"Wobbly" Missile Trails?

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
CaptainSpire
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

"Wobbly" Missile Trails?

Post by CaptainSpire »

I came back to the game after the Anabasis update, and was surprised to see that some of the Cylons are now firing "wobbly" missiles, instead of the neat straight lines that we have come to accept. Was there ever reasoning behind this? Is it just a artistic choice? If so I am a little disappointed.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: "Wobbly" Missile Trails?

Post by zakblood »

Code: Select all

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/why-dont-flies-fly-in-a-straight-line/
maybe this will help, as it stays true for missiles as well, quote
To escape from predators, flies have evolved a highly aerobatic flying style. Instead of turning by flapping harder with one wing than the other, they roll their body to one side and pull up, like a fighter pilot in a high-G turn. Random zig-zags like this make it much harder for birds to get a ‘missile lock’ on them.
so dumb missiles fly in straight lines, heat seeking or radar guided don't and to most laser guided also don't, and wire guided can be steered so also are known to be following a wobbly path
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by GHawkins »

To add to zakblood;

The change to the missiles was requested by a variety of people, myself included. In the show, the Cylon missiles never fly in a straight line at their target, always wobbling along the way.

You can see in this video that the Cylon missiles coming from the basestars go all over the place.

It was kind of iconic for the Cylons throughout the show and thankfully, Black Labs has included it now in the game.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
CaptainSpire

Post by CaptainSpire »

fair point. Maybe I just never noticed it before
Rebel Yell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rebel Yell »

You didn't miss it, they weren't that way until the latest updates.

Nice effect in my opinion.
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

The wobble could be a bit smaller and less frequent but I do prefer somewhat wobbly missiles to the old ones. Would be nice if the torpedoes had a small spread as well.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”