Need Help with Modding Campaign

sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Need Help with Modding Campaign

Post by sillygoy »

Hello. I've been playing Sengoku Jidai recently and I am just loving it. I love it enough to set on making my own mod. So far I've learned how to modify and add units, and set their own custom portraits, although I haven't been making custom models and regimental textures just yet. I am using Paul59's revised Gempei War campaign as a base.

I just have some issues regarding unit purchases and raising armies on the map. These issues are:

-My overhauled Anti-Imperial army lists are given very low points to purchase units with in skirmishes - if Pro-Imperials get 800, I get 500 - 600 points.
-If I choose to increase the amount of points of the Anti-Imperial army list, it actually decreases instead
-I am unable to purchase units in skirmishes; it seems that the game is automatically purchasing units for me despite force selection being set to default. Or it simply isn't me letting me purchase anything and is giving only minimum units to deploy with.
-In the dynamic campaign, if I choose to automatically raise my armies in the first turn, they do so in 100-point stacks across all my provinces. This means I am unable to immediately attack as I must spend a few turns gathering my forces together.

And I think that's basically it. Any help fixing these would be much appreciated.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Need Help with Modding Campaign

Post by Paul59 »

It sounds like your revised army lists do not have enough units. The maximum number of units allowed in the list should equal more than 2000 points (or thereabouts, I'm not sure exactly how much it is). Otherwise you will get the weird effects that you have noticed.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sillygoy »

Yeah, I managed to fix that without knowing how exactly before your reply. Thank you the quick clarification.

So I'm getting into making models and textures for units now and I've noticed that Slitherine's 3ds script exports .s3f, not the .s4f I've seen in the game files. Will this be a problem?

Edit: Nevermind, after reading the documentation I found my answer. Still, is there any way to turn the .s4f files in the game into a format readable by 3ds Max? I want to have examples to follow when making my own regiments, since the 3d modeling video tutorials in the P&S forum are broken. Also, what are the animation calls for charges and combat? I've had no luck with [CHARGE00] or [ASSAULT00].
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

sillygoy wrote:is there any way to turn the .s4f files in the game into a format readable by 3ds Max?
Sadly not.
Also, what are the animation calls for charges and combat?
Currently there aren't any, because there aren't any charge or combat animations.

If you wanted to introduce such animations, you would have to add them to the scripts using AddVizAnim(id, anim, mask); or AddVizAnimNoWait(id, anim, mask);

(See BATTLESCRIPT.TXT in /Documents/My Games/SJIDAI/AUTODOCS)
Richard Bodley Scott

sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sillygoy »

I understand, thank you for replying. If there is no way to convert them, it is possible for me to pester you for a couple of .max files I could use for reference? Foot and cavalry of all 3 sizes, if that's okay with you.

Also, how do emitters work? I see no effects coming from my models in-game.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

sillygoy wrote:I understand, thank you for replying. If there is no way to convert them, it is possible for me to pester you for a couple of .max files I could use for reference? Foot and cavalry of all 3 sizes, if that's okay with you.

I know little about such things. Jayson knows more and can hopefully help you.
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

sillygoy wrote:I understand, thank you for replying. If there is no way to convert them, it is possible for me to pester you for a couple of .max files I could use for reference? Foot and cavalry of all 3 sizes, if that's okay with you.

I did not work with Max but Blender instead. I sent you a PM.
sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sillygoy »

I'm very happy that the devs have been helpful towards me, but I'm afraid I must ask for more assistance. I've added a couple of custom capabilities and written their corresponding effects in the code, but I've hit a wall with adding different unit types. I'm seeing an Error message that says,

"Could not find type TEST_FOOT in the proxytypes.txt"

I'd really much appreciate some help.

EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed it. Just had to move Terrain.txt one folder up :D. I should really read the Documentation more.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

sillygoy wrote:EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed it. Just had to move Terrain.txt one folder up :D. I should really read the Documentation more.
Yes, it is confusing that custom campaigns use a different file tree from the main build.

The key is to always refer to the diagram at the end of this document:

http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... tub_engine
Richard Bodley Scott

MathewCox
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by MathewCox »

I had the same issues regarding my mods, thanks for all the information!

Return to “Modders Corner”