The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: The "Gabe-Mod" ;) and units.csv fixes (v5.2.9)

Post by GabeKnight »

"SdKfz 7/2" AT version:

Screenshot 660.jpg
Screenshot 660.jpg (405 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
Attachments
SdKfz 7-2 AT.rar
(361.5 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

That concludes today's update.
As always testing and feedback is appreciated. :)

Screenshot 661.jpg
Screenshot 661.jpg (708.85 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

GabeKnight wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:11 pm That concludes today's update.
As always testing and feedback is appreciated. :)

Screenshot 661.jpg
Hello. Where and how have I to install these German units ? In a mod or in a game ? Do I have to modify the file units ?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:51 pm Hello. Where and how have I to install these German units ? In a mod or in a game ? Do I have to modify the file units ?
In my opinion, the best way is to use a mod if you want to start changing anything in OoB. That way you'll still have an untouched and clean version of the game to fall back to.

I'm sorry, but I won't give a tutorial how to add units into the game now. You can search the forum and do it yourself (e.g. use the Italian Units Test Mod as template) or wait until someone incorporates the units into their mod or I'll finish mine.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi @GabeKnight,

Is it possible to do this unit by changing the weapon of the SdKfz 7/2 ?

sdkfz-7-1--tamiya.jpg
sdkfz-7-1--tamiya.jpg (25.67 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 am Is it possible to do this unit by changing the weapon of the SdKfz 7/2 ?
Actually I'm not sure what you mean:

1) If you mean the trailer, then no, I'd have to model that from scratch and I don't know how. Maybe the Admiral can help?
2) And if you just mean to switch the one-barrel gun with the four-barrel gun, then I also don't understand why, as there's the 7/1 model already. Why two of them?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:05 am In PanzerCorps, the KV-2 was a switchable unit :
As a special treat and thanks to Mr. terminator, the KV-2 Artillery version, as requested :wink:

Screenshot 669.jpg
Screenshot 669.jpg (383.41 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

And same goes for the other models: please feel free to use them inside your mods (and scenarios, of course).
Attachments
KV-2 ART.rar
(266.15 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 am
terminator wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 am Is it possible to do this unit by changing the weapon of the SdKfz 7/2 ?
Actually I'm not sure what you mean:

1) If you mean the trailer, then no, I'd have to model that from scratch and I don't know how. Maybe the Admiral can help?
2) And if you just mean to switch the one-barrel gun with the four-barrel gun, then I also don't understand why, as there's the 7/1 model already. Why two of them?
The armoured cabin from the SdKfz 7/2 with the 2cm Flakvierling 38 from the SdKfz 7/1 :

SdKfz-7_1.PNG
SdKfz-7_1.PNG (418.93 KiB) Viewed 3737 times

In Panzercorps, the SdKfz 7/1 has an armoured cabin :

SdKfz_7-1.png
SdKfz_7-1.png (35.11 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm The armoured cabin from the SdKfz 7/2 with the 2cm Flakvierling 38 from the SdKfz 7/1 :
Okay, understood. Shouldn't be too hard, just switching the turret part of the model.

But ... and I don't mean it in any disrespectful or condescending way ... why? Like.... really why? I don't get it. Why a duplicate of the same unit with the same stats and only a slight unnoticable variation of the model? Was it some iconic unit or something? :?:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm The armoured cabin from the SdKfz 7/2 with the 2cm Flakvierling 38 from the SdKfz 7/1 :
Okay, understood. Shouldn't be too hard, just switching the turret part of the model.
It doesn't matter if it is too difficult, I thought that it would be easier to invert weapons.
GabeKnight wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm But ... and I don't mean it in any disrespectful or condescending way ... why? Like.... really why? I don't get it. Why a duplicate of the same unit with the same stats and only a slight unnoticable variation of the model? Was it some iconic unit or something? :?:
If you compare the Defense against [Land] Infantry and Defense against [Naval] between the SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2, you can see that there is a difference :

- SdKfz 7/1-> Defense against [Land] Infantry = 7 and Defense against [Naval] = 14 :

SdKfz7-1.png
SdKfz7-1.png (200.23 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

- SdKfz 7/2 -> Defense against [Land] Infantry = 10 and Defense against [Naval] = 16 :

SdKfz7-2.png
SdKfz7-2.png (193.98 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

:arrow: Maybe it is the armoured cabin that makes the difference :?:

PS : Good job for the KV-2 switchable :!:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Okay, why not:

The ""SdKfz 7/1 mod" AA version:

Screenshot 670.jpg
Screenshot 670.jpg (494.39 KiB) Viewed 3649 times

Surprisingly super easy after I've got the other two models scaled right. Hadn't noticed it before, but the SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2 model are using exactly the same texture. That way no complications after switching the guns. It took about 15 minutes from opening Max to the screenshot above. Sometimes things DO tend to work out as intended... :D

What's the name of this one supposed to be anyway?
Attachments
SdKfz 7-1 mod AA.rar
(360.15 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
GabeKnight

The Armoured Train Project (TATP)

Post by GabeKnight »

But I still can't get my modified "Armoured Train" model to work properly. One of the turrets works okay, the other one won't face the enemy and the firing animations are on the wrong position, firing way out of the hexes' boundaries. Damn...as always, some things work, some don't... :roll:
Attachments
Armoured_Train_MK2_ART.rar
(8.41 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: The "Gabe-Mod" ;) (v6.1.9)

Post by terminator »

Another suggestion for a switching unit :

M4A3(105).png
M4A3(105).png (32.6 KiB) Viewed 3595 times

M4A3(105)_ATY.png
M4A3(105)_ATY.png (33.29 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi @GabeKnight,

You managed to make most of the Italian switchables units but there is an unit which could be very useful:

Breda 20mm AA :

Italian_Breda_20mm_AA.png
Italian_Breda_20mm_AA.png (49.46 KiB) Viewed 3566 times

"Designed as a dual purpose weapon for use against both aircraft and ground targets, it was effective against light tanks, with the armour-piercing round being able to penetrate 30 millimeters of armour at a range of 500 meters."(Wikipedia)
Last edited by terminator on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

Here!

With new effect, recoil, shells ejection - and data. Unit pic is due and need to add some B/C to the skin to match color
breda.jpg
breda.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The Breda 20mm AA was used by many countries and in many wars :

Breda.JPG
Breda.JPG (23.15 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

About the names of the SdKfz 7/1 & 7/2 with the Armored Cabin :

SdKfz_7-2(1).jpg
SdKfz_7-2(1).jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
Short version :

SdKfz_7-2(2).jpg
SdKfz_7-2(2).jpg (17.68 KiB) Viewed 3427 times

A possibility is to make switching units with or without Armored Cabin as for the Sherman tanks :

Increase armor.jpg
Increase armor.jpg (65.22 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
In this case, the movement should be reduced : 8 -> 6 (Armored).
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Sorry all, but my PC was on the fritz for the last week or so. :arrow: Bad sectors on my HDD (took me some time to realize that). Windows was still running, though, but to reduce further damage to my data, I kind of only did some "skeleton" work up until now. Today, finally, a backup program managed to flawlessly copy my windows installation to a brand new SSD. Thank god I had NOT to reinstall Windows and all the progs and options and favourites and everything else.
terminator wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:22 am About the names of the SdKfz 7/1 & 7/2 with the Armored Cabin :
[...]
A possibility is to make switching units with or without Armored Cabin as for the Sherman tanks :
Nice. Thanks. I like the idea with the switch. This has to be tested, but this solution would rather fit with me than a whole new unit.
Admiral_Horthy

Re: The Armoured Train Project (TATP)

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:37 pm But I still can't get my modified "Armoured Train" model to work properly. One of the turrets works okay, the other one won't face the enemy and the firing animations are on the wrong position, firing way out of the hexes' boundaries. Damn...as always, some things work, some don't... :roll:
Now I have a working switchable Armoured Train... With three working turrets, one firing MG fire. I can tell what was wrong, but way too many stuff to care with*. I've been s*cked with it for two days. Quicker if I give it you with the others. Thankfully the devs also though about making it (or it's not complete yet) so it has separate effect done.

*Problems are present with the exporter script. In certain cases exporting from MAX modifies the model and the pivot points making the model useless. One rule above all others.. SAVE FREQUENTLY. And keep many saves!!!

Now I am thinking how to make a FlaK train... or at least have it the Anti air trait from ships
GabeKnight

Re: The Armoured Train Project (TATP)

Post by GabeKnight »

Admiral_Horthy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:07 pm Now I have a working switchable Armoured Train... With three working turrets, one firing MG fire. I can tell what was wrong, but way too many stuff to care with*. I've been s*cked with it for two days. Quicker if I give it you with the others. Thankfully the devs also though about making it (or it's not complete yet) so it has separate effect done.
You're my hero. :)

Initially, I thought about adding the Armoured Train as a model just to be able to modify the textures to have separate trains for each of the main factions. And then... I've also noticed that there's an Armoured Train "AT-version" icon already included, so that was the next logical step. But I never got that far. I got frustrated and had to cool down first, before another try. :oops: :lol:

Now I'm not sure if I should rework my mod now or wait a bit, with the v7 update coming soon...
Admiral_Horthy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:07 pm Now I am thinking how to make a FlaK train... or at least have it the Anti air trait from ships
Very cool idea. I'm just worried that with the relative short range of the AA (usually 2-hex) and the limited amount of railway tracks in most of the scens, it could prove useless because of poor maneuverability. Anyways, with the lack of railway units, every new addition is very welcome.

Do you by any chance plan to add a railway gun in the future? ( :mrgreen: ) The one from the BoB-mod is very poorly done, IMO. I have some high- and low-poly models (free models, with source) of the "Leopold" K5, but they're not UV-mapped yet. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that right.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”