locking up computer

Tech Support
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

locking up computer

Post by airbornemongo101 »

As the topic says...Gladius is locking up my computer

The lock ups happen at different times, sometimes even at startup, but every single game I've played has locked up my pc

I've tried turning everything off, but still have the lock ups...here are the files as well as a save game

And yes...I reverified the files on steam...the game reverifies some 3.9kb file every time

Shame too..I was really looking forward to playing this
Attachments
SinglePlayer.zip
(1005.76 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
msinfo.zip
(92.43 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
DxDiag.zip
(14.45 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: locking up computer

Post by zakblood »

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32658MB RAM
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Display Memory: 19303 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2974 MB
Shared Memory: 16329 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell U2412M(Digital)
Monitor Model: DELL U2412M
Monitor Id: DELA07A
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Date/Size: 12/10/2018

Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Date and Size: 8/27/2014 out of date and maybe not windows 10 full compatible (will check)

update mice and keyboard to latest

Code: Select all

https://en.roccat.org/Support
Event Name: AppHangB1

P1: Gladius.exe
&
P1: BattleTech.exe

normally means permissions, so as it's a steam game, run steam as admin, and also the game

a cleaner boot also helps, with less pre loaded junk normally stops conflicts from happening,...
3.jpg
3.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
Also besides running the game as admin, you might also have to run Steam client.

How to Run Steam as Administrator:

- Navigate your Steam installation file (By default, it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
- Right-click the Steam executable.
- Follow the above steps to set it to Run as Administrator.
- Restart Steam.
these are my help tips for windows 10

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024

and also a guide if your using Nvidia as hardware

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4491486
airbornemongo101

Thanks a billion Zak

Will get working in these asap
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no problem, hope it all helps and your back playing asap
airbornemongo101

I figured a give you an update .I had off today so I experimented (I felt I owed you some testing and an update after for your excellent response time and help)

Well it's gotten better,

I updated my Rocatt stuff and have Steam and the game running as admin (seems redundant having the game also running as admin after testing..but I'm leaving well enough alone). Running just the game as admin did nothing..it still locked up randomly

The game "hangs up" now..kinda seems like a lock up,but I hit the windows button and the game "comes out of it" in a while (sometimes minutes, sometimes seconds). When this occurs (when the game responds again) I immediately delete the autosaves, save the game and exit to desktop. Then restart the game .There is no rhyme nor reason to these "hang ups", but the game does run well until that happens

I'm assuming (I know it's THE bad 7 letter word, but..) that there is a driver conflict somewhere or a pretty significant memory leak, but at least the game is playable now.

Thanks again Zak , for the help, and I hope that the devs figure out why these things are happening and someday are able to address the problems

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

Well Gee the hits keep coming

I'm done with this abomination...I can understand bugs and so forth...but really???
Attachments
Gladius.zip
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Gladius.error.zip
(14.84 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

a bug is something that happens to everyone, and once replicated can be fixed,

a software or hardware conflicts is something else, and a whole lot harder to do i'm sorry to say, as it seems something on your end doesn't like the game code, hopefully once the developers are back, they can read the error messages and say which part, but to fix it, may not be so easy, if the error is on your end only
airbornemongo101

I was able to play a 1vs1 on a small map and completed it , anything larger and the game acts goofy

So I don't think it's on my end and other people are having problems, they may be only a handful, but there are others

I experienced the same problem when Distant Worlds came out (on another high end system ...a quad 4 hyper thread XPS),after many years and many patches the game runs flawlessly now.

I don't care about random lock ups and crashes and so forth once in awhile, but this is the only game other than the before mentioned that I've ever had these many problems, to say it's annoying is an understatement, and no I"m not going to trash the game or the devs and yes I will still be buying the DLC

I just want them to fix the issues...this game has so much going for it

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

I don't know if this is appropriate or normal, however I would like to say it

Whatever the devs did in the 1.2.0 patch was awesome, my game is now running flawlessly, so…

I wanted to say thank you

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”