Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: 2018 Tournament

Post by Pixel »

Accepted your challenge Dilly.

Also issued challenges for:

3a for LFDLM (German Catholic 1618 v. German Protestant 1618-1631)

3b for Dilly (Imperial 1619-1632 v. Swedish 1630-1632)

I think I setup everything correctly.

pw for both of these is 2018tournament

Anyways good luck to all.
Image Image
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

If you are still recruiting then feel free to add me to the list.

Cheers,

Steve
Aryaman
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Aryaman »

Hi
I see everybody understood Imperialist (Lutzen) as Imperial 1619-1632. IMO the Imperial army at Lutzen would be better represented by the Catholic 1632-1638, just a minor question since we all are playing mirror games.
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Section 6 will be;

A Ahuyton,
B Pantherboy
C Waterhead1985

Good luck gentlemen
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Challenges up for Ahuyton and Waterhead1985.

Password: pantherboy
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

Aryaman wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm Hi
I see everybody understood Imperialist (Lutzen) as Imperial 1619-1632. IMO the Imperial army at Lutzen would be better represented by the Catholic 1632-1638, just a minor question since we all are playing mirror games.
Yeah. I'm curious to see if any of us manage to win with the 1619-1632 Imperial list against the Swedes since we seem to have picked that list as the one to go for. I can't say I've had tremendous luck as the Imperialist side versus the AI with this specific match up. The Swedish horse tends to be more numerous and while the Imperial Kurassiers are very good they tend to get whittled down and flanked by the Swedes once they go off in pursuit of broken enemies. The Salvo Foot are also really nasty bruisers in the impact phase and the Swedes have a good mix of other units to blunt the Imperial foot at range as well (musketeers w/ LG etc.) or at least to damage them enough that the Swedish cavalry in numbers can turn around and pummel them.

I think given even force points and especially if the terrain on the randomly generated agricultural map tends towards flat open plains the Swedes are a bit favored against the 1619 Imperial list.

That said good luck everyone. The coming battles should be fun.
Image Image
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

As predicted, 1632 Imperialist's were soundly beaten by 1632 Swedes 15/46. Waterhead1985 15% vs GDod 46%. This equates, if I have calculated correctly, to 6 [win] + 3 [each 10% more] = 9 points to Waterhead's 1pt [loss] + 1 [each 10% inflicted] = 2. A massive difference!
Admittedly, the feint to the right and then double-backing was a superbly executed piece of genius [as I'm sure Waterhead would agree]

However, against the consistent genius of snugglebunnies, my thoughts turn to how to minimize losses without surrendering. I have no problem with the Swedish dominance of the field but the only addition I would recommend is a very harsh penalty for considering cowardice if the face of the enemy [by surrendering a game]. Even though my knees tremble at the thought of facing not only Swedish, but Snuggles and Steve!

Gavin
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin,

did you lose the 46% and Waterhead the 15%?

The winners calculation is correct. The loser doesn't get 1% for losing, he gets 1 for every 10% he inflicts, so the final score will be 9 to 1, for a very decisive victory.

The armies aren't neccessarily picked to give exactly even battles, but as you fight each battle from both sides its more a matter of how well you do using the two armies.

I am fighting using Imperialists against Swedes in a friendly battle and am winning fairly decisively....my cuirassiers absorbed the initial charges from the Swedish cavalry and have now broken most of them, my tercios are beating the more numerous Swedish foot in hand to hand combat as my larger units can take a lot more casualties.....it can be done.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

did you lose the 46% and Waterhead the 15%?
Other way around Andre sorry put inflicted rather than suffered [Waterhead 46% losses GDod 15% losses] :oops:
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

It can be done with terrain. GDod may well repel my Swedish assault uphill and across a river, over broken ground and patches of trees, especially as I stupidly bought far too much cavalry.

Unfortunately for me, my battle with waterhead is on a largely flat plain. Thanks to my imperialist cavalry I'm inflicting losses, but the infantry is truly hopeless, outnumbered in the shooting phase and collapsing on impact.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

Challenges posted for:

awesum4 Imperialists v Swedes

w_michael Catholics v Protestants

psw for both = thirty
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

I was hoping to attach a table showing the results so far. But unfortunately I can't up load it as I am a cheapskate who only uses Open Office and it keeps saying I have an invalid file extension.

Anyway so far Gavin (GDod) is way out in the lead with Waterhead1985 coming second. But that will change as more results come in.

Cheers,

Andre
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Here's an on-line document [or image] converter Andre. Very straightforward to use and you can convert your document to a number of formats, which should then make it OK to attach.
https://document.online-convert.com/

Another result just to hand Andre...another win for GDod vs Waterhead1985 in a very tight game that I did not deserve to win.

Waterhead1985's protestants have been brought back to the true faith by GDod's Righteous Catholic's who inflicted 62% losses on the Protestant heretics, whilst 41% casualties have been suffered by the Catholic army who now count among their number a fair portion of martyrs. An aggressive protestant advance caused consternation and panic among the Catholic army from the very beginning. Without the massed guns and the stubbornness of the early Tercio's, the Pope would have been lamenting the loss of many more men. As it is, the Catholic cause will be sadly lacking the presence of many a devout follower.

GDod .............. 6pts+2pts (62-41) = 8 points
Waterhead1985.........4pts (41/10) = 4 points
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gavin continues to streak away into the distance with waterhead chasing him, while the rest of us languish in the doldrums..
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

2018 tournament'.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
I'm hoping this has worked....
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Sorry, andre ....alas and alac, cannot download and open. You can't attach a document, so if you don't want to put a link to your drive try putting it in-line as an image. You can do this by simply copying and pasting it from your document into paint, and post it in-line as an image. [you may need to reduce the file size using the image converter if necessary]
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I guess I was being overly pessimistic about Imperialist chances vs the Swedes.

SnuggleBunnies (Imperialist) inflicted 56% casualties on the enemy
Waterhead (Swedes) influcted 29% casualties on the enemy

So... correct me if I'm wrong:

SnuggleBunnies: 8pts
Waterhead: 2pts

However, I don't think I was totally unjustified in my cynicism about my chances earlier. My central infantry was crushed and fled the field on impact with the salvo foot... but my cavalry won the day, especially on my right flank, and that proved decisive.

Waterhead: Good game, I really did think you had me there.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Protestant) inflicted 62% casualties on the enemy
Waterhead (Catholic) inflicted 37% casualties on the enemy

Once again, assuming I got this right:

SnuggleBunnies: 8pts
Waterhead: 3pts

GG. The Early Tercios were terrifying, especially as Waterhead screened them very effectively. However, my longer line enabled me to concentrate firepower on the edges, and, combined with a largely successful cavalry action, this brought a (bloody, hard fought) victory.

pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Pantherboy (Swedes) 11% (9 points) defeated waterhead1985 (Imperialist) 43% (1 point)

Pantherboy (Catholic) 67% (5 points) lost to waterhead1985 (Protestant) 50% (7 points)
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

I won't try to get clever with the results table. I will just keep a record of the scores and as each section finishes post the scores and the totals, and therefore who goes on to the next round.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”