Historical Flag and Insignia Mod Gold

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Historical Flag and Insignia Mod 1.20A

Post by Magic1111 »

GSlapshot wrote: The mod does not appear to work for the new patch 1.30
The Flag MOD works with Patch 1.30, because there are no changes in Nations or flags.png File in contrast to v1.25!
GSlapshot
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by GSlapshot »

Thanks. I just don't see the German Swastika on the German towns at the start any more, but its not a biggie.
Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Wargamer74 »

When I get the time I'm going to update the mod for patch 1.30 but in the mean time here's a png with all the flags you can add to the current version. :)
Attachments
flags.png
flags.png (37.87 KiB) Viewed 9095 times
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

It's been a long time since I've been on the forums and I just realized somebody already updated flags :oops: . It might be a awhile but I'm going to be adding the German flag to all the Soviet Corps scenario selection maps.
Oxybeles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Oxybeles »

Scott,

An official update would be wonderful!
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Oxybeles wrote:Scott,
An official update would be wonderful!
Yes! :D
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

After looking at what's new in the 1.30 patch I don't see any new scenario selection maps or other artwork that needs updating for Soviet Corps except for the flags. I don't actually own Soviet Corps or ever plan on buying it so if there is anything new, somebody else will have to update it.

I have added a few minor improvements, a better German roundel flag that you see in the side bar taken from the wavy flags mod, I think his looks a little better than mine. Also a better Italian and Hungarian flag and I left the Slovakian flag as it was originally, from what I understand and based on historical research the national flag of Slovakia didn't have the symbol in the middle.

You can get the updated version in the first post.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Scott900091 wrote: You can get the updated version in the first post.
Many thx Scott! :D
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Historical Flag and Insignia Mod 1.30

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks for the update, Scott. :D

Whenever I play Panzer Corps I always use your mod.
Richard
Moransky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Moransky »

Any chances to get this mod for Battlefield Europe?
Panzer Corps 2 is the most ahistorical game in the history of WW2 games
IckieStickie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: New Historical Flag and Insignia Mod

Post by IckieStickie »

Scott900091 wrote:As long as I get credit for my work anyone can use the mod as they please. :) I didn't upload it just for people to look at. :lol: I've never understood why some people are so stingy with their mods. If people want to use my work, I consider it a compliment.
Scott you are a very rare breed in deed! 8)
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

After a long break from PC I’m getting back into this game playing through the grand campaign and realized when installing my mod that there’s a mistake in the file structure. I’m not sure which patch changed things but there use to be a folder called expansion 2/AK /UI/startscreen and this is where the start menu screen for AK went, if you install the mod through GME it will end up creating this folder that shouldn’t be there. At the moment I don’t feel like re-uploading the mod so for anyone still using this, what you should do before installing it is rename the AK menu start screen to “menu_wide_bg_ak” and place it in the main UI/startscreen folder and then delete the expansion2 folder. Also when playing Allied Corps or Soviet Corps it’s probably best to just disable the mod. There’s been a ton of new content released since I was last playing and quit a few things have changed.

Whenever I feel up to it I plan updating this mod with a few new things like some better German theme music but it might be awhile, when playing the game I hate messing around with the files and I if do I always do a full clean reinstall.
Last edited by Wargamer74 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

Ignore what I said in the previous post, apparently I must of had a corrupt install or because I don't own the gold version the setup might be a little different.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

The Historical Flag and Insiginia Mod has been updated for the 1.30 patch.

After alot of work and thanks to VPaulus's assistance this is a German flag and Insignia Mod that makes the game look more historically accurate.

Full Version Download http://www.mediafire.com/file/zncd9fqai ... _1.30a.zip

This is a optional add on that can be used with the historical flag and insignia mod when playing the AK expansion. It replaces the eagle in the headbase and purchase screen with a Afrika korps insignia. It also includes a briefing letter with a AK rubber stamp. With the 1.20 patch the add on can be used along with the historical flag and insignia mod, when you click on the ak icon and load up a scenario or campaign it will use the AK headbase.

AK Add On Download Mirror 1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/23556958 ... .20A.zipAK Add On

Download Mirror 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?7xgl6gzm6m22528
To update your creation will to version 1.31 Tank corps ?
AugustinMalar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by AugustinMalar »

Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Historical Flag and Insignia Mod 1.30:

Post by Yrfin »

Hi Wargamer74 !
Very usefull Mod you did ...
Can you extend it for me:
I need psevdo-nations Flag and Insignia:

34: Luftwaffe
35: Waffen SS
36: OberKomando

Thanks.
When im died - I must be a killed.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I'm not sure what you mean by psevdo-nations. I did this mod years ago and don't really feel like adding anything more to it but if you want feel free to add more flags. :)

Doing your own flags in the style of the original artwork is really easy once you get the hang of it. I'll post a short tutorial on how to make your own flags using GIMP.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Yrfin:

Sometime ago, was experimenting about using separate "nations" or factions for some different branches of the German Armed Forces: Waffen-SS, Fallschirmjager (Luftwaffe), Kriegsmarine.

After that, I decided against using so many different factios for just one nation, because you have to add those new nations to the campaign file, and there is a limit of five nations in it, and if you use three or four slots just for Germany, in some scenarios you would be forced to leave out use auxiliary nations (i.e. Italy, Romania, etc...).

In any case, you may like some of the new flags, and you are free to re-use them as you please.

Greetings!
Attachments
flags-01.png
flags-01.png (53.55 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

guille1434 wrote:Hello Yrfin:

Sometime ago, was experimenting about using separate "nations" or factions for some different branches of the German Armed Forces: Waffen-SS, Fallschirmjager (Luftwaffe), Kriegsmarine.

After that, I decided against using so many different factios for just one nation, because you have to add those new nations to the campaign file, and there is a limit of five nations in it, and if you use three or four slots just for Germany, in some scenarios you would be forced to leave out use auxiliary nations (i.e. Italy, Romania, etc...).

In any case, you may like some of the new flags, and you are free to re-use them as you please.

Greetings!
Thanks for advice guille !

Im respect your wisdom in PzC .
But I can imagine a troubles with additional psevdo-nations like Luftwaffe/SS/Guards and so.
"... if you use three or four slots just for Germany, in some scenarios you would be forced to leave out use auxiliary nations (i.e. Italy, Romania, etc...). "
I hope I can handle with it in my future Campaigns :).

But I just wanna test it. Why not ? :)

PS. Thanks for Flags.
When im died - I must be a killed.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

You are welcome, Yrfin! Be free to use them and make your tests... I wish the game engine had no such limitations...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”