Performance drop on iPad Air after updating to latest iOS

Carrier Deck is a fast paced time management game where you will play as the Air Officer on board a CVN-76 in the midst of active war. You, alone, are responsible for all aspects of operations involving aircraft on the ship and you'll need to work fast to ensure everything happens in time for the highest chances of warfare success.
georgevv
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Performance drop on iPad Air after updating to latest iOS

Post by georgevv »

Hi,

After updating to the latest iOS, the frame-rate in Carrier Deck has dropped significantly to the point where it affects gameplay. Before the update everything ran as smooth as silk. I tried shutting down all applications and rebooting to no avail. Is there any known solution? I have an iPad Air with the Apple A7 CPU in it and 32GB of storage.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Performance drop on iPad Air after updating to latest iO

Post by zakblood »

not something i normally comment on tbh,

Code: Select all

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/25/ios-11-app-slowdowns-performance-issues/
but as your the first to post it, and i as the first to look and respond, i did some digging and a quick search finds your not alone, not something i'd guess or was guessing the game had anything to do with tbh, but wasn't long before i found a few sites and posts saying the same thing i'm sorry to say, this isn't to say the developer can't or can do something either, as they will have to make a comment for themselves either way, just putting up some information for others and yourself so you know your not alone etc.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iosapps/should-you-update-ios-11-on-iphone-or-ipad-3659677/
Going back is difficult (or impossible)
Here's a potential reason not to update: upgrading iOS tends to be essentially a one-way journey. It's always extremely hard (if not impossible) to go back to the previous version of iOS afterwards, so be sure you want to do this before starting the upgrade process.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Will updating iOS slow down my device?

iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (12.9, 2015), iPad Pro (9.7, 2016), iPad (9.7, 2017), iPad Pro (10.5, 2017), iPad Pro (12.9, 2017)
iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X (when it launch in November)
iPod touch (sixth generation)

If your device isn't on that list, your decision is easy: you're not able to update.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7972283?start=0&tstart=0
more users who's devices are slower after the update

http://osxdaily.com/2017/10/06/ios-11-slow-speed-up-performance/
advice on how to improve it on different hardware,...

as of yet, there has been no comment on the battery drain issues either more than a few have been reporting, but i'm sure a fix will be sorted in the end, so for me it's a O/S issue more than a gaming one i'm sorry to say and report / reply
georgevv

Post by georgevv »

I forgot to check if my iPad was the "lowest spec" hardware that could run the new iOS, usually I avoid updating if that's the case, since it usually means the device becomes sluggish, prompting you to go out and buy new hardware. Experienced this with iPhone 3G and 5 but the iPad Air never had any issues, until now...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well it seems unfortunately your not alone, seems the new O/S has caused more than a few to complain :cry:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

georgevv wrote:I forgot to check if my iPad was the "lowest spec" hardware that could run the new iOS, usually I avoid updating if that's the case, since it usually means the device becomes sluggish, prompting you to go out and buy new hardware.
Typical Apple policy.

Return to “Carrier Deck”