Game keeps crashing

Tech Support
Untoten
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game keeps crashing

Post by Untoten »

I can´t continue the game at round 257 because everytime i finish my round and the KI starts shooting the game crashes.

I tried veryfinig the gamedata trough Steam but the game keeps crashing.

Crashlog, DxDiag and the Savegame should be in the attachment.
Attachments
Logs.rar
(566.41 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game keeps crashing

Post by zakblood »

try and update the drivers for your motherboard

Code: Select all

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H87-G43#down-driver&Win7%2064
as atm there are no sound drivers loaded
Untoten

Post by Untoten »

Funny, because the Sound is working fine and is giving me the first sign that the game crashed....

Tried it with new drivers installed and it keeps crashing. Sound is still running but the game is frozen.

New DxDiag and a screenshot of one of the error messages are in the attachments. There is also a second, longer error i sometimes get but i forgot to take a screenshot.
Attachments
error1.jpg
error1.jpg (18.1 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
DxDiag.rar
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the problem with crashes, it never or hardly ever says what is or was running in the background, as a clean startup with nothing running means it has nothing to conflict with, but a low end system with too many background apps and programs running can mean more crashes with other apps and programs being the cause
ccleaner.jpg
ccleaner.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
as always less is always better, so a clean profile and a fresh attempt is always advised and then see what happens etc
Untoten

Post by Untoten »

And not to forget their complete randomness. Without doing anything after my last post i was able to get past round 257 of the KI only to get the same problem in round 258. -.-"

After that i removed some stuff from the startup, cleaned the registry and checked with Spybot if there is anything troublsome on my computer. Game still crashes in round 258 now. :/
And with a 7,7 from the inbuild Microsoft hardware check i hope my system doesnt count as low end system. :D

Is there a way to check your RAM for problems? That was my first thought when the game crashed the first time after playing for 4,5 hours.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the problem with memory leaks is, continued long play can be a strain on any system, reducing the amount of overheads on a system should be fine enough on most systems, but like everything, memory management tends to be better in the later versions of windows tbh, while windows 7 was never bad, windows 8 and windows 10 are better.

if it's an out of memory issue, you'd get a different message, so i'm hopping one of the developers jumps on this one and reads your logs, as i've only glanced at the system one and made notes from there, as i don't know the game as well as they do, so the other logs may point to something else they may be able to point out or give tips on
Untoten

Post by Untoten »

Well according to what i found with Google SIGABRT means that there was a problem with memory allocation. I just tried a smaller game and everything was alright. So at least it´s not a general problem but only one with big games (15 KI, and i think 10 where out of the game when the crashing started). I think i´m gonna try starting slowly increasing the number of KI players and see what happens.

But thanks for your help anyway.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

With 1.02.06 patch, often the game crashes after long session at the end of the game, when I quit it. So it's not so disturbing as I save the game before quitting. Maybe the game here crashes half the time.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”