Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg has been announced!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg has been announced!

Post by AlbertoC »

The final chapter of the "krieg" trilogy is here: after four years of campaigning the battle-tested Wehrmacht will have to face its hardest challenges in Order of Battle: Endsieg.

The Endsieg campaign, the biggest and longest yet, includes 16 unique scenarios. The story begins right after the Battle of Kursk, where the game provides the option to import a core force from either the Panzerkrieg or Sandstorm campaign.

The first five scenarios are based on the historical 1st Soviet offensive in the Donbass in summer 1943, up to the Leningrad–Novgorod strategic offensive in early 1944. A decisive defeat of the Red Army will eventually allow total victory over the Soviet Union, while failure to do so will turn the campaign away from the Eastern Front and into the Battle of Anzio in Italy.

In the second part of the campaign the player's forces are transferred to the west, where the Allied invasion of Normandy has opened a new front. Initially you'll be forced on the defensive, and you'll be tasked to extract other German forces from the Falaise trap, defeat Allied airborne units in Market-Garden, and defend the city of Aachen and the Huertgenwald against heavy attacks. By reaching a decisive victory in the German Ardennes Offensive in December 1944 the tide of the war can finally be turned again, leading to a set of ultimate battles to destroy the Allied armies once and for all.

Covering the final years of the war, Endsieg offers powerful weapons such as Tiger II heavy tanks, Jagdpanther tank destroyers and Me-262 jetfighters as well as several new specializations. But beware, the enemy has brought many deadly new weapons of their own!

Are you ready to change history?

Endsieg is due to release in November. We will announce the release date later on, and show you more about the campaign as we draw closer to release.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg has been announced!

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Yeeeeeees!!! Thanks for announcement... please give us full list of scenarios and new units!
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Fantastic - loving the many what if battles that will ensue. Great ending of the trillogy but hopefully not for OOB?
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

Excellent news, this one has the potential to be the best DLC of all!
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
fuzzayd
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fuzzayd »

I am so excited for this one!
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

Some additional info:
Over 60 unit types reinforce the ground and air forces of Germany, Great Britain and the Soviet Union. Players now have access to late war equipment such as the Tiger II heavy tank, the Sturmtiger with its bunker-busting 380mm rocket launcher, Me 262 jet fighters and the heaviest tank ever built: the PzKw VIII Maus.

• 6 specializations for Germany, including the Panzerlehr - providing an elite Panzer unit, the Entwicklung Series for production of the E-100 super heavy tank, Vampir Nachtjeager for increased tank combat efficiency and the Uranproject: Germany's endeavour to create the atomic bomb.
Absolutely love the addition of Tiger II, Sturmtiger, Me 262 and PzKw VIII Maus. I'm so amazed that they even added E-100 super heavy tank which I suggested to add a while ago. Nice job :D !
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Mojko wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 pm Excellent news, this one has the potential to be the best DLC of all!
From my playtesting experience, I can concur. 8)
uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by uncajerf »

Cool announcement!

And BTW, it's "repel", not "repeal".

Just ask, and I'll proof it all for you! :wink:
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Grammar n*zis aren't allowed here! only regular ones...
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I hope Russian infantry get a specific 3d model as other country... I hate generic infantry 3D model for an important player as soviets
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

Mojko wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:05 am Some additional info:
Over 60 unit types reinforce the ground and air forces of Germany, Great Britain and the Soviet Union. Players now have access to late war equipment such as the Tiger II heavy tank, the Sturmtiger with its bunker-busting 380mm rocket launcher, Me 262 jet fighters and the heaviest tank ever built: the PzKw VIII Maus.

• 6 specializations for Germany, including the Panzerlehr - providing an elite Panzer unit, the Entwicklung Series for production of the E-100 super heavy tank, Vampir Nachtjeager for increased tank combat efficiency and the Uranproject: Germany's endeavour to create the atomic bomb.
Absolutely love the addition of Tiger II, Sturmtiger, Me 262 and PzKw VIII Maus. I'm so amazed that they even added E-100 super heavy tank which I suggested to add a while ago. Nice job :D !
Love those late war heavies, Tiger II check, Sturmtiger check, and the jets of course, check! Maus? Well ok there were two prototypes. What would the unit size be then? A 2, 5 , not a 10 surely. Don't forget a rule that the Maus cannot across any bridges because it was too heavy.

E-100? Well a good idea as we now see with the Armata series, but only one prototype which was never finished and development stopped in 1944. These vehicles really hardly made it off the drawing board. What is this World of Tanks!?! :lol:

IMO they should stick to vehicles that saw combat, you know ones in the historical "Order of Battle".
Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Edgewalker »

13obo wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm Grammar n*zis aren't allowed here! only regular ones...
+1 for that comment ^^

How about ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

Hmm awaiting patiently )))

Btw what that barge is doing in the frozen river? :mrgreen:

I see some stuff I am happy with... Flakpanzer series... Puma armored car.. Jagdpanther 8) I anticipated them, and I see them good :D But still many stuff remains I can make myself and that's equally good!

Thanks guys! See ya in November :)
TDefender
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by TDefender »

bjarmson

Post by bjarmson »

Oh great, another Deutschland über alles hypothetical, fantasy scenario. This follows along the lines of the idiotic Kriegsmarine scenario, where the German Navy, which wasn't even a threat to the GB Navy, let alone one joined by US naval forces, prevails. Are you people Nazis? You do realize that the USA, USSR, and GB won the war, and that after 1943 it was essentially a foregone conclusion, though still a bloody two year struggle. Where are the scenarios regarding Allied victory? Are you no longer making actual WWII scenarios?
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

bjarmson wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 pm Oh great, another Deutschland über alles hypothetical, fantasy scenario. This follows along the lines of the idiotic Kriegsmarine scenario, where the German Navy, which wasn't even a threat to the GB Navy, let alone one joined by US naval forces, prevails. Are you people Nazis? You do realize that the USA, USSR, and GB won the war, and that after 1943 it was essentially a foregone conclusion, though still a bloody two year struggle. Where are the scenarios regarding Allied victory? Are you no longer making actual WWII scenarios?
Personally I don't mind hypothetical scenarios, I find them refreshing. I've already played the East Front and Normandy in countless other games -- I'm all for mixing things up a bit. This will make the scenarios even more impredictable and surprising.

I just don't like the branching (victory over the Soviet Union = ???, defeat against the Soviet Union = Italy). I would like to not have to lose on purpose to experience the Italian scenarios...
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bjarmson wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 pm Oh great, another Deutschland über alles hypothetical, fantasy scenario. This follows along the lines of the idiotic Kriegsmarine scenario, where the German Navy, which wasn't even a threat to the GB Navy, let alone one joined by US naval forces, prevails. [snipped] You do realize that the USA, USSR, and GB won the war, and that after 1943 it was essentially a foregone conclusion, though still a bloody two year struggle. Where are the scenarios regarding Allied victory? Are you no longer making actual WWII scenarios?
By my count, Endsieg will be the 11th DLC released for OOB (not counting Boot Camp). The breakdown is as follows:

Play as Allies: 3 (U.S. Pacific, U.S. Marines, Burma Road)
Play as Axis: 7 (Rising Sun, Morning Sun, Blitzkrieg, Kriegsmarine, Panzerkrieg, Sandstorm, Endsieg)
Play as Other: 1 (Winter War)

So I share your sentiment about the preponderance of playing as the Axis, so far. I am looking forward to more playing as the Allies in future DLC.

That said, I don't agree with your sentiment about having outcomes strictly adhere to history; some variety is welcome - don't forget that the U.S. invaded Tokyo in 1946 at the end of U.S. Pacific and that is one of my all-time favorites. So is Pearl Harbor in U.S. Pacific; how realistic was it to drive a jeep around the island to wake up AA guns and P40's? Yet it was a ton of fun.

Strictly rehashing history would be boring. Historical simulation game designers need to work in some challenge and excitement without going too far down the road of fantasy. I don't think OOB has strayed too far yet. We'll see about Endsieg.

By the way, be careful of being offensive with your epithets. I snipped something out of your post which, in these times especially if not always, does not belong in this community forum. Unfortunately, I don't have the forum moderation capability of snipping it from your original post or where it was quoted.
- Bru
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

There's a similar sounding thread in the steam forums, something about "DLC that isn't Nazi"... neverending and talking round in circles... :lol:

I don't know what the fuss is all about. Personally I'm not looking forward to playing with the relatively weak US / Soviet units in particular, winning by numerical superiority only. I'm curious how that's gonna be balanced.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Ok, call next dlc “Nazi” is stupid, but I look forward when I can play Allied in west and Soviets against hated nazis...
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

I'm also waiting for the Liberation DLC (western Allies campaign), I can't wait to finally play the US Army, but I think that creating the last part of German GC is logical ...
We have to stay for a few months and then the best parts of the game will come.
I also don't like ahistorical campaigns, I'm inclined towards the simulation of World War II, I like to see if I would be as good as Patton, Montgomery or Manstein in a similar operational situation.
That's why I'm looking for my ideal game all the time, I highly appreciate Erik's work, who tries to create much more real campaigns, I'm very grateful to him for that ...
My attitude to different parts of OoB is illustrated by the following statement, how many times I played in each of the parts (I don't count the period of Beta tests):
Pacific - 8
Rising Sun - 1
Morning Sun - 3
US Marines - 7
Winter War - 6
Blitzkrieg - 12
Kriegsmarine - 1
Burma - 3
Panzerkrieg - 4
Sandstorm - 0

I accept a campaign where there is a maximum of 1-2 fictional battles, but not when half of the game is some nonsense.
I have great regret for developers for the African campaign - the main complaint is lack of consistency, but also because subsequent battles are getting boring (there are too many units on both sides :wink:I would change other things too...)
As for Endsieg, I have very mixed feelings (I think this part is outstanding, but most of the scenarios are fictional so I'm torn ...), but I can't say anything more because I promised not to reveal the details of the work

Return to “News & Announcements”