Hardest DLC?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Hardest DLC?

Kriegsmarine
14%
Blitzkrieg
20%
Winter War
46%
Rising Sun
No votes
U.S Pacific
No votes
U.S Marines
9%
Morning Sun
11%

Total votes: 35

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Hardest DLC?

Post by best75 »

I am wondering for those of you that played most of the dlc what the hardest one is?
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Hardest DLC?

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I don't have winter war or Kreigsmarine yet but those might be harder than what I voted for cause I dunno yet cause i haven't play them yet.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Still havent played them all. Difficulty seems even until now. Might come back to this. But I liked Blitzkrieg easily the best.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

I played all and the hardest is Winter War anyway
Especially 2 scenarios from 1944
I vote for Winter War
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

kondi754 wrote:I played all and the hardest is Winter War anyway
I vote for Winter War
Okay, it is settled then. Nobody can argue with the man who plays on the highest difficulty just for the pain of it. Show's over, move on. Nothing to see here. :mrgreen:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Andy2012 wrote:
kondi754 wrote:I played all and the hardest is Winter War anyway
I vote for Winter War
Okay, it is settled then. Nobody can argue with the man who plays on the highest difficulty just for the pain of it. Show's over, move on. Nothing to see here. :mrgreen:
No, no...
I'm curious what other people think, so you have to vote! :)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

kondi, I play on wimpy middle difficulty. :( But I figure that evens the playing field anyway, so I will opine that Morning Sun was the most difficult in my experience.
- Bru
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Morning Sun is a campaign where I participated in Beta tests for the first time.
I remember it seemed to me incredibly difficult at that time.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

bru888 wrote:kondi, I play on wimpy middle difficulty. :( But I figure that evens the playing field anyway, so I will opine that Morning Sun was the most difficult in my experience.
hey now, you are making some of us other wimps feel wimpy too. There is nothing wimpy about the default middle setting (I hope not anyways) :cry:
Wimpy is setting it to easiest which probably means the enemy always splits in half and has their own civil war while the human eats pretzels and watches the fight.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GiveWarAchance wrote:Wimpy is setting it to easiest which probably means the enemy always splits in half and has their own civil war while the human eats pretzels and watches the fight.
What I think happens is that starting enemy unit strengths (unless overridden in scenario design) are dialed back to 6 on easy, 8 on the next level, 10 in the middle, then 12, then 14 for the masochists among us. Some scenarios are designed with a trigger to look at the difficulty setting and do certain things accordingly. Anything else that I missed regarding the difficulty setting? Please post if so.
- Bru
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I don't know about hard, but I found US Marines to be extremely frustrating. That first scenario is hugely tedious with so many non-combat, non-core units to juggle around, and then the second scenario just slaps you in the face with campaign ending defeat if you don't know the enemy advance routes in advance and make a mistake in deploying your defensive perimeter wrong. That's a kind of hard, but not one I personally like, I never actually finished that campaign.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Kerensky wrote:I don't know about hard, but I found US Marines to be extremely frustrating. That first scenario is hugely tedious with so many non-combat, non-core units to juggle around, and then the second scenario just slaps you in the face with campaign ending defeat if you don't know the enemy advance routes in advance and make a mistake in deploying your defensive perimeter wrong. That's a kind of hard, but not one I personally like, I never actually finished that campaign.
Exactly my experience. Dont want these endless missions, anything above 35 turns is mostly boring. But with my excessive saving, I managed to survive Guadalcanal in the first try. Good to have you around here, Kerensky. :D
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Kerensky, I'm the other one who voted for US Marines as hardest. I think it is a good campaign, just hard in many ways. I am notorious for having supply problems. I really like the Pacific War so I like to play any game I can about it and I like books and documentaries about it. It was a lovely war.
carth
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by carth »

I have played and completed all except U.S. Pacific (since that was my first) on hardest setting. I think U.S. Marines was the hardest, but Blitzkrieg is a close 2nd. Had to restart campaigns multiple times. My favorite has been winter war.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

As of now I am going with the Winter War as the hardest. Until the last few scenarios I was unable to purchase tanks which meant I had to rely on capture equipment. The soviets had tanks like KVs which are better than anything the Fins can get that I had a lot of trouble destroying.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I´ve played them all on the hardest diff (and never on any lower diff) and I would say Winter War was the hardest one.

I must add that Guadalcanal in the Marines was hard (but very fun).
pkager
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by pkager »

Winter War for sure. The Soviets have tons of tanks and you need to know the enemies lines of advance to have any shot at all. I'm on third scenario and making slow progress.
BSvennis
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by BSvennis »

I have only played a few campaigns so far but Winter War is certainly challenging. Often you are short on Resource Points too, and then the tanks appear, oops!
I have learnt the hard way that you really need to back up your poor infantry with a few AT-guns, it is worth it.
Great campaign though :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I don’t see Endsieg that for me is very difficult without imported Core.
cutydt02
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by cutydt02 »

1st: winter war. No doubt with poor rps and equipment. Defending many points before waves after waves soviet tanks
2nd: US marines. Endless jungle, ambushed everywhere by enemy snipers, mines and bombers. Maybe its not that hard but moving step by step in deep jungle for hours really makes me sick
Blitzkrieg or panzerkrieg really has its challenge at some first scenarios while kriegmarine is harder naval battles than any at pacific war

Return to “Order of Battle Series”