Vote for next dlc

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Vote for next dlc

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Hi guys, this week end I’m on the beach with family and my PC is far away... :( So I’m boring my self and I want launch this question: vote for next OOB dlc...
So choice betwen:
1. Endkrieg: east+west German 43-45 campaign;
2. Eastkrieg: only East German 43-45 campaign;
3. Westkrieg: only west German 43-45 campaign (including Sicily, Italy Gustav and Gothic lines, Normandy, france, Benelux and German scenarios)
4. Soviet early campaign: 39-43
5. Soviet total campaign: 39-45
6. Allied early campaign: 39-43 campaign (Brits+France core units)
7. Allied total late campaign: 43- 45 (Brits+USA core)
8. Italian solo campaign: 36 - 43 campaign (to Spain, Etiopia, Albania, France40, jugogreece41, Russia41-43 till Sicily and maybe something about RSI) with also aero naval mediterran focus...
9. Romanian campaign
10. Japan Burma campaign
11. USA solo core west campaign 43-45
12 something other (specify...)

I’ll enjoy knowing your opinion... beach and sun are boring ;)
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Vote for next dlc

Post by calmhatchery »

you wrote so many interesting topics I vote:
Japan Burma
Italian solo campaign
ENDKREIG
and ..I dont know which to chose now ? :)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

1. Volkskrieg
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Since Volkskrieg is already on the official list I would guess someone has already started work on it :wink:

But I would like to see a British European campaign starting with Norway, the Expeditionary Corps, the struggle for the Atlantic and then Sicily/Italia and Normandy etc.
Kaal979
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kaal979 »

10. Japan Burma campaign
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

Anything goes, but I guess Volkskrieg it will be.
Kaal979
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kaal979 »

Cant Warhammer (BB) WoodElves VS Khorne Lizardmen be added PLEASE!!!
Last edited by Kaal979 on Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Please leave OOB at historical world... when Total war leave the real world I cry for weeks...
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

I would vote for 6. but an interesting conundrum occurs to me: Where are they going to fit any more flag counters on the European continent? :)
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (23.77 KiB) Viewed 4685 times
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

There's always room somewhere....
Kaal979
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kaal979 »

Or BloodBowl!
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

Erik2 wrote:Since Volkskrieg is already on the official list I would guess someone has already started work on it :wink:

But I would like to see a British European campaign starting with Norway, the Expeditionary Corps, the struggle for the Atlantic and then Sicily/Italia and Normandy etc.
Agreed!! :D
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

9. Romanian campaign??? What is this? Roma Empire?
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Navman2854 wrote:
Erik2 wrote:Since Volkskrieg is already on the official list I would guess someone has already started work on it :wink:

Agreed!! :D
I also think that British campaign 1940-42 should be added
It should include fighting in Norway, the BEF in Belgium and the evacuation of Dunkirk, perhaps a few missions in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, fighting in North Africa from the Compass operation to the Second Battle of El Alamein.
The next campaign should be the US-British liberation of Europe 1943-45.
The beginning is Operation Torch and fighting in Tunisia, then Sicily and Italy until reaching Rome.
There are very few games which show the whole Italian campaign, most of them end at Monte Cassino and then we go to Normandy.
I would like the OoB's player will be able to continue fighting in Italy until reaching Bologna and Milan (also possible some real additional missions, such as Operation Dragon in southern France, or fictional scenarios, eg a parachute landing in Yugoslavia supporting Tito partisans).
The player would choose a further path of scenarios after conquering Rome - whether to stay in the Mediterranean or go to the English Channel.

But now, there will be Volkskrieg... :D
cutydt02

Post by cutydt02 »

After end the german grand campaign, i’d like to see allies early war (arras/40 to tunisia/43), invasion of europe (sicili/43 to end). Then defend motherland (6/41-> stalingrad/1943), glory victory (43-end)
Just like grand campaign in panzer corps, but other nations like china will be so interesting
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Erasermarek wrote:9. Romanian campaign??? What is this? Roma Empire?
Rumenian campaign off corse... ;)
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Id like to know who ll win this guess competition.... How about next dlc Aristocrats
ubcbeer
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ubcbeer »

I want the 11. US solo core west campaign 43-45!
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Bulgarian occupation forces and mopping up DLC. You don't fight much and have no army except infantries/old artillery- the missions will mostly be to go an occupy the territory of your neighbours after they have been defeated by the Germans.
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

1. Italian Solo as listed above, but with dynamic or victorious ending with no RSI and such. Few people would want a losing campaign copying history
2. Soviet Grand Campaign, but starting with Moscow 1941. What happened before, makes no sense as we cannot simulate that within realistic limits. Again, no one wants to lose entire armies and follow such orders which demand the sacrifice your units - and on top of that you'd end up in front of a firing squad anyways.
3. German campaign starting with Kursk, on a semi-hypo path with branches (Leningrad, Murmansk) concluding a soviet-german ceasefire or a late Moscow.. perhaps late-war Sea Lion ala Panzer General style to put an end to the West as well... Meanwhile scenarios can be air-war over France or the Reich that affects later supplies/new units.. etc.
4. USA (or allies) West from Torch to D-day. (sure it's a must) Including air-war related stuff as well. Or make that a separate Air campaign!
5. Hungarian long campaign - but I'd do that personally so this does not count :D . Also it requires "change sides AI trigger" and "unfriendly ally" features I mentioned in another topic.
6. Battle of Britain with the Luftwaffe concluded with Sea Lion. Let's suppose the Soviet did not prepare for attack in 1941, that required to silently cancel the invasion of the British Isles.

7. On a second thought, Soviet Early Grand can be done but with severe masochism level. :twisted: :twisted: YES, you do need to sacrifice a lot, YES your own "unfriendly ally" NKVD division will attack you if you don't fulfill your objective - or try to retreat you will be decimated. YES with stupid AND/OR impossible objectives requiring you to struggle for secondaries or lose dozens of units trying the impossible. Escape "Butcher" Zhukov's slaughterhouse tactics... End up fighting the war with zero XP conscripts and volunteers (as it did happen) - end up purchasing new units more often than reinforcing the current ones... and forget elite reinforcements! :lol: YES, have such leaders which give negative effects and cannot be removed! Win the unwinnable and be subject to rivalry and betrayal from above... find yourself to be sent on a suicide mission as result. And many more that came along with the biggest defeat of human history - and to the biggest turning point in history. Specializations what might give negative effect - or eliminate a general negative effect in the campaign (for example a general "quick retreat" trait of all units, or low efficiency "curse" or unreliable trait simulating low discipline, etc). Well it's just darn hard to simulate capital level of disability :roll:

8. Yugoslavian partisan war - not easy to do but perhaps worth it. Also needs the "unfriendly ally", "change sides AI trigger" and "civilian force" features for full effect

EDIT, to 7. I forgot CONTRADICTING objectives, where you may chose to lose primaries but live or get a result or outcome better for the future with secondaries (non-suicidal branch of the campaign, more points, units)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”