Modding Invasion Mechanism

RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Modding Invasion Mechanism

Post by RandomAttack »

So say I want to simplify/streamline by only having Marines & Police. How do I eliminate the other units (tanks/planes/boats)? Do I just delete the "available by default" line in respective file? Change MaxCountByDefault to zero? Delete the file from BuildInfo? What is the best way to keep anyone from building these?

Also, in "Remember" file there is a line "BlockedColonyCanAccessGlobalResources". Does "blocked" mean blockaded by enemy fleet? Or does it also apply to a planet "cutoff" from the contiguous region displayed on the map? Basically, what happens if I change it from true to false?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Modding Invasion Mechanism

Post by Ufnv »

RandomAttack wrote:So say I want to simplify/streamline by only having Marines & Police. How do I eliminate the other units (tanks/planes/boats)? Do I just delete the "available by default" line in respective file? Change MaxCountByDefault to zero? Delete the file from BuildInfo? What is the best way to keep anyone from building these?
The best way is to remove from res_bld.a, phrase AddAllBuildings() and recompile rtq files.
The easiest way is probably to comment out the "AllowedByDefault" and "GroundUnit" lines in the respective BldInfo files.
Also, in "Remember" file there is a line "BlockedColonyCanAccessGlobalResources". Does "blocked" mean blockaded by enemy fleet? Or does it also apply to a planet "cutoff" from the contiguous region displayed on the map? Basically, what happens if I change it from true to false?
Yes, blockaded by enemy fleet. If you set this to false, the planet will rely solely on it's own produced resources. Usually this just quickly brings a planet to the revolting state, because of lack of food. Also, I am not sure it now works well with AI.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

Ufnv wrote:If you set this to false, the planet will rely solely on it's own produced resources. Usually this just quickly brings a planet to the revolting state, because of lack of food. Also, I am not sure it now works well with AI.
Will it destroy buildings and kill troops if the planet doesn't produce required resources? Will it stop the planet from distributing back to the empire (potentially causing empire wide hunger or fleet destruction)?
Also, AI planets never revolt, do they?
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by longheart »

bjgrt wrote:Also, AI planets never revolt, do they?
In my personal experience:
I had a couple spy ships in orbit over a planet that was fighting a losing battle with an evil invading army.
Sadly, nothing could be done and my spies reported when the planet was lost.
Immediately, I ordered my spies to destroy all the troops on the planet, which they easily did...

Then I waited...
And waited...
And unrest never increased.
And waited...
finally, several years later, my fleet arrives with my troop transports a few months behind.
While I wait in orbit, the planet suddenly becomes mine with a message saying I invaded them.

What?

They never had any unrest.
I can't figure out what happened.
I had no troop ships in orbit.
To this day I still scratch my head wondering what happened... But since the evil empire that declared war on me had colonized another planet in that system, I just dropped troops on it instead, and that solved that problem.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

longheart wrote: finally, several years later, my fleet arrives with my troop transports a few months behind.
While I wait in orbit, the planet suddenly becomes mine with a message saying I invaded them.

What?

They never had any unrest.
I can't figure out what happened.
If the planet was yours before, then this is a "quick flip" - the population restored the control by itself when you control the space.

Return to “Modders Corner”