New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by Paul59 »

The TT mod has now been updated to cover the "Legions Triumphant" and "Age of Belisarius" DLCs.

In addition to the new armies and units for the new periods, the original TT Mod armies and units have had many improvements, additions and corrections. I have attempted to keep track of all the changes, and you can find a full list within the mod folder, it is far too long to print here!

Due to all the changes, this new version of the mod will probably be incompatible with any TT Mod campaigns that you are currently playing, so please finish them before installing this version of the Mod. Similarly, please finish any current MP games you may be playing before deleting the old version of the TT Mod.

Even though the full list of features is too long to reproduce here, the "headlines" are these:

Nearly all stock armies in Field of Glory II have been reworked with new units and textures.

Many generic units have been retextured to give army specific versions. New units to receive this treatment include Imitation Legionaries and Elephants.

Many new army lists have been created, and existing generic army lists split into several new ones.

New African armies for the Blemmye, Nobatae, Axumite, and Meroe.

The Sassanid armies now feature Clibanarii horse archers on half armoured horses. These do not evade. This is in response to the comments of some players who were unhappy with the vanilla evading heavy horse archer units.

An alternative Alexandrian Macedonian army list has been included with the Hypaspists classed as Superior Medium Foot Offensive Spearmen. This is for those players who disagree with their vanilla classification as Pikemen.

Much more visual variety has been given to the warband armies, with distinctive models and textures for Gaesatae, Early and Late Germanic warbands, Visigoths, and Franks. The vanilla warband textures remain for the Gauls, but have been retextured to remove the helmets.

The full list of all the new armies added (in addition to all the stock armies that come with the official DLCs):

"Roman 24 BC - 99 AD",
"Roman (Otho) 69 AD - 69 AD",
"Roman (Vitellius) 69 AD - 69 AD",
"Roman 100 AD - 196 AD",
"Jewish Revolt 66-67 AD",
"Jewish Revolt 68-135 AD",
"Beja 250 AD - 849 AD",
"Blemmye 298 AD - 499 AD",
"Blemmye 500 AD - 550 AD",
"Nobatae 298 AD - 499 AD",
"Nobatae 500 AD - 550 AD",
"Axumite 100 AD - 970 AD",
"Meroitic 280 BC - 400 AD",
"Carpi 107 AD - 361 AD",
"Moorish Uprising 533-548 AD",
"Rajput 450-599 AD",
"Northern Indian 450-599 AD",
"Southern Indian 450-599 AD",
"Indian 320-449 AD",
"Central Asian City States 500-599 AD",
"Thracian 700 BC - 351 BC",
"Thracian 350 BC - 300 BC",
"Thracian 299 BC - 251 BC",
"Thracian 250 BC - 25 BC",
"Mountain Tribes 480 BC - 145 BC",
"Ligurian 480 BC - 145 BC",
"Roman (Maxentius) 306 AD - 312 AD",
"Thracian (Roman Client) 25 BC - 46 AD",
"Macedonian (Alternate Hypaspists) 355-329 BC",
"Paionian 350 BC - 25 AD",
"Kyrenean Greek 321-276 BC",
"Kyrenean Greek 275-74 BC",
"Libyan 550-221 BC",
"Roman (Liberators) 42 BC - 42 BC",
"Illyrian (Bardyllis in Epiros) 385 BC - 385 BC",
"Germanic Foot Tribes 105 BC - 24 AD",
"Germanic Foot Tribes 25 AD - 259 AD",
"Civilis Revolt Germanic 69 AD - 69 AD",

The mod is now too large to download through the game, so I have Mediafire links and installation instructions below. The original version of the mod will still be available to download through the game, please don't get the two confused! The new version has a different named folder, so it is possible to have both versions of the mod installed if you wish, but I would recommend deleting the old TT Mod folder, once you have finished all outstanding games, it will save a lot of disk space!

TT Mod Campaigns

Here is the link to the TT Mod Campaigns:

Link Deleted as this version of the mod is incompatible with the latest version of FOG2

To install:

1) Click on the link and download.

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.139.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.139.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.139 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.139 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

TT Mod Custom Battles

Here is the link to the TT Mod Custom Battles Module:

Link Deleted as this version of the mod is incompatible with the latest version of FOG2

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_Custom_BattlesV1.139.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_Custom_BattlesV1.139.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_Custom_BattlesV1.139 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_Custom_BattlesV1.139 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

TT Mod Multiplayer

Here is the link to the TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles Module:

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_MP_Custom_BattlesV1.139.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_MP_Custom_BattlesV1.139.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_MP_Custom_BattlesV1.139 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_MP_Custom_BattlesV1.139 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER.

A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for most of the new shield designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way.
Last edited by Paul59 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by matlegob »

Excellent work!!! Thank you Paul
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

matlegob wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:02 pm Excellent work!!! Thank you Paul
Thank you matlegob, for all your help.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Thanks very much for the effort put into this. I really appreciate it.

I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of the instructions as this version of Windows (10) doesn't have a My Documents folder but worked it out in the end with the help of Google.

I presume if all is well I can manually delete the other TT folders in

C:\Users\[abbreviatedusername]\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS and C:\Users\[abbreviatedusername]\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\MULTIPLAYER
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

julianbarker wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 pm Thanks very much for the effort put into this. I really appreciate it.

I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of the instructions as this version of Windows (10) doesn't have a My Documents folder but worked it out in the end with the help of Google.

C:\Users\[abbreviatedusername]\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\CAMPAIGNS and C:\Users\[abbreviatedusername]\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\MULTIPLAYER
Yes, you can delete the old TT Mod folders if you have no outstanding games that you want to finish.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

paul71stpvi
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by paul71stpvi »

Whoops, Paul it looks like the Dropbox link has already hit its max downloads for the day! Can't wait to try this out, the TT mod makes FOG2 practically a new game! I've been a fan of your stuff back to the NYW and GNW scenarios for P&S.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

paul71stpvi wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 pm Whoops, Paul it looks like the Dropbox link has already hit its max downloads for the day! Can't wait to try this out, the TT mod makes FOG2 practically a new game! I've been a fan of your stuff back to the NYW and GNW scenarios for P&S.
Maximum Downloads for the day? I did not know about that, have you any idea how many that is?

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

There may be a problem with using Dropbox. I have just received an email from them saying that my public links have been suspended due to excessive traffic!

Luckily, I have just remembered that I have an old Mediafire account, I've not used it for nearly two years! I will try to move the files over to Mediafire and post the new links tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by markwatson360 »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 pm
julianbarker wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 pm Thanks very much for the effort put into this. I really appreciate it.

Yes, you can delete the old TT Mod folders if you have no outstanding games that you want to finish.
I spent quite a while trying to get this working last night, what I ended up doing was. 1, download the new files and put them on my desktop. 2, open the files and copying the contents into the original tt mod files located in the MULTIPLAYER and CAMPAIGNS folders respectively. First time I tried, I deleted the original files and replaced them with the new ones and it didn't work at all, so I think you still need the original files.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

markwatson360 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 am

I spent quite a while trying to get this working last night, what I ended up doing was. 1, download the new files and put them on my desktop. 2, open the files and copying the contents into the original tt mod files located in the MULTIPLAYER and CAMPAIGNS folders respectively. First time I tried, I deleted the original files and replaced them with the new ones and it didn't work at all, so I think you still need the original files.
Not sure what went wrong when you tried it, but you don't need any of the original files.
Richard Bodley Scott

markwatson360

Post by markwatson360 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 am
markwatson360 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 am

Not sure what went wrong when you tried it, but you don't need any of the original files.
Please ignore my last post, it's rubbish. I've now got it working. I used a different zip extractor program. And it seems originally it was creating a folder within another folder and it was that which caused the confusion on my part. Now i've deleted the original tt mod files and replaced them with the new ones and it's working perfectly. Sorry for spreading mis-information.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:20 pm There may be a problem with using Dropbox. I have just received an email from them saying that my public links have been suspended due to excessive traffic!

Luckily, I have just remembered that I have an old Mediafire account, I've not used it for nearly two years! I will try to move the files over to Mediafire and post the new links tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.
Just a quick post to let you know what is going on with the links.

I have been suspended from Dropbox for excessive traffic, so the Dropbox links above are probably not working at the moment.

I am trying to put together Mediafire links to replace these. Last night I managed to upload TT Mod Campaigns to Mediafire. I then tried to upload TT Mod Custom battles, but it seemed to get stuck on the last stage, and after a couple of hours I had to give up and go to bed!

I am currently uploading Custom battles again, and it is going much faster this time. Once that is done I will try to upload TT Mod MP Custom Battles.

When all three are up, I will post the links in the first post and remove the Dropbox links.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

All three Mediafire links are now available in the first post!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

bodkin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bodkin »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:32 am All three Mediafire links are now available in the first post!
Thank you very much!
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

Great job mate, well done
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

If I try to make a custom battle with Mountain Indians an error occurs:

Empty string trying to find string value: ALLIES1 in .../ARMYLIST.TXT (0)

Anyone else getting this?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

pinwolf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm If I try to make a custom battle with Mountain Indians an error occurs:

Thanks for identifying this, it is a bug, I will fix it for the next update.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 pm
pinwolf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm If I try to make a custom battle with Mountain Indians an error occurs:

Thanks for identifying this, it is a bug, I will fix it for the next update.
Until I issue the next version of the mod, and correct this little problem I would advise all players to avoid battles or campaigns involving the Mountain Indians and the Saka. The Saka have the Mountain Indians as allies, so a campaign may crash if the game calls on the Mountain Indians for a stage of the campaign.

Edit: I have just checked the original version of the TT Mod, and the error was in that as well. It's a wonder no one has mentioned it till now!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

Ah, the Mountain Indians. Somehow I have neglected them :wink:

Thank you for the great mod. What base army list would you say has seen the most modification? I keep switching back and forth to compare.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Rosseau wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 pm Ah, the Mountain Indians. Somehow I have neglected them :wink:

Thank you for the great mod. What base army list would you say has seen the most modification? I keep switching back and forth to compare.
Probably the Jewish Revolt and Late Roman armies have the most differences from the stock versions.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”