The Republic in Crisis Mini Campaign

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: The Republic in Crisis Mini Campaign

Post by devoncop »

Sadly I can confirm Mithridates Forces were beaten in a bloody battle . :( ........Result at end screen..... 60% Pontic loss.....20% Roman loss.......

Congratulations to AlessandroD !!
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by olin0111 »

Hendricus wrote: I was outnumbered 2:!, and had to fight in rough terrain,sned another Legion to stop this rebellion.
Despite the result the battle was a close call for Spartacus. Fortunately the first line held long enough for the sea of poorly armed rabble to surround and rout the Roman left wing.

devoncop wrote: Sadly I can confirm Mithridates Forces were beaten in a bloody battle . :( ........Result at end screen..... 60% Pontic loss.....20% Roman loss.......
Sad news indeed. It seems that the war will not end well for the Pontic kingdom. Let us hope for some good news from Spain.
AlessandroD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AlessandroD »

devoncop wrote:Sadly I can confirm Mithridates Forces were beaten in a bloody battle . :( ........Result at end screen..... 60% Pontic loss.....20% Roman loss.......

Congratulations to AlessandroD !!
Thanks you too! Fun and interesting game.

Waiting Sertorius then :twisted:
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

I have to report that, after a very hard fight where the result was in doubt until the very end, Roman arms have won the day! The percentages on the final result screen were 33% and 57%. Thanks for a very tense game ggarynorman!
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

Results after round 2:

It looks like the Republic is on a steady path to Victory. They suffered a setback while dealing with the slave revolt but were able to defeat their enemies once again in Spain and Asia. Roman commanders there are pushing boldly forward expecting another victory and a triumph in Rome. Sertorius and Mithridates are doing what they can to raise yet another army and stop the Roman onslaught. Meanwhile Spartacus is contemplating whether to invade Sicily and cause all the slaves there to revolt or move all the way up north and away from the Roman territory.

The final chapter of this story has begun.

AllesandroD, Sertorius is ready to make a final stand. We will meet again on the field of battle. PM sent.
Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hendricus »

I set up the scenario and send ggarynorman a PM for the Password.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

The downtrodden slaves of Spartacus are looking to capitalise on the recent overrunning of a Roman Legion.........

Password sent via PM and game set up for Doyley50.........

For freedom........... :!: :!: :!:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

The slaves are back in chains !

A crushing victory by Doyley50 with a final figure of 46% Spartacus losses to 8% Roman losses tells you all you need to know.....

Big respect for the victory managed by the slaves in the last battle.....some magic must have been at play :-)
ggarynorman
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ggarynorman »

I can not see any challenge under name Hendricus. Could you please repost.
Thanks
Gary
Hendricus

Post by Hendricus »

My bad, I made the scenario, and then I noticed those unaccepted challenges, so I deleted them. With it the just made scenario. Waiting and waiting for it to be accepted,silly me. Made a new one, sorry for the delay.
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

AlessandroD, let me know if you have time to play the battle this week.
devoncop wrote:The slaves are back in chains !

A crushing victory by Doyley50 with a final figure of 46% Spartacus losses to 8% Roman losses tells you all you need to know.....

Big respect for the victory managed by the slaves in the last battle.....some magic must have been at play :-)
The slaves will rise again! (someday)
Also, I suppose the magic was called a big hill in the middle of the map with a rough ground on it :)
Hendricus

Post by Hendricus »

In round 3 The Romans beat the Pontic 10-46.
The Romans had to storm a hill but when they reached the top they held the higher ground and stamped enough enemies to make them rout.
Hendricus

Post by Hendricus »

Thanks for hosting this campaign, I assume the Rebublic is not in crisis anymore. Earlier Romans, before 105 BC, are perhaps more of a challenge. I would like bigger armies and maps if asked for wishes in a next campaign.
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

I have been trying to contact AlessandroD for a couple of days but he has not replied to my PMs. As everybody else has already finished their battles maybe one of the Romans would like to step in and take over the forces of the Republic in the last battle against Sertorius? Then we could wrap up the campaign nicely.
Hendricus wrote:Thanks for hosting this campaign, I assume the Rebublic is not in crisis anymore. Earlier Romans, before 105 BC, are perhaps more of a challenge. I would like bigger armies and maps if asked for wishes in a next campaign.
Thank you for participating and suggestions. One of the idea that I had was to double the number of battles for the next campaign. One battle would be fought in agricultural and another one in hilly terrain. This might give more chances to the Coalition as Romans in open ground are really hard to beat (which is historically accurate). If we increase the battle size AND the number of battles I wonder if this isn't too much, though. But I'm open to discussion.

EDIT: Started battle with AlessandroD. Hordes of javelinmen are making the final stand against Rome.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”