Short Questions and Answers

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Short Questions and Answers

Post by Cfant »

Hi,

instead of opening a thread for every question, I start a short questions thread. Other beginners might find it helpful, too.

I watched 2 AARs of the Grand Campaign lately. In both, the player got a recon-plane on the first mission. I tried several times, but never got one. In the briefings, both players had an info about SE and experience cap, in my briefings there is no such info. I've also read, you get tanks in warsaw which you can keep. I took all hexes in that scenario, but only got an arty. NightPhoenix in his AAR seems to have Videos after each scenario, I don't... I wonder, if I need a patch or if I have the actual version of the GC-DLC?
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Short Questions and Answers

Post by Yrfin »

1. In first scenario you got a Ju 87 Recon (Rudel) Spot+2.
2. First briefing: SE limit 2. Exp cap 225. You can reread briefing in-game: press Ctrl-M (Message).
3. Only 4 10.5 Art in Warsaw (only one Core), not tanks. You got Pz 38(t) with hero in Modlin (turn 2).
Last edited by Yrfin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When im died - I must be a killed.
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Well, I didn't get an JU87... There is one at the very beginning, but without hero. I never got a second (although I bought one).

And at the briefing, you can see: no such info (screenshot). I didn't get a tank at modlin, but didn't take all cities, maybe I missed the right one. But NightPhoenix also got Gebirgsjäger at Lodz - me not. So something goes wrong, I guess?
Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (228.25 KiB) Viewed 5122 times
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

The recon Rudel unit should appear at the start of turn 2 at the far left edge of the map. There should also be a pop-up window that you can't miss. Many of the "special reinforcement" units arrive on turn 2. I won't say when in case you're trying to avoid spoilers.
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by turn4441 »

1. The recon plane should appear at the beginning of your second turn in the Poznan scenario.
2. At the start of the DLC's, there should be a sentence at the end of the first briefing that articulates the SE and experience cap for that DLC. Your problem may have something to do with having a combination of German and English words in the briefing. It should be either all English or all German (or the other 2 languages you can choose). For example, the header says 'Nachrichten' instead of 'Messages' but the message is in English. Perhaps that file is corrupted? Do you have any of the other GC DLC's? If so, do you have the same problem with them? A patch may help or possibly reinstalling. Latest I'm aware of is Version 1.31. I'd try that and if it doesn't help, contact support.
3. There are no tanks to get in Warsaw. However, you can capture 4 artillery units but only 1 of them is a core unit which will advance to the next scenario if not destroyed. There are numerous other capturable units throughout the DLC's and many/most are listed somewhere in the forums, but they may be hard to find. Some can be found in the Capturable Units thread of the FAQ sticky section.
4. You can save a replay of your game at the final splash screen where it tells you that you got a 'Decisive Victory', etc. Instead of clicking 'Proceed' to go to the next scenario, click the button on the right which is 'Save Replay'. Save it with whatever name you want, then you will go back and can 'Proceed' to the next scenario. To see your replay, go to the 'Load Game' screen. At the top right there should be a tab that says 'Replays' that you click to see a list of your saved replays. You can then load one and view it using the control buttons below the 'next turn hourglass' in the upper right. Also, if you didn't save replays at the end of previous scenarios, you can still do so if you saved your game during the scenario. Load the save, finish the game, create the replay as above and you should have a replay of the entire scenario. Obviously, this is handiest if you have a save at, or near, the end of the game to use so as to not having to replay a lot of the game. Of course, if you only want the part up to the save, you can load the save, use a cheat code to end the scenario, then create the replay as above.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I think you might be playing with 1.14 rules, and I think that was before the heroes were added, so update to latest patch and play with 1.24 rules and you should get all heroes at appointed times.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

To test I installed it on my laptop, same problem. I installes PC 1.0, then PC 1.3. Then GC 1.0

Update search says, I have the most actual version. Ingame it shows version 1.3. When I start GC, I choose game rules new (1.20). The game starts, I can play, but still no message on turn 2 and no plane given to me...

Any idea?
hs1611
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by hs1611 »

I think that the update/patch (1.30) should be installed last.

Just download the patch (here - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=74137) and install it again.

Hope it works.
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

You, Sir, should be awarded the iron cross or something :D it worked. Thanks a lot!
hs1611

Post by hs1611 »

Glad to be able to help.
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

one more question: how are trenches seen? Are they close terrain (on clear hexes)?
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. There is no 'trench' terrain type. The closest would be a fortification. When a unit entrenches in any kind of terrain, it is only shown by the number next to the shovel in the unit information box shown on the right of the screen when you select or hover over a unit (it is also listed if you bring up the unit information screen). A unit with an entrenchment of 8 looks exactly like a unit with an entrenchment of 0. Only swamp, bocage, forest, thick forest, hills, mountains, high mountains, city, port, and jungle hexes are close terrain no matter how much a unit is entrenched. A clear terrain hex is never a close terrain hex no matter how much entrenchment a unit there has. However, entrenching in clear terrain does give the unit a defensive bonus.
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

You are right, they are called fortifications. I found it now, seems not to change terrain into close terrain. I wondered, if my tanks can stand there without a malus :)
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Hi!

Another question: I read, you disband your SE units if weak in order to get a more valuable SE-unit. I always get infantry ;) but I found no button to disband or sell it?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Are you talking the DLC's 39 - 45?
Or the regular games, Afrika Korps, Allied Corps, or Vanilla Campaign, or Soviet Corps?
goose_2

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 »

Cfant wrote:Hi!

Another question: I read, you disband your SE units if weak in order to get a more valuable SE-unit. I always get infantry ;) but I found no button to disband or sell it?
I think you can only disband a unit if it is still in your reserve list (not already deployed on the map). All you have to do is click the unit in your reserve list and then hit the "D" key. You should see a pop-up window asking you to confirm the delete.

As an additional FYI - there are no types of SE tanks available until the '40 scenario since the lowest SE tank you can get is the Pz IIIF. The Pz IIIF is not available until that point. So, through '39, you'll have to either take the infantry units or disband them & wait. You could also hold on to them and use them until the start of the '40 scenario, disbanding them only then to free up the SE slots. This can be a bit of a downer though if the unit has a good amount of experience or managed to snag a decent first hero. Good luck!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

TSPC37730 wrote:

I think you can only disband a unit if it is still in your reserve list (not already deployed on the map). All you have to do is click the unit in your reserve list and then hit the "D" key. You should see a pop-up window asking you to confirm the delete.

As an additional FYI - there are no types of SE tanks available until the '40 scenario since the lowest SE tank you can get is the Pz IIIF. The Pz IIIF is not available until that point. So, through '39, you'll have to either take the infantry units or disband them & wait. You could also hold on to them and use them until the start of the '40 scenario, disbanding them only then to free up the SE slots. This can be a bit of a downer though if the unit has a good amount of experience or managed to snag a decent first hero. Good luck!

I have gotten SE Tanks in 39 before.
It can happen once you hit the Norwegian Missions, that is when Pz3F's become available.
goose_2

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

TSPC37730 wrote:

You can disband a Unit anytime when it's your turn. But not after it has moved or fired !
You just don't get any refund once a unit is on the map and the scenario underway (Not sure what happens if you disband a deployed Unit in the Deployment Phase :lol: Seems pretty irrelevant since you can undeploy the unit first anyway)

That said this can be a valid option for the Volkssturm Users in tight defensive Scenarios like in late 45
A Unit that is severly weakened and will get killed for sure next turn can be disbanded (without refund) but you can bring in a more valid Replacement for the Open Slot
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

thanks a lot for all the advice! not the "endsieg" is sure, I guess :D
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Are there any rules concerning weather? I'm playing Wiyasma in the GC-Campaign at the moment and six out of the first 8 turns were rain... wouldn't matter in any other scenario, as in any other of '41 a normal victory would be ok, but here I need a deceisive victory to get to moscow. I don't think that's realistic on a high difficulty level... so, is weather only by chance or has it some rules?

Return to “Panzer Corps”