Why MV on messina?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Why MV on messina?

Post by best75 »

I am confused. For the messina scenario in GC 42-43 I had 18 units on the italian mainland but only got MV
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Why MV on messina?

Post by TSPC37730 »

I don't think the AA units & forts count towards the total of 18. It's only ground units which you evacuate that count.
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

TSPC37730 wrote:I don't think the AA units & forts count towards the total of 18. It's only ground units which you evacuate that count.
I don't think so either and iirc only Italian GROUND Units Count. (<--- not sure about that)

And if the Screenshot is relevant for the final outcome, you have no 18 Units (i See just 16 icons) at all on the mainland (which is in the East)

Is it possible you look to the wrong side of the map, as there are exactly 19 Units in Sicily ?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I don't count 18 ground units on the Italian mainland :
Italy.JPG
Italy.JPG (61.8 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
Last edited by terminator on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Well, I think there is a bug in the victory condition.
IDS_SCEN_AXIS_CAM_OBJECTIVES <i>Decisive Victory:</i><br/>Bring at least 18 total GROUND units to the Italian mainland to the East AND hold at least five objectives.<br/><br/><i>Marginal Victory:</i><br/>Hold at least five objectives(file Messina.pzloc open with Notepad++)
To have a Decisive Victory you must "Bring at least 18 total GROUND units to the Italian mainland to the East". The Italian mainland to the East = Zone 10 (you can edit the file "Messina.pzscn").
Here you can see the victory conditions :
CaptureBug.JPG
CaptureBug.JPG (71.08 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
The correct victory condition should be :
CaptureBug2.JPG
CaptureBug2.JPG (69.24 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
I don't know if there a unit filter for the 18 units ?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Same bug with the script for the bonus units:
Bonus(2).JPG
Bonus(2).JPG (40.12 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
The units bonus :
Bonus.JPG
Bonus.JPG (135.55 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
I will see to make a correct scenario but wait until tomorrow :!:
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

I have had decisive victory on that scenario recently so the prescence of a bug is surprising.
hurly

Post by hurly »

The 18 evacuated Units trigger the 2 Bonus Air Units, but you still have to hold the Victory Hexes til the End.

So if you don't get the 2 Planes at some Point Evacuation is not complete
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Ok, there is finally no bug. :?
If Number of allied flags in primary objectives is less than 3 (there is 7 primary objectives in Sicily -> axis have to hold 5 primary objectives)
And
If Number of axis units (All ground) in zone 10(Italian mainland to the East) is more than 17 (=18 units)
Then
the 2 bonus planes named Exp... are going to appear :
BugII(1).JPG
BugII(1).JPG (76.2 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
If the 2 bonus planes named Exp... are present then script with display message and Decisive Victory :
BugII(2).JPG
BugII(2).JPG (78 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
Saddened for best75 but there is no excuse for having no decisive victory :wink:
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

I just realized what I did wrong. Only ground units count toward that number
I thought air units count towards the number.
I feel like idiot for missing that.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Well, it was an interesting study of a trigger.
best75 wrote: I just realized what I did wrong. Only ground units count toward that number
I thought air units count towards the number.
I feel like idiot for missing that.
You will make hundred pumps to be forgiven :wink:
fullmetal-20090923.jpg
fullmetal-20090923.jpg (24.38 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

Although recently I got DV on that scenario; it was a test as usually i disband all the italian units for prestige before that scenario. I dont think you get that much use out of the two bonus units so in future I would probably go for the MV anyway
hurly

Post by hurly »

hugh2711 wrote: I dont think you get that much use out of the two bonus units so in future I would probably go for the MV anyway
a Ta 152 Fighter with Def+4/Spot+1 Hero
and a Do 335 Tac Bomber with Att+3/Move+3 Hero

These are 2 Elite Units way ahead of their Time Window and you can keep them unchanged til Sealion 45 while they are still very effective

I don't think you can buy anything similar to them with all that Prestige gathered via disband
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

hurly wrote:a Ta 152 Fighter with Def+4/Spot+1 Hero
and a Do 335 Tac Bomber with Att+3/Move+3 Hero

These are 2 Elite Units way ahead of their Time Window and you can keep them unchanged til Sealion 45 while they are still very effective

I don't think you can buy anything similar to them with all that Prestige gathered via disband
This was definitely the intent. For players who didn't just cash out all those Italian AUX units, and played along to bring them along for several scenarios, keeping them alive along the way and not just using them as fodder, I wanted to create an extra special reward well above and beyond something like a large prestige injection.

As for the trigger, I'm glad to hear nothing is broken. By the way, your suggested fix would be potentially dangerous, because checking for exactly 18 units fails if the player goes above the 18 unit requirement. As discovered above, the victory trigger isn't at all directly related to units evacuated to the mainland. If it was, the game would not have time to process this success, instead only straight up ending the scenario on the spot.

The way the triggers are engineered, the bonus units are the ones who are checked for, and the bonuses only appear when the evacuation number is met or exceeded, thus giving time for the units and their message to appear.

Lastly, the triggers are configured for needing ground units, but the briefing to the scenario also states, in bold and caps, that:
<p><b>Your objective is to evacuate 18 or more GROUND units to the Italian mainland to the East.</b> Any combination of CORE or AUXILIARY units counts towards this total.</p>
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I suppose that the present four units from the beginning on the Italian mainland (2 Forts and 2 Flakvierling 38) count in the total of 18 units if they survive.
I have not played this scenario yet but I think that the formulation of the objective can be confusing :
"Your objective is to evacuate 18 or more GROUND units to the Italian mainland to the East".I understand that it is necessary to transfer 18 units from Sicily to Italian mainland by not counting the present units from the beginning on the Italian mainland.
A better formulation could be : "Your objective is to evacuate most units to the East to have 18 or more GROUND units on the Italian mainland" (?)
ItalyMainland.JPG
ItalyMainland.JPG (187.13 KiB) Viewed 3561 times

Return to “Panzer Corps”