A list of features for the next patch or DLC

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Tanaka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: A list of features for the next patch or DLC

Post by Tanaka »

Looks like there are some bugs to fix?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 04&t=73065
elmo3
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by elmo3 »

bjgrt wrote:
FarAway Sooner wrote:I'd love to see a "more spreadsheet-like view" of colonized planets that takes up the entire screen, where Planet Names are in the first column and other values (Planet Type, World Role, Population, Production, Orbital Production, Mineral Production / Unproduced Minerals) are in the other columns would be great. You'd want to be able to sort by any column.
It exists. There is a triangle "view" switch next to (and a bit down from) a gears picture on the "economy" screen.
Thanks! Just got the game the other day and I looked everywhere for the spreadsheet view that I kept seeing in Youtube videos. Wish that triangle was a lot more visible!
SilasOfBorg
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SilasOfBorg »

The forum has been pretty quiet lately.

Is development still being done? I really enjoy the game as it is and am still figuring out little strategies / tips, but ufnv hinted at more to come.
Medway

Post by Medway »

He posted over at Steam that the DLC/Update is closer to release but no ETA given yet.
Last edited by Medway on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilasOfBorg

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Thanks Medway! I'm tickled that there is still ongoing development.
Medway

Post by Medway »

SilasOfBorg wrote:Thanks Medway! I'm tickled that there is still ongoing development.
Likewise. He just posed two (very short) videos on his channel showing off a couple of new weapon warheads.
JosEPhII

Post by JosEPhII »

The game with the 1.05b patch is still broken and buggy. Is this ever going to be fixed so the game is playable? The main forum is dead it would seem and you have to dig deep to find this thread still somewhat alive.

I'm already tired of "Ghost" Pirate fighters over my planet from an early battle lost to a superior Pirate fleet that then will not let you build a new ship big or fighter to fight the 1-4 heavily damaged "Ghost" Pirate ships that might even be 1 to 4 of your own destroyed fighters from the lost battle. Every ship on the planet that come to completion is not displayed on the main screen but instead becomes a Red colored "Time???" build that is neither suspended nor allowed to be deployed. just blocks all other qued production projects. This is a Major Bug that needs fixed asap.

I just bought the game last week. Guess I should've read more reviews but I'm a Sci-fi strategy game nut. So now it appears I've wasted $40 of hard earned money on a broken game that is taking forever to fix obvious problems. :( :oops:

And this game could've been Good too!
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

JosEPhII wrote:I'm already tired of "Ghost" Pirate fighters over my planet from an early battle lost to a superior Pirate fleet that then will not let you build a new ship big or fighter to fight the 1-4 heavily damaged "Ghost" Pirate ships that might even be 1 to 4 of your own destroyed fighters from the lost battle. Every ship on the planet that come to completion is not displayed on the main screen but instead becomes a Red colored "Time???" build that is neither suspended nor allowed to be deployed. just blocks all other qued production projects. This is a Major Bug that needs fixed asap.
Don't really understand why do you call the ships "Ghosts" - from the description it doesn't seem so. After a battle some of looser's (damaged) fighters are "picked up" by winner - this is a feature, not a bug. And you can't build ships under blockade - this is also a (quite logical) feature.
Yes, you are probably stack in that particular situation, but not all the games should be winnable. You can replay the battle (isn't there an autosave right before it?). You can start over and pay the tribute pirates are requesting. You can start over and turn off pirates like I do (and turn off the "external threat" too - you wont like it).

JosEPhII wrote:I just bought the game last week. Guess I should've read more reviews but I'm a Sci-fi strategy game nut. So now it appears I've wasted $40 of hard earned money on a broken game that is taking forever to fix obvious problems. :( :oops:
Don't see any of your posts there. Not saying that the support is any good, but you've had to try before complaining.
crimsonsun
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by crimsonsun »

The ghost fleets sound like captured fighters that are left behind by the AI due to a lack of transport space.

Red coloured time for completion means your lacking a resource and cannot finish the build or you've got either civil unrest or the AI has destroyed your orbital platforms so you can no longer build corvettes at that location. Try to build a space station or a fighter and see what happens if its resources of unrest then it wont build but if its a lack or orbital platforms it will. Basically if an AI hostile fleet has entered a system without defences it will destroy your orbital platforms automatically so you can no longer build FTL capiable vessels.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

crimsonsun wrote:Red coloured time for completion means your lacking a resource and cannot finish the build or you've got either civil unrest or the AI has destroyed your orbital platforms so you can no longer build corvettes at that location.
In this case it most likely means you can't build ships on a "blockaded" planet and need to brake the blockade first (from the outside). It's too bad if you have only one planet and no military fleet left - you are stack. I understand where the design decision is coming from, but may be it needs some adjustments, may be in the DLC.
However, I'm not sure we are going to see the DLC in a feasible future. Most importantly, I'm not sure if I want that particular DLC - don't care about most of the features in the (provided) list.
crimsonsun

Post by crimsonsun »

bjgrt wrote:
crimsonsun wrote:Red coloured time for completion means your lacking a resource and cannot finish the build or you've got either civil unrest or the AI has destroyed your orbital platforms so you can no longer build corvettes at that location.
However, I'm not sure we are going to see the DLC in a feasible future. Most importantly, I'm not sure if I want that particular DLC - don't care about most of the features in the (provided) list.
What do you mean by a feasible future, as far as I was aware a lot of the work for this had been done and its was mostly about finishing off the in game text for all the new stuff and races, which I could imagine would get pretty mind numbing but shouldn't be too long a process as long as you keep at it. I've got mixed interest in the features as well but I know I'd get use out of them enough that I'd grab a DLC and just consider anything I'm not fussed about a bonus.

Return to “Polaris Sector”