Italian Wars Campaign Gameplay

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Italian Wars Campaign Gameplay

Post by w_michael »

I'm processing the orders that I've received, since we have been waiting a week now.

Summer 1501 Expense Orders
Venice
M borrow 12 ducats from moneylenders (Summer 1503)
H Milan Army1 Milan

Summer 1501 Military Orders
Venice
A1 A Parma
A2 A Milan
A3 H Ferrara
A4 A Cremona
A5 B Trent
Fleet1 S Fleet2 in Upper Adriatic
Fleet2 S Fleet1 in Dalmatia
Milan
Milan Army Moves into Cremona
Milan garrison Converts
Turks
Fleet 1 supports Naples army 3 in Bologna
Fleet 2 Transports Naples army 2 to Avignon'
Fleet 3 Coverts to an Army
Fleet 4 Transports Naples army 4 to Modena
Fleet 5 Transports Naples army 2 to Avignon
Fleet 6 Transports Naples army 4 to Modena
Fleet 7 converts to an Army
Naples
Army 2 advance to Avignon, carried by Turkish fleet 5 in the Western Med and Turkish fleet 2 in Western Gulf of Lyon
Army 3 besiege Bologna
Army 4 advances to Modena, carried by Turkish fleet 4 in Lower Adriatic, Turkish fleet 6 in Ionian Sea, Fleet 1 in Gulf of Naples, Fleet 5 in Eastern Tyrrhenian, Fleet 3 in Western Tyrrhenian, and Genoa fleet 1 in Eastern Gulf of Lyon.
Army 5 advance to Rome
Fleet 1 Transport army 4 to Modena
Fleet 2 advance to Naples
Fleet 3 Transport army 4 to Modena
Fleet 5 Transport army 4 to Modena
Papacy
I am down to the one army in Gena, and it will stay there with Hold orders.

Note: The multi-national transport of Naples Army 4 from Aquillia to Modena failed due to missing orders for Genoa Fleet 1.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I've tried to attach the campaign map as I usually do, but the forum will not take it as it has always done in the past.

Summer 1501 Battles
6th Battle of Milan
Milan sets up an Open Battle or a Defend Battle. Venice has 1,200 FP and Milan has 1,200 FP. Retreat paths: Venice to Bergamo, Milan to garrison Milan.

Note: I am not going to set a time limit, since that hasn't worked out for the last two turns. Please play promptly and post the results here.
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Will,

It appears Venice has borrowed 12D to pay to disband the Milanese army 1. Milan has not counterbribed. How come there is a battle for Milan? It should be the same as Cremona with the Venicians advancing in and then besieging the garrison next turn
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

awesum4 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:22 pm Will,

It appears Venice has borrowed 12D to pay to disband the Milanese army 1. Milan has not counterbribed. How come there is a battle for Milan? It should be the same as Cremona with the Venicians advancing in and then besieging the garrison next turn
HAHA, where would I have gotten 15 ducats to counter? Suspecting treachery as the final blow as the venetians lack marital spirit, we pre-emptively launched our escape steam rocket ( courtesy our good friend Michelangelo) If there is a battle in Cremona, I doubt our troops will fight too hard... We leave you to your new master, The Doge.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

But the money phase (where armies are bribed) happens before the movement phase, so I believe the Milanese army doesn't exist to move to Cremona.

Therefore at the end of the summer move the Papacy ceases to exist as it no longer owns any of its home cities, and Milan survives as a single garrison which must fall in the Spring of 1502, unless it convinces Austria (whch cannot borrow money) to bribe the Venetian besiegers army to disband. That would be a decleration of war on Venice which is stronger and wealthier than Austria.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

awesum4 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:22 pm Will,

Army 1 in Milan was disbanded. Then, Garrison 1 in the city of Milan converted to an army.

I still can't upload a map, even one of my previous maps. I've reported the problem to Slitherine. If necessary I will use my Google Drive to provide a link for the next turn.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Will,

Up till now it has taken a full turn for a garrison to convert to an army. Therefore an army moving into a province traps the garrison before it is completely converted.

Sorry but I think the Milanese garrison is trapped. But if you TGM and Lascar are happy for there to be a battle that is fine with me as long as it will be played that way every time.

Andre
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Is the problem with the map caused by the army being transported through multiple seas by fleets of a different nation? Up till now advancing forces just have a little arrow going into the next province. I was wondering how you were going to display it on the map.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Will and TGM,

My apologies, my comments on the garrison being trapped are wrong. The same situation occurred in the summer of 1500 also in Milan. The garrison is already an army by the time the invader arrives. But the battle must be an open battle.

Carry on Gentlemen, enjoy the glory and the fear of battle,

Andre
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

awesum4 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm Is the problem with the map caused by the army being transported through multiple seas by fleets of a different nation? Up till now advancing forces just have a little arrow going into the next province. I was wondering how you were going to display it on the map.
The map problem is not related to the contents of the map. I can point to the map on my drive and enter an annotation, but it does not upload. I tried an older map an that didn't work either.
lascar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lascar »

w_michael wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 pm
awesum4 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm Is the problem with the map caused by the army being transported through multiple seas by fleets of a different nation? Up till now advancing forces just have a little arrow going into the next province. I was wondering how you were going to display it on the map.
The map problem is not related to the contents of the map. I can point to the map on my drive and enter an annotation, but it does not upload. I tried an older map an that didn't work either.
The forum software has been updated since the last time a map was uploaded. It seems the upload problem may be related to that.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

I'm processing the orders that I've received, since we have been waiting a week now.
Sorry Will

My PM is stilling still in outbox! Time to clear the log.... My glorious armies continue to rest from too much grilled chicken.

G. aka Max :Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Austrian Legions, loyal servant to the true Turkish pope, Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this campaign or the next! [all true, except the bits between Pope and wife!]
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Milan kindly told me that he is unable to play the Battle of Milan in a timely basis because of vacation, and has offered to let someone else play his battle as his proxy? Would anyone like to do that? Otherwise, I will resolve the battle by die roll.
lascar

Post by lascar »

w_michael wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:22 pm Milan kindly told me that he is unable to play the Battle of Milan in a timely basis because of vacation, and has offered to let someone else play his battle as his proxy? Would anyone like to do that? Otherwise, I will resolve the battle by die roll.
I have asked Alan Huyton if he would be interested in playing Milan. He should let you know soon if he does.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

Hi, yes I can do it but we need to finish in the next 9 days as then I go away for a few weeks. But that should be possible, even with our time difference we can manage 2 or 3 turns a day. One option would be to find a convenient time and just play through a few turns quickly.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I'll leave it to you guys to resolve. If you don't finish before your vacation let me know and I'll roll some dice.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

With apologies to Lascar for messing up his campaign, but the Milanese managed a win, no doubt aided by Papal military advisors chastened from their many defeats againt the Turko-Napolitan axis.

Will, I think that Awesum4 mentioned that the Papacy will be eliminated now. If so, thanks for running an excellent campaign. I enjoyed it, despite the Papal decline and the irony that the finest hour came as a Milanese proxy. If not, then we will soldier on from Genoa but I will be away now till mid August with presumably hold orders in force.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Yes, the Papacy will be eliminated at the end of this turn. I hope that everyone is having a good time.
I'll process the end of turn over the weekend.
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I'm still unable to upload files to this topic. Perhaps I have exceeded an upload limit, but I can't find any documentation that, so I will use links from now on.

Summer 1501
- Sieges have been resolved and changes in province ownership noted
- Papacy has been eliminated from the campaign as they do not control a city in the starting territory. Provinces they controlled become neutral, with fortified cities receiving garrisons.
- Cities have been counted and the Summer 1501 Record Sheet updated.

Updated Record Sheet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1zUYd ... sp=sharing
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

Fall 1501
Campaign Map
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RVT6Ah ... sp=sharing

Record Sheet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11cT0Ef ... sp=sharing

Negotiations and Order Writing Phase
Since some players are on vacation, I will not set a deadline. We will proceed when all orders have been received.

Received: Naples, Turks.

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”