version 4.0 problems

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

AugustusTiberius
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: version 4.0 problems

Post by AugustusTiberius »

What if the Allied player has a sub in 114,63 and the Italian sub bounced off it into the loop? Is that possible pk867?
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

I am not sure, but I think the code checks for available hexes and will bounce the sub to an empty hex.
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

Under 3.2 I have seen (surface) naval units retreat onto a transport hex and disappear. I don't know if this could still happen in 4.0 nor if the same rule applies to sub bounces.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Was that enemy surface units or did the naval units belong to the same side controlling of the Suez?
guronsan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by guronsan »

Hi,
I tried to install the 4.0 on my PC (and delete the 3 files as asked) and when I launch the game all is good except that I haven't the Mot icon on the map and in the left corner ! The Cav is allright.
Someone to help ?
thanks
jmtk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: version 4.0 problems/ Supply issue in Irak

Post by jmtk »

Thank you for your help and reply pk867. The problem was solved without me doing anything. Maybe it had to do with my opponent installation but its corrected.

Now I need to clarify about the supply situation:

Kirkut 00.jpg
Kirkut 00.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
I suppose in order to receive supply from a oil resource field it must be part of a continuous supply line as shown:
Kirkut 01.jpg
Kirkut 01.jpg (86.14 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
When the continued supply line was broken, Kirkut was destroyed as a supply source, and went from a 3 supply level to a 1 supply level.
Kirkut 02.jpg
Kirkut 02.jpg (97.15 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
If this scenario and its conclusion is correct, is different of the rest of the game areas, or is it not?
i.e. Axis units cut-off from a supply route but in control of a supply resource as a city, rail depot, mine, etc. do have supply while in Russia.

As you can imagine this situation creates serious doubt on the real supply level of cut-off units from a continuous supply line in other theater of operations, mainly Russia.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I don't understand what's the problem here?

You have to understand how supply is generated on the map.
First the game will try to distribute supply from the primary supply sources (generates supply level 5). The primary supply sources are major power capitals + Basra in Iraq for the Allies.

The distance hexes shows how far from a primary supply source you can be to get that supply level. To get supply level 5 you need to be within 20 hexes of a primary supply source. From 21-40 it drops to 4 etc. You need a land route of contiguous friendly hexes to get connected to a primary supply source.

Regular cities generate supply level 3 and will be used if you don't get higher supply level from a primary supply source. You can get supply level 3 if you can trace a route of any length to this supply source.

If you can't trace supply to a city then you can get supply level 1 if you can trace to a resource hex (mine, oilfield, rail depot etc.). You can also trace supply level 1 (or two with Mulberry) if you can trace a land route to a coastal friendly surface ship.

If you can't trace supply to any of these sources then you are out of supply and get supply level 0.

The row terrain type shows the MAX possible supply in that hex. E. g. a forest hex will get supply level 4 even if within 20 hexes of a major power capital because 4 is the max for a forest hex. If you're more than 40 hexes from a major power capital then the forest hex will drop to supply level 3.

To make things even more complicated you can bomb cities down to red so they no longer function as a supply source (will be repaired over time). E. g. this is good to know if you want to capture Leningrad and you can isolate the city. Then bombing the city down to red with strategic bombers means the supply in the city drops to 1 (not 0 because of the port). That means the Russians can only repair 1 step per turn. Thus the city will be easier to capture. Otherwise the Leningrad defenders would have supply level 3 and can repair 3 steps per turn. Since you can trace supply over frozen lakes it means the Ladoga lake becomes important to keep Leningrad alive during the winter, just as it did in the real war.
jmtk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jmtk »

My question regarding supply is answered. Thank you Sttaufenberg.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”