Why don't you give us a choice where to install DLC?

Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Why don't you give us a choice where to install DLC?

Post by Rosseau »

I intentionally installed SR base not under Program Files for a reason. So after purchasing the Weirdboy DLC today, it only gives me that place to install it.

So I have to uninstall everything and start over. It cost me $10 - but my time messing with this is much more valuable. Why was this done where we can't browse where to install the DLC? With all due respect - dumb.
Rosseau

Re: Why don't you give us a choice where to install DLC?

Post by Rosseau »

Even worse, why the hell can't we edit the DLC campaign missions in the editor? Works fine with the base game. And where are our Steam keys? Would have saved me a ton of time.

I've spent thousands of dollars over the past 20 years - you can check me out - and I am asking for a formal refund on the DLC. It's not about the money, it's about the total frustration I experienced this evening.

Thank you,

Mike Russo
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by VPaulus on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't post your key
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

As the installer doesn't install any game files, and only installs Windows registry keys, it doesn't actually install anything in the Program Files folder if you proceed with the installation. Regardless, this issue is now fixed, and a new installer will be available from the Member's Area by the end of the day.

Regarding the Steam key, the serial number provided, is already a Steam key, which can be used to activate the game on the Steam account without having to redeem a separate ley. It's like the base game key: you could activate it directly on Steam by using the serial number provided.
All games with a serial number in the format XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX can be activated directly on Steam.
Only games with the older formats, e.g. XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, need to have a separate key redeemed for Steam in order to activate the game on a Steam account.

Regarding the issue with the editor, I have asked the developer about this and will let you know when I hear back from them.
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

Hi Rosseau,

You should be able to edit the DLC levels. Just make sure you have turned debug mode on in config/system.txt, this will have been turned off when you updated.

Otherwise you can go into the editor and create a copy of the weirdboy campaign and make your changes that way instead of editing the base game files which might break multiplayer for you.

Cheers,

Gordon.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Sorry for the rant, gentlemen. It was late and I wanted to play the new Gettysburg game :wink:

Anyway, all my "issues" have been solved in a flash, and I again regret my short temper. I will try the editor tonight

Thank you,

Mike
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

There's something else going on with this DLC. Try OrksLanding yourself and see if you can make it work.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Rosseau
Can I just clarify - when you say "Try OrksLanding" - do you mean in the editor, or just playing the game ?

I finished a playthrough of that mission just the other day and it was fine for me (which is no consolation for you I know)

If you are having issues playing the mission please let us know and we'll look into it

regards
Ben Wilkins
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I can't edit any Weirdboy scenarios and then play them. The file is updated with the edits, but the changes do not show up in-game. With all other campaigns I copy folder to my documents, edit first campaign scenario, make copy of the original and place it in scenario folder (I do not play MP, so not worried about it). I've been doing this since Battle Academy. Also, Debug was on and not turned off with the updates.

So I'm asking you to see if you can edit (add a few units) and then play the Ork Landing scenario as a test. If you can, please post it for me.

P.S. - I can edit the .BSF text file a bit, so can still mod the scenarios to some extent.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Rosseau
Let me see if someone at Straylight can help

regards
Ben Wilkins
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

Hello Rosseau,

So in the weirdboy DLC there is a new campaign.rez file which has all the scenarios packed into it, it is part of a new system for content protection. So it is always loading the scenarios from that rez file which is why you do not see your modifications.

Sorry about that, the rez file was included by production so i wasn't aware of it.

I would suggest that you make a copy of of the campaign and play that instead of modifying the base game.

Cheers,

Gordon.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

So that explains that, and I know you are a bit busy at the moment.

But just so you know what's going on with your game: With the campaign in my documents, open a Weirdboy scenario in the editor and add a couple of units and save it. When I re-open it in the editor the changes don't stick. Now that's not WAD and needs to be fixed, right??
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Bump, Bump...who's there?

Still wondering about this. Also, hope you don't start locking down the game modding because of idiots stealing your work. Pirates will get around it anyway.

Thank you for an answer when you can.

Mike Russo
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Editing core scenarios is a pretty edge case pursuit, but we will take a look at how we can allow it. It may be an oversight at our end, or it could be a specific decision, I confess I can't recall. Sorry that you have not gotten a solid answer as yet.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Hi Pip,

It worked in the base game campaigns (Storm Claw, etc.), which is the reason I bring it up. But further up the thread, dev said some changes were made. But still feel we should be able to open the DLC scenarios in the editor and make changes as we paid for the content.

Admittedly, most people just play the campaigns and move on. So any significant work would be better spent on the oft-mentioned skirmish selection limits that annoy some people. But here's the rub: in the editor we can include every unit in the game. And it would be a lot easier if we didn't have to create a scenario from scratch to do this.

Thanks.

Return to “Sanctus Reach Tech Support”