Downloading Scenarios

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Leonidas048
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Downloading Scenarios

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello ive just bought this game i see theres scenarios that arent on the community forum to download. How does one actually download and install the scenarios? When i download them theres just an empty box with the name of the scenario with something called LST ? It would be a good idea for us who arent computer savvy to put up a simple explanation how to install scenarios each time a game is designed i guess thats too simple to ask. Thanks for any help.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Downloading Scenarios

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The simplest way is to download from the main list of scenarios in the user content list. Links to .LST files should be pasted into the user download dialog and then hit OK. This downloads the list and adds one or more new scenarios to the download list where you can just click and download as per the official campaigns. Generally these are mods where are either work in progress or the user has not given permission to host them officially.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Thanks for replying its only because some players put up challengers of scenarios that arent on the main download list. Sorry if i sound dumb but where is the user download dialog ?
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello sorry but i need someone to explain it stage by stage im not all that computer literate how to download these LST files from the dropboxes thank you
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It is a rather strange process, but I will try to explain:

:arrow: Search through the Scenario Forum to find campaigns or scenarios that you want.
:arrow: Look for the LST link
:arrow: copy the link, by right clicking then selecting "Copy Shortcut".
:arrow: Start Battle Academy 2
:arrow: choose Campaigns
:arrow: choose Download Community Scenarios (at the top)
:arrow: choose Download a Campaign Package from the Internet (top right)
:arrow: click on the + button and it will automatically paste the LST link into the 'Enter List File URL" text box.
:arrow: click on the tick button.
:arrow: the link should then download, and you will see it listed in the list of campaigns available for download
:arrow: Highlight the campaign in the list and click the "Download selected Campaign" button, at the bottom of the screen in the middle.

The campaign/scenario should now be downloaded and be available to play from your campaign list.

Unfortunately though, a lot of the LST links do not work anymore.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The LST system was implemented to allow our iPad players to download campaigns (as they can't just drop in a zip). I appreciate it is a little convoluted! Obviously adding campaigns to the official list is the best solution for the general playerbase.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello thank you for all your help but im still having problems finding the LST links. I understand the last part but not the beginning to do with the LST link i cant find it. When i see a file i want to download like the Alsace or Barbarossa scenarios recently done i see a drop box address when i click on it it downloads a file like Alsace.LST or Barbarossa.LST when i click on it nothing happens or if i copy it transfer to the download dialog on BA 2 nothing happens. Clearly im not doing something right? Ive never seen LST files before is there something i need to change them or not? Hope to hear from someone soon i will get there in the end be a good help with other scenarios. By the way im using a desktop computer.
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Or maybe like you said they arent working anymore so i guess i wont be able to challenge some scenarios put up for challenge.
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello ive finally worked it out you mention click on copy shortcut but on my wins 10 it says click on copy link then i did the rest like you told me i finally manage to download the scenarios all i need to do is find scenarios to play against other challengers thanks for all your help anyway.

P.S Are there other scenarios anywhere else for both Academy games can you download scenarios to either Academy games or only for the particular one hope to hear from you thanks.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

The scenarios are specific to the game they were made for, either Battle Academy or Battle Academy 2. You can't put a Battle Academy scenario in BA2, or vice versa.

Most of the scenario links are on these forums, although you might find some scenario designers have their own websites, so you might find something there.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello thanks for getting back and clarifying on those points about both games. Someone has put up a challenge a scenario called Borisov 44 but i cant seem to find it anywhere does anyone know about it? So i can download it for the challenge.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

After a quick search of the forum, the only Borisov scenario I can find is "Breakout from Borisov", it is already in the Download Community Scenarios section of the game menu. So no need for an .LST link.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello i downloaded that Breakout from Borisov but the scenario thats been put on the multiplayer forum is called Borisov B4 by someone which i cant find thanks.
enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by enric »

Leonidas048 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am Hello i downloaded that Breakout from Borisov but the scenario thats been put on the multiplayer forum is called Borisov B4 by someone which i cant find thanks.
Borisov B4 is a beta version of the current Borisov scenario.
Anyone with the beta 4 version should delete this scenario and download the current version from the "Download Community Scenarios section".
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello thanks so whoever put up that one is a old version then right?
enric

Post by enric »

Leonidas048 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 pm Hello thanks so whoever put up that one is a old version then right?
Yes, I use to release several version to test the scenarios, when finished the final version goes to the official download list. All old version should be deleted.

Return to “Tech Support”