Eeek! Figures turning blue?

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Eeek! Figures turning blue?

Post by Odenathus »

Hi

I've just opened my first user-designed scenario - Phillipi - in Epic Battles, and several units have turned completely blue! They weren't like that when I sent in the scenario, and I'd playtested it in both MP and SP. Is that what everyone else sees, and what's caused it? Can I have altered my Settings somehow?
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Eeek! Figures turning blue?

Post by jomni »

Most probably a texture mismatch.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It looked ok for me when I opened it. You don't have any modded units in the scenario, so I can't think what is causing the problem. I sometimes get blue units when I mod units, I think it is something to do with the texture names.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Blue means it cannot find the texture. It looks fine on my machine. Perhaps you have inadvertently changed something on yours - try redownloading it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Odenathus

Post by Odenathus »

Thanks all, sort of thing that gives a man a bit of a shock.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

If you've not fixed it you'd best post a screen shot. There's a number of reasons they can turn blue but they all look distinctly different.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi All
Had the same thing with the Romano - Britons in my Mons Badonicus scenario. Wonder if it something to do with the fact that the Romano - Britons get blue unit and leader flags. When you in the editor you can change the textures around fine but in the game (where the texture was available) the system wanted to give everybody blue helmet crests and shield blazons.

Regards
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi All
Had the same thing with the Romano - Britons in my Mons Badonicus scenario. Wonder if it something to do with the fact that the Romano - Britons get blue unit and leader flags. When you in the editor you can change the textures around fine but in the game (where the texture was available) the system wanted to give everybody blue helmet crests and shield blazons.

Regards
It is a bit difficult to say anything about this since we don't know what units you are using, whether you have modded any etc.etc. Can you give us more information? And a screenshot.
Richard Bodley Scott

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi Richard

Thanks for you reply. Not done any modding but have changed the unit names. The units that I am using are effected.
Armoured Noble Cavalry. Militia Thureophoroi and Thorakitai.

Interestingly all 3 have a red themed default choice and a blue alternate texture. Also side O are the Saxons and side 1 the Romano British.
Regards

Ian
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Hi Richard

Thanks for you reply. Not done any modding but have changed the unit names. The units that I am using are effected.
Armoured Noble Cavalry. Militia Thureophoroi and Thorakitai.

Interestingly all 3 have a red themed default choice and a blue alternate texture. Also side O are the Saxons and side 1 the Romano British.
Regards

Ian
It is probably easiest if you send me a zip of your whole custom folder by email.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Hi Ian,

I am a bit puzzled. I did not see any thing wrong with the textures in the scenario that you sent to me.

Do you mean that your units have blue themed textures?

If so, that is just the game allocating the side 1 textures to your AI army. That is what happens when you use the standard .BSF file in your scenario, it overides any texture allocations that you make in the editor.

If you don't want this to happen, you just need to disable the Reskin lines in the .bsf file by putting // in front of them.

Odenathus started this thread to discuss a quite different issue that occurs when the game cannot find the texture it needs, which results in the unit turning completely a bright horrible shade of blue.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Thanks guys I will try taking out the auto coding.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Hoplite1963 wrote:Thanks guys I will try taking out the auto coding.
Hi Ian,

If you open the scenario.bsf file you will find this section near the end:

// Reskin armies to randomly use available variant textures. If both sides have the same unit type, the two sides will use different variant textures for that unit if more than 1 texture exists.
// Comment out the two lines below if you don't want variant textures to be automatically applied.
// If you want to reverse which side gets which set of variant textures, change the second parameter to 1. This is useful to make the same army use the same texture set in reversed scenarios.
ReSkinArmy(0, 0);
ReSkinArmy(1, 0);

You just need to put // in front of the ReSkinArmy lines that you want to disable, so that it looks like this

// Reskin armies to randomly use available variant textures. If both sides have the same unit type, the two sides will use different variant textures for that unit if more than 1 texture exists.
// Comment out the two lines below if you don't want variant textures to be automatically applied.
// If you want to reverse which side gets which set of variant textures, change the second parameter to 1. This is useful to make the same army use the same texture set in reversed scenarios.
//ReSkinArmy(0, 0);
//ReSkinArmy(1, 0);

Note that the ReSkinArmy(0, 0); is for the player's army (side 0), and the ReSkinArmy(1, 0); is for the AI army (side 1). So you can decide to have both armies use Reskin, neither, or one use Reskin and the other not.

Blimey! I hope that makes sense!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi Paul
Thanks very much for this.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Scenario Design”