Order of Battle Linux

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Order of Battle Linux

Post by terminator »

I recently had problems with my hard drive on one of my computers. I wasted two days trying to reinstall windows 7 without success (preinstalled version) :evil:
I changed hard drive and installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) in up to 2 hours (with updates). Works perfectly :D
I can no longer play many games :( but some independent games that I own on GOG.com are compatible Linux :)

Linux.JPG
Linux.JPG (15.69 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Damage that order of battle is not compatible Linux :( , I will have to use another computer :|
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Order of Battle Linux

Post by CoolDTA »

Did you try with Wine? Probably won't help but perhaps could be worth a shot.
kenklay
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kenklay »

CoolDTA wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:43 am Did you try with Wine? Probably won't help but perhaps could be worth a shot.
Oder of battle has a Silver rating with Steam Play Proton. proton uses a custom version of Wine.

But I can not get it to even get to the first screen. Some comments on the Stream Forum do say there is a start problem but a work around using the tab key (if I recall correctly) but I can not even get far enough to try that .

I am running Linux Mint 19.3 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.
tomlowshang
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by tomlowshang »

Order of Battle requires DX11. On Proton, DX11 is translated into Vulkan by default. Check that your graphics card supports Vulkan. If Vulkan is not supported, the following launch option will use Wine's standard OpenGL backend:

Code: Select all

PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command%
The game is playable, but a bit laggy, with the OpenGL backend on my system. Sound glitches are also frequent. However, my hardware is quite old.

My system is Debian unstable, AMD FX8150 CPU, and AMD HD6970 GPU.
Wargaming live streams https://www.twitch.tv/tomlowshang
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

My Brother is into Virtual Machines I think it is called you can have a pc that runs on windows then I think have it boot to Linux or even a bare bones windows install so it minimizes conflicts doing this and figuring it out should take no mare than about 2 weeks of trial and error aggravation but may be worth considering.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”