OoB Axis Corps

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

OoB Axis Corps

Post by terminator »

Hi,
I will post in this topic all the new scenario playable with axis.

Here is a preview of the next scenario (of course it is not the definitive version):
preview (2).jpg
preview (2).jpg (93.09 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
It seems that Erik did not make this scenario yet.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: OoB Axis Corps

Post by Erik2 »

terminator

I plan to do all the scenarios in the German campaigns. I have just been waiting for more German (and Soviet) unit types. So expect an update on my Blitzkrieg 41-42 campaign after the next game update v 4.x.

I don't mind anyone else converting the same scenarios, but maybe it would be better for the community that we don't duplicate our efforts?
Anyway, I intend to stay away from the Russian campaign :D
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi Erik,
I did not well understand : Have you already made this map ?
In any case I am going to finish this map, too bad if it exists double there.
I examined, two other maps interest me :
- Advance on Murmansk(Platinfuchs) (user-made PG2)
- Westerplatte (user-made PG1 !)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Don't think I've done that particular one.

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a naval campaign.

After that I plan to convert the rest of the Germany 42 East-scenarios and add these to my Blitzkrieg 41-42;
Novoanninsky, Buzinovska Depot, Storming Stalingrad, Stalingrad Docks, Stalingrad Ruins, Kotelnikovo, Eascape From Stalingrad and Tatsinskaya.

That is, provided I have all the unit types that are needed.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

If you don't have this map (Athens), you can use it in your campaign if you want.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

terminator wrote:If you don't have this map (Athens), you can use it in your campaign if you want.
Please post the Athens scenario and I'll take a look at it.
Is it an original official PzC scenario or a user-made one?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It's a scenario of nikivdd (More Panzer Content) : http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=43224
Very good scenario, lots of scenario to add to your campaign...
The maps seem to be a little bigger than the official scenario (very good map designer), better for the conversion to OoB.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Prepare your troops...
Athens2.jpg
Athens2.jpg (377.38 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The next scenario will be the battle of...
Title.jpg
Title.jpg (67.58 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

When will you release the scenarios?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Hi best75,
The first scenario can be delivered in a few days. I have one concerns for a secondary objective but it is not very important.
For the second scenario, the map and the primary and secondary objectives are made.
It remains to place the units. If you want to beta-test it can require a few days ?
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

terminator wrote:Hi best75,
The first scenario can be delivered in a few days. I have one concerns for a secondary objective but it is not very important.
For the second scenario, the map and the primary and secondary objectives are made.
It remains to place the units. If you want to beta-test it can require a few days ?
Hi
Yes, I have some time to be able to beta-test the scenario.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The Soviet Air Force and the DCA are placed :
Raseiniai(preview).jpg
Raseiniai(preview).jpg (113.76 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
Next step, will be the Soviet Armor Force with the famous KV-2 at Raseiniai.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Drive on Athens (first release) in available.

Preview :
Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (108.67 KiB) Viewed 4620 times
Objectives :
Objectives.jpg
Objectives.jpg (49.63 KiB) Viewed 4620 times
The link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7yxjs44c ... .01%29.zip
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Hi terminator,
played "Athens v1.01" at mid. difficulty just now. First of all, it's a pity that you don't link your scenarios in the "stickies" threads at the beginning of "scenario design", I found this one by accident only.

The overall gameplay was a little like the Petsamo scenario - quite easy (maybe because this was one of your early works). The map is quite good and I felt like the posibilities were not fully utilized. At least for me, many positions should be heavily reinforced.

I get that it's a defensive scenario also, but there was still room for counterattacks IMO. Especially around Thebes, with enough open terrain and the 3 tanks waiting. The exposed static AT is uneffective there and should support the infatry around the city. The tanks could have attacked as a combined force (with some of the infantry) as soon as I took the city. The way they are now, they just wait around to be attacked - and one of them was even idle most of the time. There could have been at least one arty northeast of Chalcis (safe position with AA).

The tanks around Corinth were excellently placed with my two paratroopers there only - I had to chose to either attack or wait for reinforcements. (the paratrooper-no-supply-bug made it difficult)

And as for your quite exposed arty placement, I'm quite torn, to be honest. On the one hand, the large distance makes them hard to spot beforehand and they're still well in range to support the important positions (maybe good for a human player who knows when to retreat :wink: ), but on the other hand makes them incredibly vulnerable to air and flanking attacks.

The Athen's defensive position was difficult to judge, because by the time I got there, I had plenty of RP to spare and could just overrun them.

And I don't know why exactly, but the enemy attack planes were kind of useless (see the replay for yourself)

I'll attach a replay, if interested.

- As far as I can tell, all triggers, opjectives, popups worked fine, except the "Piraeus" popup had no pic.

As always this are only my opinions and as always THANKS :D for a good time (even if it may sound like I'll complain a lot, I'll always enjoy new content! :) )
Attachments
ReplayAthens_GK.rar
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Screenshot 22.jpg
Screenshot 22.jpg (416.42 KiB) Viewed 4057 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Thank you for the feedback :)
GabeKnight wrote:First of all, it's a pity that you don't link your scenarios in the "stickies" threads at the beginning of "scenario design", I found this one by accident only.
For me , this scenario was not finished.
GabeKnight wrote:The overall gameplay was a little like the Petsamo scenario - quite easy (maybe because this was one of your early works).
I don't like to do too difficult scenario and an easy scenario is more quickly tested than a difficult scenario.
GabeKnight wrote:The map is quite good and I felt like the posibilities were not fully utilized.
You're right.
There are two histocal events I wanted to add :
- the Greek battleship Kilkis
- the Evacuation of Empire forces (not Dark Vador :wink: )
There are two secondary objectives which raised me a problem :
- the British airforce
- operation Brücke
GabeKnight wrote:At least for me, many positions should be heavily reinforced.
You're right, will be done.
GabeKnight wrote:I'll attach a replay, if interested.
I will look your replay.
GabeKnight wrote:- As far as I can tell, all triggers, opjectives, popups worked fine, except the "Piraeus" popup had no pic.
Will be corrected (I confused the name of the image with the title of the event).
GabeKnight wrote:(even if it may sound like I'll complain a lot, I'll always enjoy new content! :) )
No problem, I appreciate constructive feedback but I count on you to test the following version :wink:
GabeKnight wrote:(the paratrooper-no-supply-bug made it difficult)
What is it :?:

To be continued...
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: For me , this scenario was not finished.
GabeKnight wrote:The overall gameplay was a little like the Petsamo scenario - quite easy (maybe because this was one of your early works).
I don't like to do too difficult scenario and an easy scenario is more quickly tested than a difficult scenario.
Well, Kursk and Omaha were really good ones and I wouldn't consider them "easy"...
But I didn't know this was still a work in progress, so just adding some more units and replacing or/and switching some positions could be enough.
terminator wrote:
GabeKnight wrote: GabeKnight wrote:
(the paratrooper-no-supply-bug made it difficult)

What is it :?:
It's been reported before: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=81058
(no supply stash after been cut off supply or being deployed behind enemy lines)
So I couldn't fight back as the tank took my supply hex. My forces were on the advantageous river bank, but I forgot about the bug...
terminator wrote:No problem, I appreciate constructive feedback but I count on you to test the following version :wink:
You bet! :D
But please bear in mind that I'm always commenting the scenarios in terms of gameplay aspects only, I'm not that interested in history details and actual historic accuracies like many others may be.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”