SSD crash!!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

SSD crash!!

Post by Halvralf »

Hello all and happy New Year!

I am not so happy as the SSD I had Windows and other stuff on decided to die on the first day of the year and I lost ALL savegames, cores etc. How much I love this game doesn't help when I realize I have to restart PK if I want to import a core force to Endsieg. So I call for help from any willing player if they would like to share their core force from PK with me.

I will ofc prevail without one but it would improve my quality of a life abit if I get a core.

Thanks
Halvralf
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: SSD crash!!

Post by kondi754 »

You have here, my fat core from PK :)
Attachments
wehrmacht_coreK754_Kursk.7z
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Is it useful to install Order of Battle on SSD ? Maybe only the savegames were on the SSD ?
I had a problem a few days ago with my HDD but I was able to recover my data.
I don’t know much about SSD but if you can’t recover anything in case of a crash it’s not practical. Every time I’ve had trouble with my HDDs I’ve always been able to recover the data.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Halvralf wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am So I call for help from any willing player if they would like to share their core force from PK with me.
There you go.
terminator wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:52 pm I don’t know much about SSD but if you can’t recover anything in case of a crash it’s not practical. Every time I’ve had trouble with my HDDs I’ve always been able to recover the data.
That's actually a very good point. One more reason for routine backups; cloud storage and such.

But the speed of the SSD's just too good to go back to "regular" disk drives IMO. 8)
Attachments
Cores.rar
(12.52 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

Thanks a lot Kondi and Gabe more than I asked for.
About OoB on SSD, I use Steam and I normally have windows on a SSD and games storage etc on a old hdd . Unfortunately MyGames folder is created on same drive as Windows as default and that's why I lost everything.
But by doing mistakes you learn how to improve :-)

Thanks alot again, let's play!!!
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
JArnett
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JArnett »

SSD files are easy to recover.
GerrandoT

Post by GerrandoT »

I used to use the sd to play games. I had a weak computer, and when I would go into games, my drive was 100% loaded. I bought a used SD and used it for almost 2 years. Now I use a raid system for work. It was quite handy because it was very productive to work with many hard drives at once. But recently, I accidentally spilled coffee on the raid. I thought I lost access to the files forever, but these guys, removed, helped me recover the data.
Last edited by zakblood on Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: killed live links

Return to “Order of Battle Series”