_[FDB] rev1030 [Graphics] Shadows and trees

Forum for reporting bugs

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

_[FDB] rev1030 [Graphics] Shadows and trees

Post by Cablenexus »

In current FOG(U) build the shadows don't have any transparancy anymore around the edges. In FOG(U) the shadows had some transparancy around the edges.

The trees and other objects on the map are pixelated on all zoom levels.

I made a screenshot comparisson in Google album because of limit size for pictures on the forum.

https://goo.gl/photos/chLzMbmMvvFoWGzi8
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: _[FDB] rev1030 [Graphics] Shadows and trees

Post by cothyso »

custom FXAA added in rev1032 (v2.5.00.1032 GM2 build)
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

cothyso wrote:custom FXAA added in rev1032 (v2.5.00.1032 GM2 build)
Just downloaded 1032 and start playing a few scenarios but for me there is no difference between 1030 and 1032 graphical/FSAA wise.
I tried on multiple screen resolutions, all six different Unity settings, windowed/fullscreen and even reverted my AMD driver to the WHQL certified 15.12 driver instead of 16.4.1 new release.
No luck with any of the options. Still the same graphics as in 1030.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Please delete both output_log.txt and console_log.txt files. Start the application, enter and play a game, then exit the application. Get both files and attach them in here. Thank you.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

cothyso wrote:Please delete both output_log.txt and console_log.txt files. Start the application, enter and play a game, then exit the application. Get both files and attach them in here. Thank you.
Those are my output and console log files. I can see the quality settings are changed in the text but not in game for one reason. (parola in your PM).

Intel dual core 2.66/2.77, Asus P5Q, 8GB, AMD R7 250 2GB Crimson 15.12 WQHL driver, VIA chipset, Windows 10 64bit, Acer HDMI monitor 1680 x 1050 fullscreen resolution.
Attachments
FSAA_Cablenexus.rar
output and console log
(11.89 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

cothyso wrote:Please delete both output_log.txt and console_log.txt files. Start the application, enter and play a game, then exit the application. Get both files and attach them in here. Thank you.
Hi, did you had time to look into the files I send you already?

I tried the beta 34 today and still no change for me.
Don't know if it's important but I think the only difference I see and I expect that FSAA/MSAA/AA settings are working only in some of the menu's is that some text is very smoothed out in some of the menu's while in other menu's I have just "static" text. It looks to me like the AA/AF settings etc only seems to work on some of the menu and text, but not ingame/units/icons/map etc.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

I send my save file two month ago and never get any repsonse on it. Did you find something odd behaviour on my system in my log files that influence the FSAA/MSAA?AA settings, shadows, smoothness of the game and why I'm unable to select any of the different Unity settings on game start?

Return to “Bug Reports”