Anybody Alive Out There?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Hanal
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Anybody Alive Out There?

Post by Hanal »

I posted on the Tech Support page concerning the Black Map issue but no one responded. So I will try one final time here:

1. Purchasing a new laptop resulted in the game not functioning due to the Intel Chipset issue
2. Apparantly there has been an update for the Steam version regarding this issue but does not seem the same for games bought here.
3. Why is there no Steam Key available for registered game owners? At least I might be able to play the game through Steam.
Last edited by Hanal on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Anybody Alive Out There?

Post by zakblood »

yes all posts are read, or try to, but can't find a post for your tech issue, so maybe you didn't open a new one and posted it as a reply onto someone else and it has got lost in the many replies and posts etc?
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

I own both the Steam version & the Slitherene version. ( support for what I was hoping would be a classic ). My question is why isn't the Slitherene version given the beta updates like the Steam one. I have yet to get a...good answer on that. Considering how slow the devs have been in updating this game...I am just a little disappointed.
Last edited by eddieballgame on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

eddieballgame wrote:I own both the Steam version & the Slitherene version. ( support for what I was hoping would be a classic ). My question is why isn't the Slitherene version given the beta updates like the Steam one. I have yet to get a...good answer on that. Considering how slow the devs have been in completing, what should be a classic...I am just a little disappointed.
Do you have an issue with the Intel Chip set too for the game bought here? And if so, does your Steam version run ok?
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Steam version runs fine...no issues with either version on my Windows 10 & 7. That, however, is not the point...I always favor non-Steam vs Steam when I have that option. I paid for both & expect both to be, at least, equally supported. To me...the Slitherene version should be given the preference for any patch...beta or not.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

It may not be the point for you but it is for me, who now has a broken game with no apparant support....
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

supports the same for any game, about the cpu, that's another issue tbh, onboard GPU has always been an issue with certain games and engine, but the developers would have to comment to give more depth on that, but it's been there since day one and has always been mentioned and up front about it, was on the alpha and beta of it, so can remember more than most.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

That is all well and good, but why the effort to fix the issue on Steam bought games and not for those who purchased it directly from here? The game is good, but it is not that great that I am willing to shell out $25 for a workable Steam copy....
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

zakblood_slith wrote:supports the same for any game,
No beta update for the Slitherene version = no support. The length of time the devs have been spending on updates forces one to have to treat their beta updates as actual, long term fixes.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sometimes it's easier and quicker to get a patch out on one format than to do both, but i'm not sure either, as i'm no the developers, just someone trying to help, but will bring in someone who can answer your questions for you, messages have been passed on.
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

I appreciate any feedback, so thank you. This game is very good now but the impression I get is the devs are not truly engaged in supporting the community that is trying to support them. The game has an excellent editor for modding & despite the lack of multiplayer could/should easily become a top seller after & when all the bugs are worked out.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

eddieballgame wrote:after & when all the bugs are worked out
That's the problem, as the devepment was rushed after they change the game engine, there should be many bugs that would not be if devs had time to care for their code.
I hope the original devs are still here too, as I imagine in the hurry the code was not very documented..
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

So I imagine I'm right (I still want to hope not) and the game is like Eador:MastersOfTheBrokenWorld, where mainly devs added features (and so bugs) for they were not able to remove the original bugs.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

There are three games I would normally have purchased from Slitherine by now but will no longer support this company. Their total disregard for their customer base has sworn me off their products.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

What more products are sadly unfinished like Sovereignty? I'm not aware.
Others pc games are quite decent, even some may have been released bad, they are now reasonably patched.
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

so if i understand this correct you guys would advice against playing this game becose of the bugged features? I did like the idea of the game but haven't come around into giving it a serious try
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

If you bought, try it, you may be lucky. Or wait for at least 5 years, at this patching pace.
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris0War »

LOL
I might... so far i found the constant moving of forces by the a.i. a bit irritating...
eye of the hunter you know... see everything!
gchristie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gchristie »

I bought this in early access then was unable to play it for months until they fixed the integrated graphics/black screen issue.

And I just finished a campaign with Dragonhold. The tactical AI has improved since the early days, but I still found it to be a push over. For instance, when I was attacking a province that has forts, the AI rather than concentrating their forces within range of the forts rushed forward beyond the range of the forts to attack my forces.

I was able to drive straight through the Iron Barony and took Mardoba's capital. Mardoba had several large armies but none of them tried to drive out my forces from their Capital so game over.

I enjoyed it for what it is but am unlikely to play as another faction until the AI gains competency.

I did report a bug in the Steam forum but never got a response. The problem was when I was attacking forces that had rebelled using tactical combat the game crashed every time and my laptop froze. If I autoresolved those battles there was no problem.
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
~Anne Frank

Return to “Sovereignty”