Assault dice roll in ios.

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
buqbuq
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Assault dice roll in ios.

Post by buqbuq »

When I assault an enemy infantry, my dice are always "6(=national logo)" and "something(#1-6)".
Enemy's dice are also always "6(=national logo)" and "something(#1-6)".
The dice result is always 6 vs 6, so I can guess the result before assault.

It seems that there is no randomizer of first dice(roll).
Did you see same problem?

Thanks.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Assault dice roll in ios.

Post by Tamas »

Hi,

How many times you have seen 6s in sequence? These rolls are supposed to be random.
buqbuq

Post by buqbuq »

Hi Tamas,

Fist die is always "6".

I edited an custom mission and uploaded sample video on youtube.

Could you check it?
"HoN ios assault sample"
https://youtu.be/U9Hz8fd4zfA

Thank you
Yoshihisa Miura
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Sorry for the late reply! We will look into it once the Normandie team is back from their holiday next week.
buqbuq

Post by buqbuq »

Tamas wrote:Sorry for the late reply! We will look into it once the Normandie team is back from their holiday next week.
Have you seen it?
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We have not been able to reproduce it, or find anything in the code that would indicate something is wrong.

Is this happening in one particular scenario?
buqbuq

Post by buqbuq »

Hi,

>Is this happening in one particular scenario?

All. It always happened.
All the scenarios, all modes.
I already uninstalled it and reloaded the application. But nothing has changed.

Did you see the youtube video?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Hz8fd4zfA
buqbuq

Post by buqbuq »

I noticed by watching my video uploaded to YouTube, but the top face of the dice are always 6, but the side face displayed in front are always 4 and 2. In other words, it is always fixed in the direction that 6, 4, 2 are visible.

Perhaps there is a bug in the display of the results, rather than the randomizer of the program is not functioning, and maybe the data of the first roll (the same graphic) is always displayed.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Thanks for the video. We are looking into the iOS code in detail to see what could have triggered this. I'll post here once I have something.
buqbuq

Post by buqbuq »

Tamas wrote:Thanks for the video. We are looking into the iOS code in detail to see what could have triggered this. I'll post here once I have something.

Did you find something about the problem?
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Hi,

Yes we believe we have finally identified and fixed the issue, thank you for pointing it out!

We have also been working on another fix (concerning hotseat play).

We shall be able to send the new build to Apple sometime next week, so it won't take long now. I'll keep you posted.
jennersoft
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jennersoft »

Any update on this? It’s been bugging me for months as well and makes assault mostly suicidal unless the target is suppressed.
WayneCW

Post by WayneCW »

Is this going to be fixed? Kind of makes my purchase of this game a waste of money and time.
WayneCW

Post by WayneCW »

CAN WE HAVE A F###### UPDATE? I seriously can’t believe I wasted my money on this s###. Last Slitherine product I’ll buy. Wish I could get my f###### money back. You guys are a joke.
Last edited by zakblood on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out some words
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Hello Wayne,

As justified as your frustration is, please respect at least the other forum members by not using such language.

We are also not happy with the situation regarding this bug fix. The development team has had some issues that greatly reduced their ability to work on the game, but we WILL fix this bug. Should be soon but I will not give you a deadline I am not certain about.
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

@Tamas could we see that change the developers spoke of where the commonwealth forces get unlocked in multiplayer for the USA to have a chance at beating back the German Panthers?

It is frustrating to see this implementation of the game wither and die so slowly... so incredibly slowly... so painful slowly...

But I do have to give Tamas credit for responding! It seems like he would like things to improve. I wish he was steering the Slitherine Ship or could help turn things around some.

My thoughts: If Slitherine isn't going to put resources towards developing the product they should return the licence back to Devil Pig Games so another company can take a run a this. Like I don't see what is so hard about developing an established game system with client supplied art. It's a D6 system with various modifiers. A reasonable well rounded catalog of DLC for this game should have been out years ago but Slitherine sits on the licence. Slitherine releases Panther tanks for one side and a thin band of infantry for the other whilst they skipped out on units in the base game leaving it kinda in a half finished state (balance wise at least).

The game got featured in the recent digital board game steam sale so it appears they want sales but its like pulling hens teeth to find any development progress. I watch E3 and keep my eyes glued to the forums (here and steam) and its been pretty sparse out there for any news. That trailer for Xbox One was the only thing I have seen in quite some time. I voted with my wallet and got a copy of everything but short of posting on here... things are pretty dead.

I just keep playing the game in cardboard and enjoying myself immensely. I can't imagine what it must be like to be some of these folks with a bugged out digital copy and simply being unable to be played in any enjoyable fashion.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Thanks for your kind words Dusty, but I think the situation needs to be cleared up a bit:

we are the publisher of the game, not the developers. It is not our decision how much development/bug fixing time the game gets from its creators. The team has other things to work on as well to make a living, and how and why they have to prioritise things is something I couldn't divulge even if I was privy to it.

We don't like the present situation with this iOS issue any more than you do, but we also cannot really do more than hope the developers will find the problem and the solution (and time) to fix it.

We will not ignore the problem, and I am confident the team will eventually manage to solve it, but in the meantime, everything that could be said have been said. Subscribe to this thread as I'll update it as soon as I hear something.
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

Well that is good to know.

Slitherine = Publisher

Cat Rabbit
= Developer

Reviewing the Xbox One trailer you can see that Cat Rabbit is credited to it. So they are the one we are waiting on.

Devil Pig Games looks to have killed the video game adaptation section from their website that used to exist but with a little digging on the CatRabbit youtube channel you can find the original teaser from May 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAAqo9c_co

This if I recall correctly was originally a 1 man adaptation from an early demo video I can't find anymore. Is possible the team still one guy? If so that would explain his need to branch out and take other projects. I just assumed Slitherine was this big development company. I see them churning out all this cool war game content. Huh!

Well I will stay tuned :-) Thanks for these updates Tamas :-)

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”