I am quite pesimistic about this game...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Musketeer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

I am quite pesimistic about this game...

Post by Musketeer »

For now it seems like another 2D legend ruined by 3D... Players don't need another 3D game a la Blitzkrieg 3 in turn-based! If you want great game clone ideas from Open General! Adding 3D and making PC2 runnable just on machines with 65536 graphics cards is not gonna cut it for many hardcore fans of strategy and wargaming... ! Another great example of 2D game is winSPWW2 - game needs cca 50-60 MB RAM and runs on anything today! And whats worst - they speak just about graphics and engine, not AI in first place, which should be THE MOST important things, not friggin rendered ass of Nazi on Tiger!
OpT1mUs
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: I am quite pesimistic about this game...

Post by OpT1mUs »

I agree. While I prefer 2D , 3D would be fine if it was something easy on resources, but Unreal 4 ? For a wargame?
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

Stop 3D!
It will ruin Panzen Corps !

Developers look silly, doing turn-based war game like 3D shooter.
Panzer Corps 2 expects the sad fate like Panzer Generals 3D.:(
When im died - I must be a killed.
VampiRos
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by VampiRos »

How do you know that? Just wait for more infos...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We understand your concerns and completely agree that if not done right 3D could hinder not help. That's why Alex is spending a lot of time making sure we don't introduce any problems visually or gameplay wise. Trust us on this and we're sure you won't be disappointed.
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

I don't want the developers "spending a lot of time making sure we don't introduce any problems" as a result of 3D. That's a lot of time wasted that would be better spent improving AI, making more scenarios, etc.

3D is the death of a good 2D game. Sorry, I know you'll try your best, but 3D is a massive diversion of developer effort that is never rewarded, in my opinion, by any improvement in the game. Civ series and Paradox games all took a nosedive with the move to 3D.

Unity of Command and Battle of the Bulge are masterpieces of clean, immersive, integrated art direction and design. (Alas, looks like even UoC is going down the 3D path) They are picture-perfect 2D games, and PC is not far off. 3D is a solution looking for a problem...

Shifting to 3D worsens performance, inevitably makes for a more complicated UI, makes modding much harder, and takes developer resources away from doing things that would actually improve gameplay and user experience.

I wish your announcement of this game had said "PC2: now with the most devious and dynamic AI ever created in a wargame -- matched with an unparalleled number of diverse scenarios crafted by the best designers in the business, with a branching campaign 3 times the size of the original."
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Sourdust wrote:I wish your announcement of this game had said "PC2: now with the most devious and dynamic AI ever created in a wargame -- matched with an unparalleled number of diverse scenarios crafted by the best designers in the business, with a branching campaign 3 times the size of the original."
Who knows? Your wish might well be granted. Let's wait for next announcements. ;)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

PzC run low in the existing formula. What else can you invent in order to interest to gamers?
I think the application of 3D technology is the only way of development of this game.
Personally, I focused on OoB, which for me is the number 1 now, so don't play in the PzC.
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

Rudankort wrote:
Sourdust wrote:I wish your announcement of this game had said "PC2: now with the most devious and dynamic AI ever created in a wargame -- matched with an unparalleled number of diverse scenarios crafted by the best designers in the business, with a branching campaign 3 times the size of the original."
Who knows? Your wish might well be granted. Let's wait for next announcements. ;)
Yes, I'll look forward to them eagerly! My point was that putting 3D graphics as the main selling point in the very first announcement, rather than other improvements, isn't a good sign. 3D for me is a negative, not a positive... I do hope other positives can reverse the strongly negative initial impression the announcement made for me...
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Strategy/Tactics gamer are not about 3D graphics, but about deepness and chaleenge, we are not FPS shooter players.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

3D graphics is not necessarily the main selling point (although it can be for some people), but we understood it was the most controversial, and we wanted to set the expectations straight from the very beginning.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Last week someone promised us next day pre-build of PanzerCorps.exe with attack sub bug support enabled and nothing still today. Well, you definitely set it - 3D engine ;).
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Rudankort wrote:3D graphics is not necessarily the main selling point (although it can be for some people), but we understood it was the most controversial, and we wanted to set the expectations straight from the very beginning.
When i hear 3D, perhaps there will be a meaning to front and rear armor of a unit after all. A combat outcome that will depend on the position of the units firing at eachother.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Developers we will inform you straight away: we do not care about 3D, but great AI and game. DO NOT burn 80-90 % of money on 3D! If PC2 has great AI with traditional graphics units, I shall still gladly play it! If you make it 3D I wont because I will NOT BUY new notebook because of it... Sorry!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Musketeer wrote:Strategy/Tactics gamer are not about 3D graphics, but about deepness and chaleenge, we are not FPS shooter players.
What can you invent, what new ideas suggest, if the new PzC was a two-dimensional?
Producer can't rely only on the old fans, but to develop he needs attract new customers.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Study carefully Open General + spWW2win...
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Musketeer wrote:Study carefully Open General + spWW2win...
I repeat: Producer can't rely only on the old fans, but to develop he needs attract new customers. :wink:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I think there will be a lot of people who will develop the PzC in the environment of 2D, like this people developed PzGen 2.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

kondi754 wrote:
I repeat: Producer can't rely only on the old fans, but to develop he needs attract new customers. :wink:
Do you really think and believe that PC2 can attract new players based on GRAPHICS?! :idea:
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Musketeer wrote:
kondi754 wrote:
Do you really think and believe that PC2 can attract new players based on GRAPHICS?! :idea:
Sorry but I think so.
I would buy regardless if there will be 2D or 3D.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”