FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Juansana
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Post by Juansana »

My opinion is pretty clear.
1st Spanish campaign with import of the nuclear army after Blitzkrieg
2nd Soviet campaign from 1939 (Poland and Finland) to Stalingrad, then from Kharkov to the end of 1945

What I don't understand is what do you mean by US/ENG land campaign? Africa and then to the mainland via Sicily to Italy and southern France? This is what I would suggest
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

All the best happened in Normandy but you plan a landing in the south of France, boredom...
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Juansana wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:22 pm My opinion is pretty clear.
1st Spanish campaign with import of the nuclear army after Blitzkrieg
2nd Soviet campaign from 1939 (Poland and Finland) to Stalingrad, then from Kharkov to the end of 1945

What I don't understand is what do you mean by US/ENG land campaign? Africa and then to the mainland via Sicily to Italy and southern France? This is what I would suggest
I mean English and Us forces...
cutydt02

Post by cutydt02 »

I expect the soviet campaign:
-part 1: before the storm. Training camp at spanish civil war, then crush japanese at khalkhyn gol, attack poland from behind. Of course winter war is the last
-part2: for motherland 1941-1943. Till battle of stalingrad
-part3: liberation. End at battle of berlin or manchurion
The small country in ww2 suit for custom campaign.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

cutydt02 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 am I expect the soviet campaign:
-part 1: before the storm. Training camp at spanish civil war, then crush japanese at khalkhyn gol, attack poland from behind. Of course winter war is the last
I agree with you!!! I like this !!!
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

calmhatchery wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:52 am
I agree with you!!! I like this !!!
I like too, very nice. I hope will be that!
Narwhal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Narwhal »

"The small countries in WW2 suit for custom campaign" => This is like, totally your opinion.

The reason I bought OOB in the first place were the Japanese (China / Pacific), Burmese and Finnish campaigns. I then and only then played the others, except as I stated the German Part II and now Part III which I won't play. I am currently playing the last campaign I plan to play : Afrika Corps, and I will stop there).

I would not buy Yet Another soviet campaign, and I am unlikely to buy more US campaigns (which is covered twice in Panzer Corps : Allied Corps and US Corps) though I could be tempted. I would totally buy an Italian, Spanish and/or English Aeronavalecampaigns. I would buy French, Polish, Hungarian, or Rumanian campaigns, or Yugoslavian resistance, or extension on other time periods (Korea ! VietNam ! Russian Civil War !)
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

+1on that.
ayeh Russian Civil War... problem is that - and with all Russia related stuff - we don't have enough and credible sources. Even with WW2 the western historians rely on "red starred" sources without questioning.

I'm all in a Hungarian campaign - I planned that - but I'm zero in scenario editing. I can "oversee" such a project however, design a campaign tree and provide full range of units (as 3A progresses).
canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by canuck97 »

I'd love to see a British/Canadian campaign from DDay over Netherlands to the Rhine.
Kaal979
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kaal979 »

Mapping support with advanced skirmish functions?
elconfederado
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by elconfederado »

In no particular order:
1) Italy on the Eastern Front 1941-1943
2) Italian/British naval and air combat in the Mediterranean
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I've got no clue about history, so I did not want to barge in here, but some official campaign utilizing all available assets to the game again - meaning: land, air AND naval in grander schemes - would be more than appreciated.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

A British Eurupean/Mediterranean campaign (or two) would include land/air/naval components.
Norway: land/air/naval
France: Land/air
Mediterranean: convoys and battles against the Italian navy.
North Africa: Land/air and seaborne invasions (Torch and Husky)
and more...
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

We need really long interconncted campaigns like PCs GCs - maybe add campaigns that add more scenarios to the starting Japanses campaign - including more of the Island invasions, Burma, India, Australia and US and of course more epic sea battles...;-D - I love long interconncetd camapigns...
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

steelwarrior wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:48 pm We need really long interconncted campaigns like PCs GCs - maybe add campaigns that add more scenarios to the starting Japanses campaign - including more of the Island invasions, Burma, India, Australia and US and of course more epic sea battles...;-D - I love long interconncetd camapigns...
I hope that devs will make this. By the way Im reading "THE STORM OVER THE PACIFIC" amazing book, there is so many naval battles..The devs could add also this too...
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

I would like to see post-WWII

Korean War
Vietnam War
Cold War (non-historical)
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

I would like to see an ahistorical Italian campaign which would follow alternative timeline where the Italian army was good in WW2.

The campaign would start with the Balkan campaign, but would also feature North Africa and eastern front. The most important thing would be combined arms campaign where land, naval and air units are part of the core forces.

I played every DLC and some of them multiple times and noticed that the scenario/campaign design is changing.

Good:

- more diverse bonus objectives and rewards
- use of captured equipment
- more ahistorical scenarios and equipment
- more balanced unit compositions (mostly auxiliary units)
- the ability to make a choice at the start of the scenario (for example transfer funds to allied faction, or decision related to aux units)

Bad:

- we used to get separate RP pools for auxiliary units (they were part of separate faction, but we could still directly command them) which was great because it was much easier to balance scenarios, this is mostly because your core RP pool would not matter so bad players would have guaranteed RP pools for the aux faction
- combined arms campaigns (land, air, and naval units in the core) seems to be very rare these days
- fewer bonus objectives that make use of campaign variables (i.e. have an impact on future scenarios)
- if we get such bonus objectives we rarely get a mission popup in the later scenario explaining what the effect actually is
- campaign map doesn't have occupied territory markers (the map is just plain map of countries)
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

We really need flashed out Japan vs. Allies and Allies vs. Japan as Germany vs. Allies is well covered in PC and will be in PC2. Maybe alos WW1?
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:29 am some official campaign utilizing all available assets to the game again - meaning: land, air AND naval in grander schemes - would be more than appreciated.
+1

And if there were carriers involved, I'd be very happy. :mrgreen:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

An Italian campaign could include Mediterranean naval battles with the carrier Aquila...

Return to “Order of Battle Series”