrating on stats and traits.
(...and a first "working" version... :wink: )
1jedi
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by 1jedi »

hello the mod can you download?
:D
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Very promising work :D
If I have the use of a new unit for a scenario I’ll let you know :wink:
Are you waiting for the next Official Patch 7.1.5 to release the "Gabe-Mod" v7.1.5 or will the "Gabe-Mod" v7.1.5 be released before the Official Patch 7.1.5 :lol:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi GabeKnight,

I don’t know if you’re interested or if it’s easy to do :?:

Pz III K = the chassis of the Panzer III + the turret of the Panzer IV F2 :idea:

PzIIIK.JPG
PzIIIK.JPG (43.4 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
:arrow: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G107_PzKpfwIII_AusfK

Screenshot 433.png
Screenshot 433.png (154.23 KiB) Viewed 3272 times

A tank with unreliable trait ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:16 am Are you waiting for the next Official Patch 7.1.5 to release the "Gabe-Mod" v7.1.5 or will the "Gabe-Mod" v7.1.5 be released before the Official Patch 7.1.5 :lol:
:lol:
Well, on the one hand I'm actually using the beta units.csv file as template and I guess technically I'm kind of bound by the "non-disclosure agreement", on the other hand... it's really just that one file and shouldn't be a problem.

And on the third hand the patch should be released in a few days anyway and I don't have to bother about that problem. But if on the fourth hand the patch should be delayed for another month again, I'll probably won't care about all that anymore.

(What's up with all those "hands" in the English language? :wink: )
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Holy shit, working on this seems to be a never-ending Sisyphean task... :roll:
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Beware that beta cvs files may change before production and a change may break your mod. For instance if you use a beta unit type in a scenario and that type is later removed.
I had that happen to me and decided to base mods only on official files.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 am Beware that beta cvs files may change before production and a change may break your mod. For instance if you use a beta unit type in a scenario and that type is later removed.
I had that happen to me and decided to base mods only on official files.
True, but the v7.1.4 -> v7.1.6 patch is meant for fixing only. No new content.

Still, you're right, the compatibility has to be checked with every new version... :roll:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Thanks again, Mr. T., great work with the German texture!!!

Most recent unit addition
Most recent unit addition
Screenshot 887.jpg (705.68 KiB) Viewed 3170 times
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

Its possible that you create also soviet Infantry figures ? I hate the Vanilla japanese ones !
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 am Thanks again, Mr. T., great work with the German texture!!!
It’s not complicated for textures at the end of the day. It is just trick. I can do it for other units if needed (I still need the unit mdb file) :idea:
A release date for your Mod ?
While waiting for the release of the next patch, maybe release a "lighter" version of your mod with only the new units ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Almost done. Yeah, yeah, hard to believe, I know :wink:

Getting quite deep into the rabbit hole with stat balance.
All that's left are arty stats vs. naval targets and the stats of my own new units, which I'm doing last.
AndreyBacerage wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:30 am Its possible that you create also soviet Infantry figures ? I hate the Vanilla japanese ones !
You should ask terminator in his thread about this, he's the expert in "reskinning" :wink:
Shouldn't be that big of a problem IMO, as long as you can use some other nation's infantry figures as template.
But I'm definitely not doing it myself. Don't care actually; as I have no idea how they "should" look like anyways. :shock: :oops: :lol:
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

You should ask terminator in his thread about this, he's the expert in "reskinning" :wink:
Shouldn't be that big of a problem IMO, as long as you can use some other nation's infantry figures as template.
But I'm definitely not doing it myself. Don't care actually; as I have no idea how they "should" look like anyways.
So far I can see - we dont have any soviet infantry figures in the game.
Its possible to produce new figures ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:31 am
So far I can see - we dont have any soviet infantry figures in the game.
Its possible to produce new figures ?
I mean, you basically just have to change the colour of the uniforms and some emblems or whatnot - then you've got yourself some Soviets. Or what is it exactly that you want? Some Wodka bottles in their hands? :wink:
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

I mean, you basically just have to change the colour of the uniforms and some emblems or whatnot - then you've got yourself some Soviets. Or what is it exactly that you want? Some Wodka bottles in their hands?
Change the colours - OK - but where are the original textures for all Infantry units - I dont find them ?
But completly new soviet uniforms with helmets, weapons etc arent possible ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 am But completly new soviet uniforms with helmets, weapons etc arent possible ?
Haven't tried it, actually, but I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.
The models just looked too exhaustive as I've opened them. Same with the horses. A lot of work, and I'm not interested. Sorry.

Maybe the Admiral can help. He has done some work with infantry riding bicycles.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”