PBEM problem

Moderator: Slitherine Core

luisito1234
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

PBEM problem

Post by luisito1234 »

A friend of mine and myself have bought the CNAW to play PBEM between us. Nevertheless, when we sent the fisrt turn to the another, the following message appears: "Exception, the file could not be loaded". I can see the file (so I have saved it in the correct place), but I cannot open it. We have tried it several times and changing the order (sometimes I start the game and send the file and sometimes my friend send me the initial turn).

Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

Did you both buy Slitherine version, or does one of you have Matrix? Not that it should matter, just checking to be on the safe side. You should pick "Load Multiplayer" NOT "Load Game" in the main menu to load a PBEM
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
luisito1234

Post by luisito1234 »

My friend bought it from the slitherine website whilst I bought it from the matrixgames.com website. Obviously, we always select load multiplayer option. In fact I can see the name of the file, but I cannot load it. Is there any problem by purchasing the same game from different websites?
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

luisito1234 wrote:My friend bought it from the slitherine website whilst I bought it from the matrixgames.com website. Obviously, we always select load multiplayer option. In fact I can see the name of the file, but I cannot load it. Is there any problem by purchasing the same game from different websites?
Should be no problem, so this is confusing. Can you try compress the save game with zip or rar before sending it making sure the file is intact when it arrives.

By the way, you are able to open your own saves right, and so is your opponent?
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
luisito1234

Post by luisito1234 »

Yes. I am able to open the files I have sent and my friend is able to open his save files. I will try to send the file tonight in a zip file, but I do not think it works. Any idea to resolve it?
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

The saves go into the user folder for a reason. But when you send the saves to each other, do you place it in user folder where you know you have access to files?
luisito1234

Post by luisito1234 »

I attach the file received within the directory c:\documents and settings\my name\CNAW\data\pbem. As I commented before, I have no problem about seeing the file itself since I am able to select it from the multiplayer menu (PBEM), although I cannot load it: "Exception, the file could not be loaded"
luisito1234

Post by luisito1234 »

Hi. I sent turn in a zipped file but I did not work. Any idea?? We bought the game to play PBEM and need a solution. Regards
luisito1234

Post by luisito1234 »

Johan,

Any news?. I would like to start playing PBEM. Thanks
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

We are investigating the matter
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

The problem has been found and will be fixed in the next patch which is finished in a matter of weeks.
luisito1234

PBEM

Post by luisito1234 »

Great!!!! I can´t wait for that moment. Thanks and best regards

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”