Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager March 1 2016 1.6.25 Bug

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

hmelo25
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager March 1 2016 1.6.25 Bug

Post by hmelo25 »

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager March 1 2016 1.6.25 Bug (Steam)
====================================================
I really love this game, that's why it is so frustrating to not continue on within it, the game do not let me "End Season", no matter the campaign or game mode, no matter the reason, I can't neither press Yes or No, it won't let me do it. please tell me that this can be fixed. here is the save file. Thanks!
Attachments
BASPM Game Save.7z
(11 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Never End Season
Never End Season
Buzz end season.png (88.41 KiB) Viewed 7301 times
Last edited by hmelo25 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager March 1 2016 1.6.25

Post by zakblood »

might help the developers for a bit more information

a save would be helpful maybe.

version used, eg steam or site version, patch level.

pc, mac, android, ipad etc etc
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello hmelo25,

Sorry about this issue. If you can send me a savefile in order to reproduce the issue I'll investigate what's going on.

You can find more info on savefiles here.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
hmelo25

Post by hmelo25 »

First, If you really had read my post above, you may notice that I have already sent you the game save file, Unfortunately for the developers I have backed up an old version 1.1.1 from November 19 2014 and everything works great! so this is not an issue related to any save game, corrupted save game or user performed mistaken. In fact just last night I have advanced more in the game than all the time I have tried to do it with the newer version. This game cost $29.99 on Steam, the developers should release an update soon, how it is possible that the latest update they released was on April this year, the year is almost finish, people need to be more responsible and admit when they are wrong, the developers know about this problem because it was caused by them so they should fix it, ignoring customers is not a good business, I have posted a negative review on Steam, the only way I could delete it/change it is if they fix this.Thanks.
Attachments
Buzz version.png
Buzz version.png (73.98 KiB) Viewed 7278 times
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello hmelo,

Thank you for your message. Please see my replies below:
hmelo25 wrote:First, If you really had read my post above, you may notice that I have already sent you the game save file
Indeed, I didn't see that you had posted the attachment in your original message! My bad.
hmelo25 wrote:Unfortunately for the developers I have backed up an old version 1.1.1 from November 19 2014 and everything works great! so this is not an issue related to any save game, corrupted save game or user performed mistaken.
Oh, but I wasn't blaming the save game :) The reason I asked for one was so that I could reproduce the issue on my computer and troubleshoot it.
hmelo25 wrote:[...] how it is possible that the latest update they released was on April this year, the year is almost finish,
The latest update was released on April this year because we didn't find any game-breaking bugs afterwards. We're working on a new update with cosmetic changes and minor tweaks to the game data (see the changelog here) which doesn't have an ETA. That being said, should we find any issue with the latest released version, you can be confident that we will fix it and release a patch ASAP, just like we did in the past.
hmelo25 wrote:ignoring customers is not a good business
This statement is a bit harsh. You posted a thread reporting an issue on a Sunday evening and got a response from the Lead Developer within 12 hours. Saying that we're 'ignoring customers' is a bit harsh on us :(

I'll take a look at the savefile and get back to you soon with the results of my findings.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello hmelo,

I took a look at the savefiles. I'm sending you a private message so that we can continue the discussion via e-mail, which will speed things up.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
hmelo25

Post by hmelo25 »

Sorry for being misinterpreted, what I actually tried to say is that I looked all the internet, finding for solutions for this problem, that is what I always do, It was frustrating for me to not find any solution by my self, so I read other post in this forum and in other places where people are having the same issue, something that I really hate is that they never answer the costumers with the solution, never with the answer you are giving me now, I was not talking about me, but them, even in this forum that problem have been reported, so acting as never knowing about it is kind of weird, but I will trust in your words, I promise that if you really release an update which would solve this problem I will change my review for a positive one, I am not against any one business, but you need to understand that customers make your business. Thanks.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello hmelo,

People might have experienced the same issue in the past, but I can tell you in good faith that all the outstanding issues have been resolved and that there are no breaking bugs in the current version (apart from the one you reported, which I jumped right into after I found out about it). I read the review you left on Steam and I must say I'm quite surprised:
if you continue reading the rest of the forums, you see that the developers never answer as they should answer to a customer, they seem to always avoid their responsibility by ignoring them and never answer what the costumers requested, this is a way of stealing!!
Can you please provide the links where we avoid responsibility and ignore our customers? I think we've been quite diligent when it comes to patching the game, so it might as well be that something slipped through the cracks. If you can post the links, that would be great.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello hmelo,

I've fixed the issue, please use the attached savefile. You will be able to launch the X-15 mission you had already scheduled, just open the savefile and click the 'End Season' button.

Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll look into them.

Cheers,
Attachments
SaveSlot1.zip
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
hmelo25

Post by hmelo25 »

As I have explained before, I am not interested in that save file, I am using the old version of the game which works fine without any issue, is not the save file, the problem is the game, please admit that.Thanks!
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

hmelo25 wrote:As I have explained before, I am not interested in that save file, I am using the old version of the game which works fine without any issue, is not the save file, the problem is the game, please admit that.Thanks!
It looks like there is an issue with the game, yes. But, as I mentioned to you via private message yesterday, I'm unable to pinpoint the problem and I need your help. In the meantime, I can provide you a workaround via the modified savefile so that you can continue playing the game while we get to the bottom of the problem.

I'm reposting the contents of the message I've sent you yesterday here so that we can continue the discussion here in the forums:
Nacho84 wrote: I took a look at SaveSlot4.xml and, indeed, I was able to reproduce the issue on this end. However, I cannot figure out how the savefile got into that state. I loaded the autosave file from the previous season (AutoSave-2016-12-17-174948-1959-2.xml, which I renamed to SaveSlot0.xml), ended the season and performed the following steps:

1) Ran the X-15 mission that was already scheduled. I skipped directly to the results and the mission was successful.
2) In the new season, I scheduled another X-15 mission and assigned the following Flight Controllers:

Fernando Freedman
Monte Zajac
Ngan Yingst
Kyong Osburn

and the following astronaut as the only X-15 pilot: Andre Cobbins

3) I then proceeded to end the turn and I didn't experience any issues.

Clearly, I'm missing a step in here :( Can I ask you to tell me which steps do I need to follow after loading the AutoSave-2016-12-17-174948-1959-2.xml savefile in order to reproduce the problem you reported? Please drop me a line to XXXXXX so that we can continue the discussion via e-mail, which should make things quicker.

Thank you for your patience. It seems that you have found an edge case, but don't worry, we'll fix it :)
Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
hmelo25

Post by hmelo25 »

So sorry, I really got involved in other stuffs and I have not played the game in a while, I just did edit the review and I promise to delete it once this bug is fixed, happy new year!

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”