Skirmish against Ai?

Check Your 6 brings you in the middle of the World War II battles, with a turn-based strategy game that carries the spirit of the dogfights.
hapshott
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Skirmish against Ai?

Post by hapshott »

Hello,

I see that you can make scenario’s for hotseat. But can you also do this against the AI?

I only play against the AI. I cannot commit myself to play online as I never know when I have the time to play. I think that this holds for a lot if people. So for me an AI is a must.

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Hapshott
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Skirmish against Ai?

Post by FroBodine »

I sure hope there are skirmishes vs. the AI. That's a standard feature!
Barthheart
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Barthheart »

Agree this should be in.
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bssybeep »

+1 on skirmish mode against AI
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

No editor or modding? No buy. Simple as that. And I'm an easy mark :wink:

We are limited to campaigns where we may get stuck and frustrated, and 18 missions. This game I am shocked there is no editor or skirmish.

There is also a game on Steam called "The Few." It's $8 full price and has probably been on sale, too. I bought it and wasn't my cup of English tea. But no way is "Check your 6" worth $22 more. That's my opinion, and people are free to compare features, etc.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

The problem is that release game with no skirmish mode, no editor and not mod friendly... apart very limited in content.

This game needs be the FOGII in tactical air combat and in general looks more simple and a lot less complete than a game like Achtung Spitfire that has more than 20 years.

I understand that we are now in the golden age of DLCs but at least you need release a valuable base game that made players want expand content... not a to empty game that if not receive DLCs is going to be a waste... Check your 6 is going to be the base for all expansions but base game need be attractive and complete, title cover blitzkrieg in Europe and only offer the Battle of Britain airplanes... not add France leave game nude.

In this moment for me is not a title to add into the buy list and in the moment to have more content all pass to buy overpriced base game...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately the team don't have any plans for a skirmish mode.
vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by vicco »

IainMcNeil wrote:Unfortunately the team don't have any plans for a skirmish mode.
If that's the case, what are the plans for DLCs (more planes, more campaigns/scenarios, different theaters, additional nationalities, etc.)? I was hoping that this would be the spiritual successor of Achtung Spitfire & Over the Reich. Even compared to the board game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdchYG1ic4), this digital version is a bit sparse. I hope I'm being too pessimistic & that DLCs will soon be forthcoming.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

IainMcNeil wrote:Unfortunately the team don't have any plans for a skirmish mode.
But was not delayed the release of skirmish mode and editor??? or directly NO skirmish mode??? because all i read is about that skirmish mode is planned but not in time to release it with game :?: if game is not going to have a skirmish mode i move it definitive to "forget" pile.

Only thing that a game like this offer compared with a 20 years old game is better unit graphics (and they are for actual standards, even for some years ago are average at best) but apart this not even capable to stand VS that 2 old wargames.

EDIT: from Steam forum

"Hi everyone :)

Dev here - we have the Skirmish mode in the devtest, but it still requires some improvements, so while we keep working on making it available for all of you, let us know what else we might improve in the game overall."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/di ... 319427385/

A game with the very limited content and value in first version doesnt need " more help" to keep customers far from it :roll:
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Interesting, the dev is a lot more active on the steam forum and he did say a skirmish mode is in testing and will be added soon. So, which comment is true? Trying to make a purchase decision ;-)
RAUBKATER1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by RAUBKATER1 »

1. GAME EDITOR,
2. AI SKIRMISH MODE,
3. MODABILITY
raxulus2

Post by raxulus2 »

If you want to try same skirmish battles, just use F1at the main menu
you open a console.
Then you can try number of settings (set pvc to play againts AI)
You have do to some try and error to find the good ones :D :D :D
fritzjoel

Post by fritzjoel »

Excellent! Thanks raxulus2!

Return to “Check Your 6!”