Campaign Game Ends at Turn 11 of 31

A place to discuss the upcoming hex-based Civil War simulation from Shenandoah Studio
DaShox
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Campaign Game Ends at Turn 11 of 31

Post by DaShox »

I have played the "Campaign" from both sides - each time the game has ended at Turn 11 (of 31). Am I mis-understanding what the "Campaign" is suppose to be? I'm assuming it is all 3 days.
uxbridge
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Campaign Game Ends at Turn 11 of 31

Post by uxbridge »

This happened for me too, pre-patch, I may add. I was playing the CSA. I assumed it was I who had chosen the wrong scenario at start.
uxbridge
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uxbridge »

Japp, same result. Played Campaign for CSA. After turn 11 the game ends. It was a confederate victory. Does this count as an Campaign Victory; i.e. no further battle takes place? It could of course make some sense, even though it is a little disappointing. Or is it some kind of bug?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

If either side meets their victory conditions at the end of either Day 1 or Day 2, then they get an early victory. If neither or both sides meet the conditions then it's a "draw" for that day and the campaign carries on into the next day.

Do you guys have a save or screenshot of the victory conditions at the point where it feels like it went wrong?
uxbridge
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uxbridge »

No, there's no problem in that case. I simply reached my victory conditions.

It,s a little disheartening, though, because the Union side was by no means defeated other than by points. I would much prefer if there could be an option at this stage to either (1) accept the win, or (2) forfeit the victory and continue the battle into the next day. In the last case, the game-system will think the recently played day was a draw.

An alternative to this (if easier to implement) could be a specific campaign where victory is never established until at the end of three days. Drawback would be that one had to play on in cases where a win or a loss is since long established.

As it is now, playing the CSA, one have to avoid the Victory Hexes if one wants to play a long game.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

yes, that's one feature we look to introduce in the next patch, to continue even if the victory conditions were met.
uxbridge
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uxbridge »

Marvellous! :lol:
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

I strongly favor allowing the campaign to continue and not end on Day 1 regardless of objectives held or points accumulated. I've had campaigns end at Turn 11 both as CSA and USA, admittedly playing at easy level. The objective hexes are really arbitrary; what mattered in the actual event was whether one side or the other got driven from the field. In the game situation I would settle for a simple points superiority deciding the battle.
BobbyS53
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by BobbyS53 »

Please spread out the victory objectives, maybe Little and Big Round top should be objectives also.
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

Here's something odd -- playing USA vs AI CSA Round Top is not a victory hex. However, playing a FTF game it is a victory hex.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Chodan wrote:Here's something odd -- playing USA vs AI CSA Round Top is not a victory hex. However, playing a FTF game it is a victory hex.
You sure it was the same scenario? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to differ.
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

Both scenarios were definitely the campaign, however I was in the second day of the ftf game and hadn't gotten that far in the game as USA vs. AI. I wonder if Round Top gets added as an objective on the second day?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Yea, that was it. Objectives change in turn 11 and 22. Some get disabled and others are activated.
I think 3 objectives change in turn 11 and 4 in turn 22.

Return to “Gettysburg: The Tide Turns”