Matrix thread.

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Matrix thread.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I started a thread on the Matrix Forum in the General Discussion section titled Developer support. I'm hopimg to generate some new interest in this excellent game. I'm writing this so people will know of it in case they want to comment about the game on that thread.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Matrix thread.

Post by zakblood »

thanks
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

thank you stormbringer3. I will keep an eye on that thread.
For everyone HERE is the thread.

If I may ask for a small change - please add to title the name of the game, so readers know what is that thread about. Thank you!
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

As requested, I added the name of the game to the thread title.
NKlein1553
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by NKlein1553 »

I agree. Doesn't seem like sales are doing too well, unfortunately. Maybe I'm wrong about that, though. I'm basing my assumption on the number of recent Steam reviews, which is quite low. It's too bad. This is a really great game and Pavel is an awesome developer. I posted reviews on the 4X Reddit I frequent and more recently the Civ Fanatics Forum here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ ... me.637821/

in the hopes of drawing more attention to the game. I hope it works.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Thank you guys.
Well, sales can always be better:) I think that the problem is visibility - not many people know about the game so every little helps.
Players like you are very important for us and we do appreciate it!
Pavel
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I agree about the visibility, that's why I started the Matrix thread. However, I'm suprised that none of the posters here who like the game have put any comments on the Matrix thread about this game.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

stormbringer3 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07 pm However, I'm suprised that none of the posters here who like the game have put any comments on the Matrix thread about this game.

Patience, Administrative Corporal. Being a Brig. General, I have many important things to take care of. I'll head that way now.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Great post on the Matrix site. Already generated a sale.
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

Usually you will find a link to the forum that has been "selected" to have the main thread. Depending on the game they may choose Matrix or they may choose Slitherene to have the main thread, I believe the explanation was certain types of games are put on the company forum that tends to create/feature that type of game.

I don't like it I feel they are missing an opportunity of marketing or just helping the customers be able to easily stay on the forum they like best. For me I order all my games from the Matrix site and spend most of my forum time on that site as well. I'm sure there are others who do the same for Slitherene site. Whatever site you choose it seems hat you should be able to have a good discussion of the game or learn about the game on the forum. While I visit the Matrix home page very regularly I would suspect that some get all their info from the forums without going to one of the home sites until ready to buy

btw there already was a thread on Matrix but over a little time it goes farther and farther back as people tend to go to Slitherene to discuss the game because that was where more information was available.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I agree with the above post. I buy my games on Matrix and the vast majority of my posts are on that forum.
gchristie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gchristie »

One of the members of the Quarter to Three https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/aggr ... /136751/92 game forum created a thread for the game and that has resulted in several sales. Pavel has joined the discussion and he is a great ambassador for the game.

Cheers.
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
~Anne Frank
Sillyflower
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sillyflower »

I too post a lot on Matrix, partly because my other games are on their forums and partly because I find their forums slightly easier to use (tho' not sure why and it might be historic like I am). I also prefer to buy matrix /slith games from matrix but that means I can't post review on steam
Post: I'm always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box art they will think I'm some kind of neo Nazi
Reply: They already know you are a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello Sillyflower,
every little helps for sure:) Thank you.

Btw. thank you also for summing up those tips for newcomers in the other thread.
Sillyflower

Post by Sillyflower »

Slightly OT but I've just done my 1st ever review on Metacritic. Reviews there tend to be a little more grown up than some of the ones on Steam

Not many others there yet (mine is no.6) but game averages 8.8/10
Post: I'm always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box art they will think I'm some kind of neo Nazi
Reply: They already know you are a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Thank you for the review! Very nice reading:)
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I think the game owners are more than what appears on Steam cause of rogue-like players like me who buy Slitherine games here and remain off the Steam grid. When I buy a game, if it is on Slitherine, I just buy it on this site instead of Steam.
I wish this game could achieve Sid Meier level popularity cause it is a good game and I like the unique graphics.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Thank you GiveWarAchance! And have a nice weekend:)

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”