Unit issues 6.1.8

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Unit issues 6.1.8

Post by Horst »

T-800: looks good. The flashes cover the barrels better on your version.
I personally favor shorter firing sequences when I have to watch the AI turns and cut the AA autocannons down from 2.6 to 1.8. I also removed the many smoke effects of the 37mm.
I've also reduced the bombing duration, especially from strategic bombers by removing two bomb drops. Try it out, maybe you like to further speed up AI turns too.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm PS : The difference is not aslo obvious during the game because it is very fast :|
Well, you can adjust it: the leading numbers are the "timer" of the sequence.

So a change to

0.0 MG_Flash 0
0.1 MG_Flash 1
0.2 MG_Flash 2
0.3 MG_Flash 3

could do the trick.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm I've also reduced the bombing duration, especially from strategic bombers by removing two bomb drops. Try it out, maybe you like to further speed up AI turns too.
Good idea.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:23 pm
terminator wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm PS : The difference is not aslo obvious during the game because it is very fast :|
Well, you can adjust it: the leading numbers are the "timer" of the sequence.

So a change to

0.0 MG_Flash 0
0.1 MG_Flash 1
0.2 MG_Flash 2
0.3 MG_Flash 3

could do the trick.
Another problem is that the effect sequences must be synchronized with the sound.
The sound for the Flakvierling is a little shorter than the effect sequences. If you extend the duration of the effect sequences, you should also extend the duration of the sound :?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm The sound for the Flakvierling is a little shorter than the effect sequences. If you extend the duration of the effect sequences, you should also extend the duration of the sound :?
Sorry terminator, I really don't want to get deeper into it right now, but yes, sure, the "effects.txt" and "effectSequences.txt" files are interconnected.
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

It needs to be corrected in the model. I mean in the stock one. I did that for 3A.

Expect release this weekend... Really sorry guys but my job kills me. Work shouldn't been invented...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Finnish Infantry '42,'43,'44 & '45 :arrow: No Panzerfaust in the small picture :

Screenshot 710.png
Screenshot 710.png (840.97 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

When landed on carrier ships, the German planes (recon and bombers) don't have the same "mini-icon" as Japanese or US aircraft.

(The mechanic works with Japanese/US planes landed on the German carriers, so it has to be linked to the German planes specifically)

Screenshot 726.jpg
Screenshot 726.jpg (686.52 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Admiral_Horthy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 pm It needs to be corrected in the model. I mean in the stock one. I did that for 3A.
And it looks good. Nice idea using AA tracers.
Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

There are only few types of mini planes: zero, a4N, E13a, seafire, kingfisher, wildcat. The "miniature" entry contains these IF miniature is used. All IJN planes use Zero, all US use wildcat. Except the seaplane recon. British fighters use Seafire, bombers use none. Italian and the rest use none.

EDIT, tried to import a mini plane but does not work...
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Admiral_Horthy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 pm There are only few types of mini planes: zero, a4N, E13a, seafire, kingfisher, wildcat. The "miniature" entry contains these IF miniature is used. All IJN planes use Zero, all US use wildcat. Except the seaplane recon. British fighters use Seafire, bombers use none. Italian and the rest use none.

EDIT, tried to import a mini plane but does not work...
Cool, thanks for the info. The secret of one more column of the units.csv revealed :D
Okay, I see, so one could use the "seafire" plane as placeholder for the Germans until this is fixed. But nothing for the poor Italians again... :P

And now I know what the "cX" points in the models files are good for. Good thing I used it within my Ise model nonetheless, without even knowing what it did before. :lol:
(Interestingly the CV Graf Zeppelin has three of those although a cargo hold of just two)
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Minor nations transport

Post by Erik2 »

I wish there was a generic truck similar to horse transport.

There are several minor nations missing a infantry transport.
This is especially important for nations with heavy infantry.
trucks.jpg
trucks.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Minor nations transport

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 am I wish there was a generic truck similar to horse transport.
There are several minor nations missing a infantry transport.
This is especially important for nations with heavy infantry.
The horse was the means of transportation the most used during the World War II. The horse should be a means of transportation for all the units of all the nations.
Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

They will get their trucks, mainly those which had motorized/fast units. (Yugo, Rom, etc)

Heavy inf also gets horse wagon (WIP) for one more hex to move for a non motorized alternative for dire situations and scarcely motorized nations.

WIP pack horse for mountain guns - mainly for external looks, basically a cart with mountain movement.

I'm thinking of bicycles (no movement anim tho). But they will only work on roads and with limits on dry plains. That means a new chassis type of course. Under testing.

3A V0.6 will be focusing more on functionality and white spots in equipment (like Japanese Daihatsu) to provide the necessary parts for colorful scenario building.

Last edited by Admiral_Horthy on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

GabeKnight wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 pm
And now I know what the "cX" points in the models files are good for. Good thing I used it within my Ise model nonetheless, without even knowing what it did before. :lol:
(Interestingly the CV Graf Zeppelin has three of those although a cargo hold of just two)
Actually Kohyoteki and Kaiten also have minis, but they are crazy. Sometimes they show up, sometimes not. In some combination it is possible. I will show on a scrshot, but they are conflicting with my submarine_carrier class.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

So many US commanders without any statistics :cry:

Screenshot 770.jpg
Screenshot 770.jpg (311.22 KiB) Viewed 2860 times

For other nations :cry:

Screenshot 785.jpg
Screenshot 785.jpg (221.4 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

In addition, these are just fictional characters.
For example: above the picture with the image of Lt.Col. Francis Gabreski is the signature "Jospeh Dorris" :twisted: :?
Last edited by kondi754 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:06 am In addition, these are just fictional characters.
For example: above the picture with the image of Lt.Col. Francis Gabreski is the signature "Jospeh Dorris" :twisted: :?
Jospeh or Joseph :?:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Should be "Joseph " I suppose

It seems to me that Pacific, Morning Sun and Marines campaigns require the names of fictitious commanders to be changed to their real names (if possible), but I think it will involve at least a partial exchange of images...
We'll see there eventually appears Richard Bong, Thomas McGuire or David McCampbell (although I think one of the US Pacific air commanders resembles Richard Bong :twisted: ) and Japanese air commanders like Katsumi Anma, Kiyoto Koga, Minoru Genda (Morning Sun) or Saburo Sakai, Mitsuo Fuchida (Raising Sun)
With naval commanders, I suggest Marc Mitscher or William Halsey, as the most famous commanders of large combat groups of aircraft carriers
I feel a lot of discomfort and I see a lack of consistency in the game if in Europe and in Burma we have only real commanders but in the Pacific all the commanders are fabricated.

PS. if the devs don't have time for it, then I can prepare it myself - dossiers, photos and the entire change plan (who will change who)
maybe one of our modders would be interested in creating such Mod for the game? (Unfortunately this part is rather above my skills :( )
Horst

Post by Horst »

It seems that they tried to avoid any representation known persons in the original game with rather anonymous commander pictures (except Admiral Karel Doorman) until this was changed with following DLCs. We should also know by now that too many commanders easily ruin the balance.

Kondi, if you recognize any of the US and JP commanders with stats then I’m definitely interested. I’ve already modified the known guys as close as possible to their rank and accomplishments, while the anonymous resemble the deed of their secondary objective. The commanders without stats are rather uninteresting as no vanilla scenario designer would ever use them.
Karel Doorman

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”