Mods

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Mods

Post by longheart »

I've been looking for the mods to Polaris Sector, and I found one... It seems to have been made before the game's release... And... there are no others. (This is of course the Star Wars mod).
It's been quite some time since the release too. Usually I see a flood of mods in other such games, but I can only see 1 mod here, total.

What happened? Am I looking in the wrong place for mods?
I looked with Google, and I looked with Steam... Where else do I need to look?
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Mods

Post by bjgrt »

I've heard about the Star Wars mod not being very stable with the latest PS update.
Doing a mod is a lot of work. The lack of documentation doesn't make it easier.
And I personally haven't even played all in-game races yet (here goes a necessity of a new DLC race too).
Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Firefox440 »

The Star Wars mod is not less stable with the last update than it was before. There is nothing in the update which it can break the mod.

About documentation, there is a lot, more than other games, I made a complete guide and the game can be modded easily. It does not need difficult tools.

Other point can be the motivation from people. I made my mod because I have a good motivation. Nothing more, I had not any guide, special tool or other thing more than the answers from Unfv and the questions and answers are at my guide.;)
oninowon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by oninowon »

I just bought this game and was wondering if the game change will be permanent if I install the Star Wars mod. The only other time I've installed a mod was with CIV IV and I was able to switch between playing regular Civ and the mod.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

You can switch between one and other, just if you edit the CurrentModPath "Alliance" in the REMEMBER.CFG. Just name your savegames with other names.

Return to “Polaris Sector”