Pausing and Exiting

Empires Apart is an old-school Real Time Strategy game set in medieval times. Play as one of six uniquely designed factions. Gather resources, raise an army and lead your civilization to victory in a multiplayer focused classic RTS, brought to the modern age.
morganbj
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Pausing and Exiting

Post by morganbj »

Okay. I give up.

How do I pause the game and how do I save and exit, so I can resume another day. I see very little information in-game or on-line. :roll:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Pausing and Exiting

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum,

sorry not a game i know about tbh, but all games come with a manual and doesn't it have a tutorial to show the basics?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You cant pause the game and continue to give orders, but if you want to save and continue just click the menu button in the top right and select save.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Okay, but how can I exit the game and return later?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You pop up the pause menu and save, then reload when you return. I'm not sure which part you're struggling with?
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Call me stupid, but I don't see a "Pause Menu."

I get to where I can save the game, but there is no "pause" selection. Does the game automatically pause when this menu is open, or is there a separate way to do it?
PanCalvus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanCalvus »

Yes, the single player pauses when the menu is opened. The same goes for the tech tree. From that menu you can save and resign/quit, and reload the game later. (You will lose control groups, unless that has been patched by now, but everything else should carry over.) The game also autosaves every 5 minutes while in single player, to prevent an unexpected crash from ending that epic battle with 7 AI's. I'm not sure if unranked multiplayer battles can be saved and restored, then again they're usually short enough to just play in one go.
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

i don't like RTS. I give up.

Return to “Empires Apart”