CEAW 4.0

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

sikorsky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

CEAW 4.0

Post by sikorsky »

Can someone tell me where I can access a link for v 4.0? The only link I can find is dead.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: CEAW 4.0

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

We are working on finishing GS v4.0 in closed beta. We hope to post a New public Version before Christmas which will be the final Version.

You can play now if you PM me Your email address. Then you get invitation to the closed beta forum where you find the download to the latest Version.
sikorsky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by sikorsky »

I have sent you the address PM
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I got it. Pk867 will add you to the closed beta forum where you can download the latest Version.

I'm a PC user so I can't help much With fixing the MAC Version. That is Pk867 domain. He has tried quite a bit, but not found a workaround. It seems it can be a Java issue and not GS related.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,
Please post any questions in the closed beta while play testing.
Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Odenathus »

Just be absolutely clear, is the link to update to 4.0 the final, official version that's just waiting for Slitherine to provide an installer, which isn't expected until the New Year, or is it still an advanced beta test? Cheers.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

There are no GS v4.0 links open for the Public at the moment.

In the closed beta we have just released GS 4.027. Our hope is that this version is good enough that we can release this as a final version to the public before Christmas. Then we will post the link in the public forum.

The latest GS Version has added code to deal with MAC High Sierra incompatibility. That is what needs testing now. The actual GS v4.0 game seems to be balanced and stable. So we are not far from finalizing GS v4.0. The last GS v4.0 AAR between Vokt and Plaid ended in a stalemate and that's not bad. Both players are elite and know the game very well.
Odenathus

Post by Odenathus »

Thanks. Do try to persuade Marix/Slitherine to put an announcement on the splash screen for their other games. Unless players haunt these forums on a regular basis it's sometimes hard to keep up with developments on this (and other) very good mods.
ncc1701e
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ncc1701e »

Stauffenberg wrote:We are working on finishing GS v4.0 in closed beta. We hope to post a New public Version before Christmas which will be the final Version.

You can play now if you PM me Your email address. Then you get invitation to the closed beta forum where you find the download to the latest Version.
I must have a problem with my account because I did send you a PM twice and never got an answer.
Perhaps this is too late since the beta is nearly finished ?

Cheers
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

You should already have got a beta slot. I told Pk867 to add you. Are you sure you didn't get an email from Pk867 and don't have access to the closed beta forum?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I did not received an email but I have just checked and I have access to the closed beta sub forum. Sorry, I was expecting an email. Starting testing now.
chrisfso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by chrisfso »

Still on track for a pre-Christmas release of CEAW 4.0? Very much looking forward to it.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Yes. Just waiting for some NATO Counter updates by Vokt. We hope to get those tomorrow.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I will get minor updates to the NATO Counters within a few hours. Then I will make a full PC Version installer and post it on the forum for download.

The MAC Version will be available a little bit later because Pk867 is travelling at the moment. He will also post the change log etc.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”