Duplex's Scenarios and Campaigns

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Duplex's Scenarios and Campaigns

Post by Duplex »

The War of Resistance (Historical China Campaign 1937-1945)

- The War of Resistance v1.0.2 (BETA)

- Only 3 scenarios right now, more coming in the future!

Ahistorical China Series

- Shanghai 1939 (1v1 Multiplayer) v1.2.2 (Another Huge Overhaul)

- BeiPing 1940 (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.3.0

- The Great Manchurian Offensive (1942 1vAI Singleplayer) v1.3.3

- Hong Kong 1942 (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.4.0

- Harbin 1943 (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.2.9

- DaLian 1943 (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.3.4

Shards' Summer Scenario Shakedown - The 400

- Battle of Midway (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.2.3

Standalone Scenarios

- Berlin 1945 (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.1.3 (Recommended)

- Iwo Jima (1vAI Singleplayer) v1.1.2 (NEW!)

The Chinese Civil War (1927-1935) (On Hold, Probably Won't Be Coming)
Last edited by Duplex on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 59 times in total.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Duplex

Re: Duplex's Scenarios

Post by Duplex »

Shanghai 1939 / Multiplayer 1v1 / Chinese Nationalists vs Japan

This is basically what I imagine what would've happened if the Nationalists had waited two more years before starting a war with Japan. They manage to stave off a conflict through a policy of appeasement but can wait no longer. The forces should be pretty even. This is my first scenario and I spent quite a while on it. I've tried to make it historically accurate but many of the places/terrains are made up. I hope people like it.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Duplex, this looks like fine work.
- Bru
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Thanks a lot! I couldn't have made my scenario without your handy-dandy scenario editor manual.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Duplex wrote:Thanks a lot! I couldn't have made my scenario without your handy-dandy scenario editor manual.
That's good to hear. I appreciate that.
- Bru
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

I am going to use this as my thread or topic thingamabob on the forum for my own custom scenarios.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Well, keep going and good luck. Hope to see that list in the OP grow!
- Bru
ALP071
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ALP071 »

Mate, I already downloaded the Shanghai 39 scenario, but can't get it to run :cry: Installed it following th usual path (My Games/OOB/Scenarios), but when I get to the Single Player Campaign Scenarios tabs, it doesn't show up.

Can you please help me?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

ALP071 wrote:Mate, I already downloaded the Shanghai 39 scenario, but can't get it to run :cry: Installed it following th usual path (My Games/OOB/Scenarios), but when I get to the Single Player Campaign Scenarios tabs, it doesn't show up.

Can you please help me?
That's because it's a multiplayer scenario, one versus one human players. You install it in the same folder as the single player custom scenarios:
Capture571.jpg
Capture571.jpg (108.55 KiB) Viewed 14580 times
but instead of clicking SINGLE PLAYER, you click MULTIPLAYER on the main screen. Then click Hotseat, New Game, and the left-right arrows until you find it:
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (306.16 KiB) Viewed 14580 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (311.28 KiB) Viewed 14580 times
I believe you can launch it and play against yourself - I've done that a few times - but it's meant to be played against an online opponent. How that's done is not clear to me - I've never played multiplayer. See the manual or look around these forums for instructions, or maybe Duplex will help you.
- Bru
ALP071
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ALP071 »

OK, thanks, mate.

BTW, two more things:

1.- Is Beiping 1940 also multiplayer?
2.- Excellent stuff that of The Aleutian Crisis, and I'm sure The Oahu Invasion will follow the same pattern (of course, in my playing queue :wink: ).
bru888

Post by bru888 »

ALP071 wrote:OK, thanks, mate.

BTW, two more things:

1.- Is Beiping 1940 also multiplayer?
2.- Excellent stuff that of The Aleutian Crisis, and I'm sure The Oahu Invasion will follow the same pattern (of course, in my playing queue :wink: ).
For 1., it looks like Duplex is going duplex with his scenarios (hopefully to be followed by triplex, quartex, etc.) so my guess would be it's a continuation of multiplayer action in that theater. I'm sure he will have more news soon.

As for 2., thank you. Frankly, those two scenarios of mine are a slog, not for the faint-hearted. I have a feeling that my two latest creations, both naval scenarios, are more fun to play but the public must judge. And I have another one in the oven . . .

But enough about my scenarios. This is Duplex's thread! :)
- Bru
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

BeiPing 1940 will be singleplayer. Also, any suggestions/advice on Shanghai 1939 would be greatly appreciated. It's my first scenario and I want to know it there are any problems.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
ALP071
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ALP071 »

Duplex wrote:BeiPing 1940 will be singleplayer. Also, any suggestions/advice on Shanghai 1939 would be greatly appreciated. It's my first scenario and I want to know it there are any problems.
Way to go!!!

More Sino-Japanese singleplayer scenarios, please (on the Chinese side, of course) :wink:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I agree, Sino-Chinese scenarios are very welcome. Maybe even add some Soviet-Japanese ones?
There is some virgin ground there.
ALP071
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ALP071 »

Erik2 wrote:Maybe even add some Soviet-Japanese ones? There is some virgin ground there.
YEEEESSSSSS! Lots of Nomonhan and August Storm, too :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

The main problem with making Sino-Japanese scenarios is the fact that OOB lacks later war Chinese units. There is Chinese Infantry '35, '37, and '39, but nothing past that. So I can't create any scenarios past 1940. And I don't see a China DLC coming any time soon. So...there most likely won't be many more China scenarios coming from me. Sorry.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

However the future may be (Mod?) - every single player mission is greatly appreciated! :D
ALP071
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ALP071 »

Duplex wrote:The main problem with making Sino-Japanese scenarios is the fact that OOB lacks later war Chinese units. There is Chinese Infantry '35, '37, and '39, but nothing past that. So I can't create any scenarios past 1940. And I don't see a China DLC coming any time soon. So...there most likely won't be many more China scenarios coming from me. Sorry.
Well, you are right about that, sadly... :cry:

However, may I suggest Yunnan scenarios during the Japanese drive to interdict the Hong Kong lifeline, or maybe Changsha 1939?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Duplex, as a small tip:
You shouldn't just "Edit" your first post, but compose an additional new post also, otherwise the forum doesn't recognize this as something "new" and doesn't move your thread to the top.

Thanks for the singleplayer scenario. Just downloaded it and I'm eager to try it out.
(I think the Navy can manage one day without me :) )
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

BeiPing 1940, v.1.0.0
(I'm playing OoB v.5.2.3/64bit with my mod, but this shouldn't matter in this scenario, as I didn't change any of the units you used)

My first time around this map, played at middle difficulty. Some observations:
Midplay
Midplay
Screenshot 108.jpg (554.72 KiB) Viewed 14313 times
- nice map, good action, never boring :D
- the prim. obj. hint was hilarious, at least to me.... "do it"... :lol:
- many different approaches with good flanking and encirclement tactics possible
- the first 10 turns defending were intense and well balanced. And I liked the "traitor" ideas... :)
- really liked the airplane harassment throughout, but still missed some kind of AA early on
- the one-and-only arty seemed pointless as it was destroyed by planes real fast. Same goes for one of the AT-guns that had no "concealed" trait
- the provided fighter plane was kind of useless against the Jap. fighters. Only after capturing all airfields and thus cutting the enemy planes' support, that fighter actually did some damage (too late in the game)
- fast AI & map, good settings, fast gameplay. Simple but effective
- good overall balance and turn limit
- all objectives checked "complete" okay
- the "choke point" at ShanHaiGuan is well done, the counter-attack fierce. I took it at turn 25, my AT-support arrived a tad late, most of the tanks were destroyed by inf. units and encirclements
- the RP management was good, but I felt like having too many units at some later point and thus being able to overrun the last two primary VP's
Soko-Ko.jpg
Soko-Ko.jpg (452.07 KiB) Viewed 14313 times
suggestions
- add an objective marker on WuGui and make it an prim. victory point! Speaking of which, add obj. markers to all prim. obj.!
- I liked your logic with the "Quick" trigger :D
- the Jap. ships should be able to move to support the defense of ShanHaiGuan instead of staying south
- I'd scratch the last reinforcement wave (turn 40) completely, or make it dependent on the player's progress on the map
- The Soko-...-Ki tank was rendered useless as it was now (see above screenshot)
- maybe you could expand the railroad to reach a bit further west after ShanHaiGuan. Or add transports to the heavy inf. and the AA at least
- a sec. obj. would be neat - maybe "destroy all enemy tanks" or something like that, with a nice reward :)
- none of the popup messages had pics in it. Add some, it looks better 8)
Screenshot 111.jpg
Screenshot 111.jpg (462.79 KiB) Viewed 14313 times
As always these are just my own opinions.
Thank you for this, Duplex, I had fun, it was time well spent.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”